“My reunion with Lords Hotel in Dubai.”

Lavender Hotel Dubai
Ranked #268 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Finland
“My reunion with Lords Hotel in Dubai.”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

It is indeed equitable to say that whenever I come to a hotel for my very first time, I have some ideas what to expect from the hotel. However, I try not to jump into a too hasty decisions because I will most likely regret for those hasty comments. And yes, not to overstep the bounds of propriety. My recent holiday week in the beginning of December 2013 was divided between Fujairah and Dubai in that very order. I can honestly say that in retrospect both destinations were chosen because to me they give the feeling how I define reunion with those two hotels I stayed.
I can honestly say Lords Hotel in Dubai can be described as comfortable, clean and well looked after. It is just as true that the staff have been endowed with internal motivation to serve every hotel guest equally well.

Room Tip: I would assume that all rooms are good. It is certainly worth while to keep in mind that a hotel gu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mini5man

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Минск, Беларусь
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

So-so. If I be in Dubai next time I'll choose another! Linen and towel were dirty( Breakfasts didn't change during all the week( Nevertheless, it situated next to subway and you can get in any point of the city.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Denis G
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Hotel is at good location if you are visiting Dubai first time and need a good base for exploring.
It is well connected by metro with other parts of town and has free shuttle buses to Deira city centre and Al Mamzar beach park ( for last one, you may wanna book ticket day before coz it gets crowded). Abra stop is also in walkable distance.
Swimming pool can get bussy, so if you want a lounge better come on time. Breakfast is pretty good, so you won't get bored during your stay.
There's a lot of restaurants, most of them very affordable in the area, shops and supermarkets.
Stuff is helpfull, rooms clean and cozy, not very modern but sooo worth the price.
I would stay there again, but would probably pick a different location, just to experience a new area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper floors, even though noise is gone when you close the windows, it gives you bet...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank mimmica
Bhopal, India
Reviewed 8 July 2012

If I have to describe Lords Hotel in 3 words, I would put - Nice, Comfortable and Clean. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. I stayed on 4th floor for 3 days, AC in the room was good, Bed comfortable for the price paid and Bathroom clean.
Check-in / Check-out was smooth without any problems and it seems they had already blocked a room for us as we checked in late in the evening.
Though the swimming pool on the terrace is small but a nice place to relax. Breakfast has enough variety and acceptable taste. Service in the restaurant during Breakfast was also perfect, every one was properly taken care of.
However, Towels in Bathroom as well as swimming pools have lived their life and are worn out. One of the towels in Bathroom was a bit smelly too.
I am not sure whether I will stay again in this place when I visit Dubai next, but still nothing negative about this hotel.
Point to remember is that there is no bar in the hotel and liquor is not available in shops in Dubai. So if you want to drink some, better carry with you. ( I didn't and regretted later. I am not sure so check up yourself about legality of drinking inside your hotel room in Dubai).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank RajnishKhare
houston
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I have been staying at the Lords Hotel regularly for the last three years when I travel through Dubai on business. The staff is always accomodating and they go out of thier way to ensure I have what I need and/or want while I am there. Like stated in many other reviews, it is a 3star hotel and it could probably use some updates in the furnishings and food choices, but that is all. Everything else about this hotel is 4 or 5 star quality. I will continue to stay there as long as I am traveling to Dubai.

Room Tip: When I check in I never give up my passport, tell them they can make a copy of it but you will need...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank myissii
Valletta
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We were supposed to arrive at 2a.m. but unfortunalty we arrived at 6.am.due to a delay in our connection. The reservation desk employee looked to online reservation like it's something out of this world. Our room was quite big,clean and nice. We went to sleep immediatly only to be woken up again at around 8.am. when some of the staff tried to open the door and found the security lock. Breakfast is ok, nothing out of this world but I wasn't expecting big things. Taxis don't know this hotel. We went out and returned at around 7 p.m. only to see that our room wasn't serviced so I phoned them and soon after someone came to give us at least clean towels. they kept our passport for the whole 2 days. Pay a bit more and go to a 4 star plus hotel like we did after.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Unkn0wn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stayed at Lords hotel for 6 nights, the staff were very friendly and always willing to help. Our room was very spacious and clean, for the price and 3 star rating the service provided by the staff was much more like 4/5 star. I would highly recommend this hotel especially if working to a budget but looking for a decent and safe place to stay.

Stayed July 2010