“Great location, loud music at night”
Review of Royal Falcon Hotel

Royal Falcon Hotel
Ranked #463 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The best part of this hotel is its location. It is just next to the Metro Station-Salah Al Din. Once you are in metro you can get anywhere. Also, Union is very close about 1.5 kilometres far and the street that connects Union and the next Metro station-Al Rigga is very close to the hotel and it is worth visiting because there are many shops, restaurants, fast food restaurants,etc. They are all on walking distance from the hotel. You can also walk to the Creek from the Hotel. Close to the hotel, in the same street is a souvenir, gift, perfume shop which is called Gift Village Discount Center,just opposite from Reef Mall.
The bad part of the Royal Falcon hotel is the disco club, actually two disco clubs which are situated on the first floor.I was on the third floor and I could barely sleep.The music finished at 2 or 3 am. Then, in the lobby there are many prostitutes at night and one can pick up any of them. The room was ok. Only I had a problem with the door lock.If I turned the key once, it was still unlocked. I had to turn the key twice to lock the door which was ok for me, but the cleaning lady kept turning the key once and on two occasions I came to the room to find out that it was unlocked. So I had to write a message to my cleaning lady to turn the keys twice. Before my departure from the hotel I noticed that the problem was fixed.
All in all, I wouldn`t recommend this hotel to the families with children, but to solo travelers it was worth visiting especially talking about the budget.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors because of the loud music on the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank milosrb79

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed here back in October 2011 for ten days and was pleased with my stay. The staff was friendly, my room was kept clean, and my stay was so cheap I was able to spend more money on shopping and excursions.

The metro station is less than a block away and took me everywhere I wanted to go......even the Dubai Marina!!

The morning prayer in the loud speakers outside does not wake you up at 5:30am like some other hotels ( I say this with no disrespect to Muslim religion)

This is not the type of hotel you stay at if you are very conservative or on a family vacation. Cheap fathers, do not bring your family here lol.

You will like the Hotel if you are traveling by yourself, with your buddy, or with a girlfriend who is not conservative and likes to have fun and party. There are at least 4 clubs in the Hotel and sometimes music can be heard in your room until at 2am.

Even though you could hear it, I don't think it was too loud. The music actually helped me sleep since I was by myself. The DJ's tracks were also good too lol ( I stayed for 10 days)

The Hotel and area is extremely safe and you have nothing to worry about. But then again, I am very respectful and do not discriminate against anybody.

One thing I did not like was I paid $24 (AED 84) a day for internet. The only option was per hour or 24 hours. It was over $10 to have it for one hour so had to accept 24hr internet since I needed it for at least a few hours within a 24hr period. If I could pause my time then $24 would have been worth it but you didn't have that option. If the Wi-fi was cheaper I would have given this hotel a better rating.

The Royal Falcon is a great place to stay if you are just looking for a cheap place to sleep while you explore Dubai. Overall, I had a great stay and will come back if the internet is cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorenzo C
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I spent only one night at this hotel and had to flee to another hotel as early as 6.0 am because the hotel was so smelly and noisy. This is a place where there are 8 floors with three first floors with cabarets and discos. Very noisy and we could not sleep at all (i was accompanied by my wife and 2 daughters). The rooms were small not exceeding 9 m² each against the published 40 m² on booking.com.
I really believe that Dubai Authorities should close down such establishments. They are worse than some filthy hotels of the far east. It does not even deserve the 0/10 mark.

Room Tip: Don't go to that hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank hab154
Reviewed 29 December 2011

It's just a few meters away from the metro station. It's also in a safe district so we weren't afraid to go home at 2am. The male receptionist gave us a room in the 6/F so we couldn't hear the noise from the bars. There was no wifi in our 7-night stay.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank presh_14
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Positve:
convenient location towards the airport

Negative:
Free extras as agreed on HRS booking were withheld
Passport was taken and refused to hand out for carrying it while being in the city
Credit Card reader did not work (for payment)
Smoke alarm destroyed, from the looks of it years ago.
Telefone: Did not work
Cleanliness left to be desired
Service vastly unfriendly
AC: cooled down to 16 °C with no option to controle from within the room. When I called reception from my german mobile, the staff either could not or wanted not to understand me.

I would have coped with all of that for one night. But when BEDBUGS were running across the second cushion on my bed ... I fled this place at four o'clock in the morning!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Travellingesther
Reviewed 18 November 2011

There are I think 5 types of pub / night clubs in this hotel, and its up to you if you will go inside the pubs. We ignored the people around, we went straight to our room since we're tired from going around the whole day.

Don't walk-in and check-in. If you can, book it in advance. Its way cheaper! I booked 3 nights only instead of 4nights 3 days cos we arrive 2am. I thought i can get discount or get it free if we will do early check in, it was unsuccessful. I paid 300dirham for 1 night whilst 447dirhams for the 3 nights!!!! I get over it, i need my sleep.

its convenient cos its walking distance the reef mall and the metro station. there's a 24hr grocery story across the road. Also, its near the airport. Unless I can afford to stay in a 5-star hotel, i will not complain staying here cos its way cheaper anyway.

So for those who are complaining about the pubs, then try checking in to those expensive hotels. it is right to manage our expectation base on the rate we paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank annsherry
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Needing a hotel for just a few hours before my friend's 3am trip to the airport, I assumed that the Royal Falcon Hotel would provide a clean, albeit very basic, room to suit this purpose. How wrong I was.

On arrival we were greeted by a lovely porter (definitely the only pleasant experience we had). We checked in and were told the lifts were broken, and so we were able to move to a room on the 2nd floor rather than the 7th. After an unpleasant climb up the stairs (which housed sleeping people, shared bathrooms and roaches) we reached the room which was next to the questionable 'massage centre'.

The room was dirty, the ceiling was stained, and the bathroom was simply disgusting. Fearing for our lives (quite honestly), we immediately went to the reception to leave. We were, very impressively, given a full refund - clearly this was not the first time someone has checked out virtually on arrival. Please, I advise anyone needing a cheap hotel in Dubai, spend that little extra and stay somewhere you can feel safe and clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends