Grosvenor House Dubai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
4,993 results
All reviewsbuddha bartoro tororoyal meridiensiddharta loungepremier roomlevel loungesloanes restaurantbulgari toiletriesnew towergary rhodesbeach facilitiesguest servicesshuttle busmarina areaclub roombars and restaurantsbed apartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed at the Grosvenor House for 5 days over Christmas, along with two other couples from the UK. This was our 5th visit there in recent years for my wife and I, and we hold this hotel in the highest regard.
All of the previous occasions have been in Tower 1, however this time we were in Tower 2, and we also had access to the 'Lounge 5' club facility. We were all thoroughly impressed with the hospitality shown, and the comfort and luxury of the second tower.
We took full advantage of checking out the Spa, Embassy Club and Siddhartha lounge - all fully compliment the already outstanding attractions at this hotel.
What really sets the Grosvenor Hotel apart however is it's staff. Everyone is professional, welcoming, friendly and appears to genuinely take pride in their role. Nothing is too much trouble, and their customer-care is first rate. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Get 'lounge 5' access club room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank JamesandNichola
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Grosvenor House.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty towards our property and it was in deed a pleasure to look after you all during the festive period.

We are delighted to note that you had once again enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the facilities that we had offer at the Grosvenor House Tower Two.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you all back.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed here for a week over Christmas and overall I would rate this hotel as very good. Top 3 reasons why I really liked it:

1. Loads of things to do – it has one of the best Indian restaurants in town (if not the best), it has two very good places to go out in terms of Buddha bar and Siddhartha lounge (in the winter), in addition to the pretty happening bar on the top floor.

2. Responsive service – I would just pick up the phone and ask for stuff and it just happened. TV doesn’t work – ‘will fix it straight away sir’. I need adaptors – ‘here they are’. I need to check out really late – ‘no problem’. Need food immediately – ‘done’. I need whiskey glasses because my friends are pretentious – ‘3 minutes’.

3. Quality of space, decoration and surroundings - this hotel looks good from the outside and the inside. I had a one bedroom apartment and this was decorated excellently, nice layout, veeeeeeeeery comfy bed, nice big bathroom with a rain shower…can’t go wrong.

Some things you need to know. They didn’t bother me that much (hence the rating), but I can imagine they would annoy some people on a different holiday program.

1. The swimming pool in tower 1 is very small and therefore people turning up after 10:30am didn’t get a sun bed. Further, due to loads of tall buildings you have interruption in sunshine (no sun after around 1:30pm). You can get a free shuttle to the Royal Meridian hotel so you can you use their pool and the beach but I didn’t enjoy it because this hotel was mainly occupied by people that I’m allergic to. Food there for lunch is horrible too.

2. Some 1 bedroom apartments have only a bathtub and no shower. Not even a little shower handle as part of the bathtub. Seriously wtf. Who runs a bath every morning?!

3. Buddha bar and the hotel bar at the top floor are frequented by various ladies of the night. This is not uncommon in Dubai and they mainly keep to themselves so I don’t find them offensive. The issue is that the atmosphere is ruined because your still having dinner or a drink next to a hooker (or next to 600 hookers).

7  Thank Eyeous
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We are truly delighted to read from your review that you had enjoyed your stay with us and it was our pleasure to look after you during this festive season.

All your kind comments both positive and constructive are taken on board and addressed accordingly.

Once again thank you for recommending Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Grosvenor House in December 2011, this was our second visit and it was even better than the first, the hotel is absolutely luxurious, from the reception areas to the rooms and bathrooms, magnificent view, excellent location and the best breakfast buffet selection we have ever had. The little touches like the complimentary bottle of non alcoholic date champagne and box of chocolates made us feel so special, as did the platter of different fruit every day.
The hotel is a sister hotel to the Le Royal Meridian Jumeirah beach and guests can use the beach and pool facilities there, there is a shuttle that travels every few minutes between the two hotels, so while staying at the Grosvenor you have access to the Marina, as well as the magnificent beach at the Royal Meridian as well as easy access to the JBR walk.
My only complaint with the hotel is the attitude of the staff, they are not friendly or accommodating, and the women seating us at breakfast was aggressive, which put a damper on our breakfast. Also there was a dispute at checkout as to the amount we owed, fortunately I had all my records from check in and the matter was resolved.

