“Beautiful in every way!”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #6 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful in every way!”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We spent three nights here on a return trip home from Abu Dhabi and were blown away by the beauty of this hotel. Upon our arrival we were escorted to the upstairs lobby and felt like we were walking into a wedding reception! Our escort directed us to a very comfy seating area surrounded by gorgeous floral arrangements, and checked us in while we took in the beauty of our surroundings. This area was also a place to have cocktails, but without the bar atmosphere. You never saw the bar area, just the attendants who would quietly take your drink orders if you needed anything.
The room was amazing - overlooking the Arabian gulf and the nearby beach. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was outstanding! It had a variety of stations depending on what you prefer for breakfast - everything from fresh meats and cheeses, fresh pastries, fresh fruit, and a station where they made either fresh pancakes or crepes with a variety of toppings or fillings to from which to choose. When you asked for coffee, they brought you an entire glass pot of fresh brewed coffee. I could go on and on about this stay, but suffice it to say, it is a five star hotel without the five star hotel price. And the American dollar is very strong in the UAE at this time, so even more reason to visit this beautiful hotel and beautiful city!

Room Tip: I think any room at this hotel would be fine but ask for a view of the beach for the best views.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tjcoult
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude and thanks for all you lovely comments that you had posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities at the property.

Once again thank you for your time in recommending us on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
Reviewed 8 July 2011

After having read dozens of raving reviews about the Grosvenor House in Dubai, I've told my husband I am not going to choose any longer, as I have made my choice.
We are going to Dubai on sabbatical as a family for 30 nights in December/January, and I have been the biggest advocate for staying in Grosvenor, regardless of the big whole it would have made in our family budget as it gives me 3 in 1 (all the priviliges of being in a hotel combined with the comfort of an apartment for long term stay plus all beach and kids facilties within easy access at the neighboring Le Meridien) - no other place seems to be able to give у that.
Unfortunately, my impressions from the first and second contact with the hotel sales office has been not so positive so far:(.
It took them more than 2 days to send first email reply back to me. The responses I got were very limited in detail, so I had to go back and ask for clarifications or additional information - it never felt like the staff is willing to go an extra mile to accomodate all my questions even those i may have not asked. the answers were either incomplete or did not provide sufficient detail. It almost felt like the sales agent responding to me is being irritated by having to deal with a customer. I had to push them to respond or call me. Each time it takes them at least 1-2 days to get back to me, so i cannot get my answers in real time.
It is a bit in contradiciton with my expectations of a true 5 star service. I've expected a bit more attention and going extra mile to make me feel i am a welcome potential guest (ready to spend quite a big portion of our vacation budget on that stay).
Surprisingly, I have experienced a much better online customer care with the 4star apartment residences weve been in contact with so far (namely Nouran residences and their 5 star Address hotel property) who have allways responded immediately within seconds, and even phoned me to clear thigs up for me. I felt very special and wanted.
I know the management of GH are regularly reviewing this site, so I am hoping they will pay attention to this are for improvement.
Regardless, i am looking forward to our upcoming travel, and I am convinced this will be the only poor experience I've had with Grosvenor, and the rest will be perfect just like the other reviewers have shared!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sharkm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to read about your initial reservation process and I am now aware that our Asst. Sales Director, has been in contact with you and explained the reason for not replying to you sooner. As you can appreciate this was mainly due to the weekend office timings and also because of the time difference between the two countries. However, I understand that the matter is now resolved to your satisfaction.

On a more positive note, we are extremely delighted to hear that you and your family had planned to spend the festive season with us and I look forward to welcoming you at Grosvenor House Dubai.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We arrived to the Dubai airport at about 3:00 AM and to the hotel by 5:30 AM. This was well before check-in time but we were still given a room with an expansive balcony. While there is construction work going on in the Marina, we were not bothered by any noise whatsoever. The service was excellent. When we first arrived to check in, the front desk agent told us to have a seat and relax while he got us a room. He quickly printed keys and escorted us to our room.

The room was extremely clean and the bathrooms were large. Coffee and tea were complimentary and there was a large flat screen TV and IPOD dock.

Breakfast in and of itself made the hotel worth it. The spread took up over 3 counters and was delicious! We were sad we only gave ourselves 30 minutes to enjoy it! We ordered room service for breakfast the first day we were there and that was great as well. The hotel has everything you would need. I thought the gym was excellent as was the pool (wish I had time to use the pool). The spa seemed peaceful.

We went to Buddha Bar for dinner one night and loved the appetizers and drinks we shared. We were too full to order entrees but they looked delicious as well. After dinner we went to the Turkish restaurant for Hookah and the service continued to be exceptional (our coal was changed several times). We will definitely be back!

2 Thank rc127
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Grosvenor House Dubai.

Whilst we are not always able to offer an early check-in, as this is subject availability, it was a pleasure on this occasion and we also glad to hear that you found the room to be very spacious and clean.

Thank you for all your comments regarding our restaurants with particular mention to Sloanes. We will be sure to share your feedback with all the team.

San Clemente, California
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel has an ostentatious vibe to it. The fact that Buddha Bar is located on the premises doesn't help. Obnoxious and fake. Seems like they are trying to appeal to the 'pretend I have money' crowd. Generally just didn't care for the place

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
24 Thank ecbatana
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Planned our trip well in advance using tripadvisor (of course). We weren't disappointed with the hotel at all. We arrived Dubai early and got to the hotel about 9am. We were picked up at Dubai Int'l airport by a BMW 7 series (part of the package for the club room). We were checked in without any hassles. The hotel staff are friendly to a fault. Even allowing me use their mobile when i had to call my bank in Nigeria.

About the noise of the construction which i had read about here, if the doors are shut, you don't hear anything. Moreover, the weather is so hot, you really wouldn't want to leave the doors open.

