“Beautiful & Spectacular views”

Courtyard Dubai, Green Community
Ranked #196 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This property is located in a very beautiful & clam place to stay. Food is very nice and if you need Indian food you have to speck to the kitchen in advance to get your choice, but hotel staff are very helpful and extended their best to serve you. Always i feel, its my next home, that way you feel fully relaxed. Their free Dubai city tour is very nice and one can visit all important places with your family. They are not providing airport transport for pickup & drop, its costly because, hotel is located very far from the airport nearly 40 km, thats only disadvantage to visit Dubai city. Overall worth to stay.

Room Tip: Choose always the lake view roomsm which is really very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I along wid my fiancée visited dis hotel dis week. We found this hotel amazing with spectacular views. Rooms are comfortable and very peaceful. The lake by the hotel looks stunning. MOHAMMAD at the front desk was very frendly and charming who gives a very good first impression of the hotel. Looking forward to go there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Saurav G
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed just one night but and wished we stayed longer.

Avni at the front desk was very kind and helpful.

This courtyard is part of the green community which was very beautiful and has lots of nice quaint shops and diverse restaurants and a small mall too.

It was a great place to go for a walk in the morning and evening. Its away from Dubai's madness. Very peaceful and relaxing location

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Mme. Bolleaux and I stayed at the Courtyard recently. It was my third time at this property and this time was not very good.
As seems to be usual in this part of the world, we arrived after midnight, check-in was quick enough but on arrival in our "upgraded room" a nasty smell of stale cigarette smoke greeted us. We called down to the reception and were grudgingly given a non-smoking room. The reception staff had decided that as we did not specify a non smoking room, the default was a smoking room. I advised them that my preferences as a Platinum member were firmly lodged in the Marriott reservation system and I expect them to be respected.
The rooms are first rate, no problems there. I had reserved the bed and breakfast rate as my wife was with me so we could enjoy a leisurely buffet together. We sat outside, it was a lovely warm morning and enjoyed a very adequate buffet selection. We had almost finished when the server came over and rather sheepishly advised us that she would have to charge us for one buffet. The reason being, in this particular property, if you buy the bed and breakfast rate, it only includes breakfast for one! Now I admit I had not bothered to read the small print because as a long time Marriott client, I am not used to being chiseled so I expressed my surprise and left it at that. We had a couple of other visits from various F & B representatives and later, when we came to check out we were not charged for the additional breakfast.
This property is well maintained and in an interesting location. However it suffers from poor management and is fairly typical of service in the region where management thinks that large numbers of visible staff equates to good customer service, unfortunately this is often not the case.
Finally, this hotel is grossly overpriced. We paid more per night here than at full service Marriotts in London and Mumbai on the same trip.

Room Tip: If you want a no0n-smoking room, you will need to specify this at time of booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bolleaux
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm familiar with the region and location of this hotel having lived in Dubai before, so for me (us) it was a no brainer, if you are hiring a car and are confident with driving around Dubai and AD then this is an ideal location. I booked it online with Marriott.com which was easy and the communication from the hotel was ideal, allowing us to choose the right room and bed occupancy. On arrival we checked in, ate and went about our short break, me, my wife and our teenage daughter. The hotel was clean and very well presented, valet parking, concierge etc all very good. The room was clean and well sized and (no smoking) smelt well! as did the corridors? not too sure about the other reviews?? It is clean and the staff are superb, very helpful and attentive, even more so if you are not rude to them and in return friendly - they really tend to you in an excellent professional manner. The pool and surrounding area was great, and the weather as always is to be relied upon. Food was very good, nice typical Marriott breakfast and decent evening meal (you usually end up eating out in Dubai so we only stayed 2 times). Be aware though the outside pool area is under refurb from 3rd Dec thru xmas so be aware before you book. So TBH we cant fault it for a VFM short Sun/Shopping break it was perfect. Enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed at the CY Marriott Green Community over a long weekend as it was close to friends. The rooms are fine. The corridors and restaurants stink of cigarette smoke, and very overpriced, but food was OK, . The staff are eager but untrained. I subsequently had a billing issue which I rang back about and found the staff were seemingly trying hard to ensure I did not speak to anyone in charge (in fact anyone .... they didn't pick up the line twice when transferred to the front desk) so the issue was not known to anyone who may be able to do something about it. The pool is tiny and unappealling.
In summary, do not stay there unless there is a compelling geographical reason to do so. This is a business hotel, full stop.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

On the day were I arrived the staff offered to me a payable upgrade to a higher room. I denied. After that they told me there was only smoking rooms avaible, but I had requested a non smoking room. So I told them I didnt want to have it, they were not able to solve that problem. The room was smeling very terrible. Durring the terribel night the TV of the room was automatically swichted on with the welcome screen. Some error in their IT system was the cause the reception told me. The breakfast buffet is averge or below. When you go around 9 to the breakfast all plates are usualy empty. The Hotel rooms are like every Marriott in a good size. Be carefull when you connect you notebook to the wireless system in front of the Marriott Hotel there are pepole in cars which are connecting with large antennas to the system. I do not recommend this Hotel it is below the Marriott Global Standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business