“Wonderful place”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #5 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Three nights here on business. A superb hotel, especially the food and service, which is astonishing and just on the right side of obsequious. Located right by the marina and a fine array of bars and restaurants. Toro Toro serves first-rate meat. Highly recommended. Only the noise of 24/7 construction in Dubai disturbed my sleep a little.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Morts67
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service as well as the food we have on offer, particularly at Toro Toro restaurant.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we would like to thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Grosvenor House Dubai

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel practically cuddle you from the time your car parks near the door. The staff is soooooo welcoming and friendly yet proffesionaly trained to pamper thier guests and make them taste the true luxury. The check in process was fast and great. They seat you on the lobby lounge and greet you with a twoel and refreshing drink while the receptionist and get all the papers for you to sign while you relax and enjoy your drink. The room was nice and comfy, the beds were extra comfy the only down side was that they did not have any electrical outlets near the bed to be able to charge your phone. The outlets was just by the working desk. The bathroom was great. I loved thier attention to fine details such as the scented cupboards and the scented papers lining the drawers, the lovely selection of fruits put in the room fresh every day with a card explaining the benifits of the fruits selected for you today. After a long day it is wonderful to come back to your room to find that they have prepared the bathroom and lit a candle near the bathtub. The Bulgari bathroom amenities were greatly refreshing. And the patchi chocolates made me feel in heaven every night. The hotel is green and its nice that they kept a separate baskets for papers and plastics. They also provide a complimentary tasty biscuits with the tea selections in the room. I loved every bit of my stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Dr_Muneera
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to read from your review that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service and facilities we have on offer.

Your feedback, both positive and constructive is greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Thank you once again new look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was a very luxurious hotel. The service was truly impeccable: I can't fault it at all.

I checked in quite early in the day (about 9 am) and they didn't have a room ready for me. I have no problem with that: it's far earlier with most hotels' check-in times, and I didn't expect my room to be ready. Nonetheless, during my stay, the duty manager made a specific point of contacting me to apologise personally for not having my room ready. That shows impressive attention to customer service.

My room was lovely and very comfortable, but one flaw was that it was rather short on electric sockets. I had to unplug one of their appliances to be able to plug in my phone charger.

There was free wifi, which was mostly reliable, though it did log me out at one point and need me to log in again, and it also didn't work in the meeting rooms.

Breakfast and lunch buffets were of very high quality indeed. Great selection of lovely food. The only downside of breakfast for those of us who don't follow local religions was the lack of bacon.

One oddity about this hotel is that the guest floors are split into non-interconnecting halves. You need to get in the right lift, otherwise you end up on the correct floor but with no possibility of getting to your bedroom. I am rather surprised no-one pointed this out to me given the otherwise flawless levels of service and that I had to find out the hard way.

But overall, this was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NautiusMaximus
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House.

We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us, albeit not having you accommodated immediately on arrival. It is nice to note that you liked the room you had stayed in and found it to be lovely and very comfortable.

We greatly appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive and please be assured that your comments with regards to the electric sockets in the room, WIFI connection as well as the breakfast have been taken on board and shared with the concerned managers accordingly for review and any necessary and corrective action to be taken.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here towards the end of January and was really impressed by this hotel. It has two beautiful buildings with an entrance to them that is just shouting for attention.

I asked for an upgrade to a more spacious room on a higher floor and was granted it. The bell boy Fady went out of his way in taking my luggage, showing me around, and even asking if I needed help unpacking.

What I really liked about this hotel was that all rooms have a balcony. Mine looked over the marina which was a big plus.

The restaurants in this hotel are absolutely splendid. I made reservations at Sloan's and was not disappointed in the slightest. In my opinion the best international buffet in Dubai.

While it known to be a party hotel my stay was very pleasant and quiet. Would definitely come back here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Navaid_Aziz

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service rendered by our ambassadors as well as the facilities we have on offer.

It is nice to note that you liked the room allocated for you and found it to be perfectly appointed. We are also glad that you were able to experience some of our F&B outlets, particularly Sloanes which you consider to be the best buffet restaurant in Dubai.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

went for a few nights as a friend already had a room here

breakfast buffet is amazing and the quality of the rooms is mmagnificent. built to the highest standard of apartments, large balcony very cool!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joel C

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the facilities available at the hotel.

It is nice to note that you liked the apartment allocated for you and found it to be spacious and of highest standard. We are also glad that you liked your breakfast experience.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Grosvernor House Dubai is a very nice hotel, everything is fine. We already stayed twice in the tower with the appartments for families.
Unfortunately there is a quiet dangerous road between the Hotel and the Marina, if you want to walk to the beach. Otherwise you just have to take the very confortable shuttle bus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tulipe C

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Having stayed with us before, we are delighted to know that you and your family had once again enjoyed your overall stay with us.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and it is indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a company event in Dubai on Friday, and as I live in Abu Dhabi, I decided to stay in Dubai and booked on this hotel. When I arrived to the parking they told it is full and I have to go to the valet, the valet area was a nightmare and I had to wait at least 20 minutes, which might be good for the hotel as it was busy.

The room was ok, and everything was good except that I got a call at 8 in the morning from the reception where a lady asked me to come down to give them my credit card for pre-authorization or something; I told the lady that it was not appropriate to wake me and that I'm going to check out in two hours to go for a meeting anyways; they just ruined my sleep.

Other than that, a nice place to stay in

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us, we are sorry to note your comments with regards to the valet parking area and the service of our Front desk team. As we take all our guest comments and feedback to be of utmost importance to us, it would be very much appreciated if we can have the opportunity to speak to you personally and therefore kindly request you to contact us directly on Guestservices.Grosvenorhouse@starwoodhotels.com.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hearing from you.