This is a hotel i would most certainly be coming back to and recommending to friends. Note of warning though, do not skimp on tours... The hotel tried to book us via their agents on the desert safari but we opted for a cheaper external tour provider. Worst decision of our trip. LOL

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors 30 - 44th
1 Thank charlesboham
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 10 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Grosvenor House experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities of the hotel and look forward to welcome you back in the future.

I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We had a suite on the 11th floor and it was beautiful. We were not disturbed by the building work noise.
The hotel staff were very friendly and made us all feel very welcome.The bathrooms are beautiful, the tv picture is perfect (poor tv pictures are a common problem in most hotels). We even had some free movies to choose from.
The pool area is a little stark and not great for kids but the free access to Le Meridien beach and pool is a great bonus as is the free shuttle
The breakfasts are very good, overall a great, well run hotel.
Better suited to couples and business rather than families\

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich2809
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you found our team to be very friendly/welcoming and our suites to be beautiful.

We are sorry that you were not particularly pleased with our pool area, however, happy to hear that you were able to make use of the facilities at Le Royal Meridien.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Grosvenor House for 4 nights last week and we are still talking about this outstanding hotel - and telling all our friends!! This really is an outstanding hotel and the staff have a very special talent for anticipating your needs.

The rooms are beautifully appointed with quality furnishings. The bed was large and supremely comfortable. The linens and pillows were of a very high quality, - fine white cotton, smooth and cool to the touch. The TV/AV set-up is of good quality - it met all our needs. The wi-fi is adequate but was a touch slow at times.

All the bathroom amenities and toiletries were of high quality and the cleaning and presentation were always perfect. The room was detailed at least twice a day, - but we were never inconvenienced. The room makeovers seemed to happen invisibly - it may be just coincidence (but I don't think things happen by coincidence in a hotel this well run!) but we never returned to our room and found it unmade. There was lots of regularly refreshed complimentary fruit and water.

We had a B&B deal. The breakfast is served in Sloanes which is the hotel's "workhorse" everyday meal, venue. Breakfast choice though is vast and without asking for it to be "fresh squeezed" the orange juice is always "fresh squeezed." We also never had a bad cup/pot of tea or coffee anywhere in this hotel. Quality was always superb and the beverage beautifully served. The Earl Grey served to me poolside was the best cup of tea I've ever tasted in my life!! That is high praise believe me - we are very fussy about tea and coffee.

We used Bar 44 which is very nice and has a spectacular view up there on 44th Floor. We are non smokers but smoking is allowed in this bar. It didn't bother us too much but you do smell smoke the moment you walk in.

We ate at Indego by Veneet which is a very good restaurant indeed - high end Indian food - with an interesting twist. The service is awesome.

Our favourite evening was at the Buddha Bar which is immediately outside the hotel main entrance - but in the same building. You can book through the hotel. When I booked through the Concierge I receieved a personal letter to our room confirming all the details of the reservation. The Buddha Bar is an experience not to be missed - one of the things you should have on your list of "places to spend an evening before I die." It was our last night and we had to flip a coin and make the choice whether to eat at Gary Rhodes or the Buddha Bar. Both would be excellent but I figured Gary Rhodes could wait until our next trip. I intend that we'll be regular visitors at this hotel in future.

The gymn is a decent size but not huge - it's very clean and all the equipment is of high quality and well maintained. There were plenty of towels and bottles of water on hand. I used the gymn three times in mid afternoon but rarely found more than one other person in there. We didn't try the Spa but you walk through the Spa area to access the gymn - there was always nice incense and a feeling of efficient tranquility.

We only used the Grosvenor pool once. It's relatively small but nevertheless a pleasant area. It wasn't overcrowded and the poolside service is good. There was "chill" music playing - not too loudly - but just enough to cover the noise of construction which is inevitable in the Marina area for now. Incidentally the noise wasn't big noise and we were never disturbed by it to any serious degree. We certainly didn't hear any noise at night!

We used the arrangement whereby Grosvenor guests can use the facilities of the Royal Mirage Hotel and Beach Club just along the road. there is a shuttle bus running between the 2 hotels every 15 mins. It works well. Facilities at the Royal Mirage are also very good but we only used the pool and the beach. There are apparently 14 restaurants and bars there and you can still charge everything to your room at the Grosvenor. Service around the pool was good - but I don't think the Royal Mirage is quite at the same lofty standard as the Grosvenor.

Was there anything at all I could criticise about the Grosvenor? It would be hard to find a complaint but we did have difficult,y and failed to find, their (free) shuttle bus back from the Dubai Mall. I'm just being picky really though - mainly because there was really nothing to complain about. We got a taxi; -taxis are cheap.

The staff at this hotel were truly wonderful and I love the way they can anticipate a guest's needs. They've thought about what you want before you have! In my daytime job I drive a Superyacht; - we specialise in a 6 Star hospitality experience, - so I know what good service is and how difficult it is to find. You will find it at this hotel I promise you.

We managed to book a really good deal for this hotel combined with Emirates flights from London. It wasn't expensive for medium haul flights and a fantastic hotel - there were also Limo transfers to and from Dubai Airport. Initially I thought F&B prices throughout the Grosvenor were high but by the time we'd been there 24 hours I had reviewed that opinion - and chnaged it. Bearing in mind the Quality of the F&B and the exceptional service prices are really quite reasonable. It's on a par with the South of France for comparison - the difference is you wont get quality or service as good as this in the South of France.

5 Thank roydance
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed positive review of Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We were happy that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel, particularly your dinning experience in Buddha Bar, Indego, Sloanes, the pool, and gym as well as the facilities at our sister property, Le Royal Meridien.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back.