From the moment you land at the airport, the Grosvenor House experience begins. We paid for the Premium room, and included in that rate are your airport transfers. Met at the airport, you are whisked away in a new 7 series BMW direct to the hotel.
On arriving at the hotel, no queuing at check-in, in fact, no standing at check-in......whisked straight to our room, and then the paperwork sorted in the comfort of your room. A delightful touch.
We had been upgraded to a Junior suite (I think because of SPG membership), which was a great room. However, I had requested a king-size bed in my reservation which I mentioned to the staff member on arriving at the room, more in jest as apart from that the room was literally flawless...... he could not have apologised more for the error, made a quick phone call, disappeared for a minute or two, and then returned to take us to another room with the King bed requested. However, not sure whether this was due to availability or out of goodwill for the error, but he escorted us to the next room which was an Executive Suite (the one up from the Junior Suite)......we had arrived in heaven. A beautifully crisp and clean suite, with lounge and dining area, kitchen area, large bedroom, and enormous bathroom (double sinks, large bath, large shower room with great rainfall shower, dressing table etc etc). Could not have wished for more.
TIP: Paying the extra for a Premium room is a no-brainer......not only do you get the airport transfers included, but you also get access to the Level 5 area where you get breakfast included (and a really good selection, with great service), and also get evening drinks (anything you want) & canapes included..... it more than pays for itself. If you both have a couple of drinks on the evening (given the price of alcohol in Dubai), it pays for itself multiple times. Really professional and friendly team service Level 5, also providing concierge services, and cannot do enough to help you with whatever you need....brilliant team. Also a good place to sip a glass of wine and watch the variety of supercars pass through the hotel.
The GHH has a great selection of restaurants and bars - we stumbled across one of the bars in Tower 2, on the first floor, which has a great quality pool table, and makes great cocktails - after enjoying Level 5 for a bit, no better next stage than a couple of frames of pool and a cocktail or two before dinner. Even convinced the barman to a game - i'm sure it was only out of courtesy that he let me win! ; ) The food was great - pricey, but worth it. We ate in Ottomans, sitting outside overlooking the Marina - very enjoyable.
GHH overlooks the Marina, but if it's the beach that you are after then it has Le Meridien as sister hotel - a couple of minutes on the courtesy bus and you are there. Have full access to these facilities, bars and restaurants too. Lovely pool area, which then leads down to the immaculate beach.
Everywhere you turn you can guarantee there will be a member of the team on hand - they aren't always on your shoulder, but have a knack of being where you need them to be. Always courteous, always willing to go that extra mile - brilliant.
GHH also has the Buddha Bar onsite - great atmosphere in this bar, and serves a mean cocktail. There was a queue of people to enter, but it seemed to be that by showing your hotel key you were able to go straight in....always pleasing.
There was literally nothing that I could fault about this hotel, it could very easily have been too starchy but it wasn't - it was "professionally relaxed"
Everyone involved in that hotel should be very proud to be part of the team - i struggle to see how any other establishment could better this. Will definitely be suggesting this place to others, and will definitely be returning back ourselves....... I just need to have a kind word to see if they would honour a similar upgrade when we arrive the next time! : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grosvenor House and its two iconic 45 storey towers, Tower One and Tower Two, redefine the world of luxury. The hotel's glittering twin towers are an instantly recognizable landmark in the Dubai Marina. The hotel features 749 spacious, contemporary guest rooms, suites, and apartments with signature Luxury Collection beds, large windows with spectacular views of the Marina, complimentary Wi-Fi and attentive on-call butler service. The area's first true social destination, the hotel is located just minutes from the beach, golf clubs, malls, Dubai Internet City, Media City and more, offering an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication. Step into a world of refined heritage, suave elegance and effortless chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grosvenor House Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor House Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- Grosvenor Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Grosvenor Dubai