2  Thank Traveler085

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Having stayed with us for the second time, we are truly delighted to hear that you had once again enjoyed your stay with us. It is also a pleasure to note that you were pleased with the little touches that came along as part of your room package. However, we are concerned to read your comments with regards to the attitude of our ambassadors and please be assured that immediate necessary action will be taken accordingly.

We look forward to be of service in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

DO NOT SAY HERE!!!
The customer service that we have received is beyond appalling. We decided to spend Christmas in Dubai and up until our checkout I wouldn't have faulted the hotel. However, upon checkout we were told that the security deposit which they had taken upon our check in was to be returned to our original account within 48hours. Checking our account 4 days later, this was still yet to appear. Calling the hotel again, we spoke to the reception and were informed that this was still yet to have been done, and the male apologised and promised to do it himself straight away. Another 4 days later, this is still yet to have happened! Getting rather annoyed at this stage, I call the hotel, only to be told by the reception that "we are too busy at the moment to handle your enquiry, could you please call back later?!" Absolutely shocked, I said no, I am calling from Singapore and this money needs to be refunded immediately. Leaving my return phone number I was told that someone from reservations would follow this up and return my call immediately. 12 hours later, no phone call. I call again, only to be confronted with what can only be described as an extremely hostile and rude front desk receptionist (who shall go unnamed at this stage). Not only did she fire up at me on the phone, but she also refused to follow this up any further stating that they had "already faxed their bank to fax our bank regarding the refund on the day that we had checked out" - the opposite of what we had previously been told. She then proceeded to go on about how no hotel refunds a security deposit any earlier than 15 business days and we should just be patient. I just cannot believe it!!! Calling back to get the name of the front desk receptionist and also the duty manager - well this was a complete nightmare in itself and the female who answered was quite adamant in providing these to us, a good 5 minute ordeal.
Such an establishment that appears to have been given rave reviews - hence our choice to stay there - and yet there is absolutely no way we will be referring the hotel nor any other hotel associated with them to anyone.
The customer service we have received is downright disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.
We checked out on the 27th December, it is now the 11th January - 15 days later we are still awaiting the return of our money; a return phone call from any of the people who promised to above.

Room Tip: Spend your money elsewhere - you may never see it again - as it certainly appears that we wont be
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank sunseeker2013
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Guest,

First & foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for having given you cause for disappointment following your recent stay at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We were truly and extremely concerned to have read your comments as this not at all reflective of the usual standards of service at the Grosvenor House at any time.

Please be assured that we have taken this matter extremely seriously and would greatly appreciate if you could contact us on Grosvenorhouse-guestservices@lrm-gh-dubai.com giving us the opportunity to speak to you directly.

Once again, our sincere apologies and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Grosvenor House Hotel over the Christmas period, and being fornuate to have stayed in other 5 star hotels around the world (for example, Sugar Beach, Mauritius and The Biltmore, Phoenix, USA), we rank this hotel as one of the best we have ever stayed in.

The quality of the room was second to none, as was the customer service. And, as ever, it is the little things that often make all the difference; the turn down service in the evening includes a gift of beauty products and a fresh rose on the bed; fresh fruit every day in the room; a coffee and tea pod machine; complimentary bottled water in the room, and we also had a Christmas gift of a fresh fruit basket, mince pies, gingerbread and a silver photo frame!

The restaurants in the hotel were excellent, and for something a little less formal, the hotel is situated right on the marina with a good choice of restaurants and bars. The shuttle service to the sister hotel, The Royal Merdian, to enjoy its swimming pools and the beach, were very frequent. At the most, we waited 10 minutes. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an Executive Room deal - you will have access to the Executive Room for a delicious buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails in the evening.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us over the festivities and that you liked your room, the choice and selection of food & beverage at level 5 and with the little surprises that were placed in your room on Christmas Eve.

We are also happy to note that our team provided the highest level of customer service and this will be shared with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.