“ROOM HAS DAMP AND SMELT!”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #6 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“ROOM HAS DAMP AND SMELT!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I complained several times that the room smelt of damp - evidenced by the damp patch in the bathroom - I asked to move room as the stench was uncomfortable, however, I was only offered air fresher - A disgrace!

The staff do not seem to have the responsibility to deal with problem situations and although they are generally very polite - they are ineffective. Your told someone (in charge) will call you back - still waiting!

Due to working patterns I ate at the hotel for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - out of 9 or so meals - 4 were late, 3 were cold and 3 had the wrong dishes.

I even asked that Pam Wilby (GM) call me - still waiting!

On check out the bill was incorrect and when flagged to the front desk - this seemed to cause mild panic as no one could manage the system to deliver the bill in the format I needed (accommodation on one bill and sundries on another - this was promised when I checked in - would be in place and I would not have thought too difficult to achieve.

This hotel is smoke and mirrors and suggest avoiding if you expect a 5 Star hotel experience and services!

THIS HOTEL IS SMOKE AND MIRRORS AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED UNTIL THEY GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

Room Tip: Choose a 'proper' 5 Star Hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JONATHON M
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

First and foremost, please do accept our sincere apologies for giving you cause to express your disappointment following your recent stay at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

I am extremely concerned to read your comments with regard to your overall experience at the hotel and also very sorry to hear that these shortfalls which you have mentioned was not resolved whilst you were still in-house with us.

Please may I assure you that this is not at all reflective of our usual service standards and the experience of a guest staying at the Grosvenor House, as it is always of utmost important to us to ensure that our guests and customers leave the hotel satisfied at all times.

I would like to reassure you that we take such matters extremely seriously and would greatly appreciate it if you could contact us directly on Guestservices.Grosvenorhouse@starwoodhotels.com, allowing us the opportunity to speak to you personally.

Once again, I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused and look forward to hearing from you.

Pam Wilby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Grosvenor House in Dubai is definitely an excellent experience. Customer service is outstanding. Rooms and amenities are exceptional. If you have the opportunity and the budget to stay here, don't even think about it and go for it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 15 August 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and well pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I think I'm at 13 stays so far since tower 2 opened, and after a negative experience a few months ago I think the GH is back on top where it belongs, we just completed a stay here with 2 rooms and I cannot fault it, the rooms are absolutely beautiful and modern without being to over the top. The staff is just amazing, always making sure to take care of us and I have to say that Asumpta in tower 2 is an absolute star at this hotel, one of the friendliest and caring staff members I have ever seen, she strives to make everything about your stay perfect. Level 5 is also great with one of the nicest buffets i've seen in any hotel! All of that being said, there are some things that I think could be improved, the biggest for me personally is the lack of a sound system in a room, I might be nitpicking but in this caliber of hotel I would expect a little BOSE sound-dock or something similar, they do have an ipod dock in the room, but this plays through the tv at a pretty low volume, and the speaker in the bathroom rarely works. The other thing that was a bit of a turn-off for me was one afternoon sitting in Level 5 I noticed the GM sitting for tea and wanted to pop by and give my compliments after so many stays, the staff saw me heading in that direction and stopped me and told me that the GM should not be spoken to, It was a bit of a shock to me, but I glanced in that general direction and left at that point. All of that being said however, it is still my go-to hotel for Dubai and will continue to be for a long time!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tninos
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following you recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your experience on this occasion and were also pleased with the overall service and facilities at the hotel.

I am however extremely sorry that you were not able to speak to me personally whilst at the Level Five Lounge and do hope to meet you during your next visit.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Beautiful rooms, can't complement enough! The staff were lovely, always helping you out- but I guess that's what you pay for. Don't judge by the website, intact it's Tripadvisor that made me stay here, the website was quite off putting. If staying during Ramadan, it's wise to get club access with complementary food, in a private area. This is because its disrespectful to eat when others are fasting- it is also hard to find food before Iftar! Enjoyable stay, thank you. And to those celebrating, Ramadan Karrem.

Room Tip: 2nd tower is better i think
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HELIBREW
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 11 August 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the helpful service provided by our ambassadors and the club lounge facilities.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the hotel.

Chester, uk
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What more can I say apart from what an unbelievable stay, from start to finish we were blown away. This place really has the wow factor and our room over looked the 'palm'. This was a great base for our Dubai trip :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Grosvenor House and that our team really looked after you throughout the entire stay.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at the Grosvenor House Hotel in November/December 2012 - one of the best places I have ever stayed. The room was perfect, incredibly clean and the staff were extremely friendly and polite - nothing was too much trouble. I had an amazing time in Dubai as a whole - the hotel only added to this and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Breakfasts were incredible, loads of choice and the friendly chefs added to the overall experience. The Sidarta Lounge was the perfect setting to have a few drinks before heading to dinner - all in all a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MAJ27

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the facilities available at the hotel as well as the service provided by our ambassadors.

All your kind comments are truly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grosvenor House.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have been staying at Grosvenor House since February, in one of their serviced apts. it is a beautiful hotel, all staff are incredibly friendly and polite and very well trained in their roles. It is a true 5star experience, even for someone who has been there a while! The choice of restaurants, gyms, spas, bars, pools are amazing. It's location is great, close to Le Meridian, where youhave the use of beach & it's facilities and is right beside JBR and the Marina. Would definitely recommend GH to anyone for long or short stays. It caters for business, couples, families, groups of friends etc.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pinkwedding
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, 4 August 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the high level of service provided by our ambassadors and the facilities we have on offer at the hotel as well as at our sister property, Le Royal Meridien.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we hope that we will have the opportunity once again to welcome you back at the hotel.