“Fantastic”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #5 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 18 February 2014

In our view, it's expensive. But.... you get what you pay for and for a very special occasion this was worth EVERY penny. The room, overlooking the marina, was amazing and the staff - ALL of them - were so kind and helpful. We booked a premier room, were given Tower 2 / level 9, so had airport transfers included and use of level 5. Level 5 is a great 'club' area including business facilities, a quiet lounge and an alternative location for breakfast - not to mention the pre-dinner nibbles (actually much more than nibbles) and drinks Happy Hour. Happy Hour! Two hours and included all drinks at zero cost. The metro was a handy short walk away and the sister hotel, free shuttle, had all that we wanted from a beach location. We are a mature couple and stayed for three nights in January 2014.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidB027
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for posting your review.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the hotel to be good value for money.

It is nice to note that you had chosen us to celebrate a special occasion and that you liked the room allocated for you. We are also glad to hear that you were pleased with the Level 5 Club Lounge benefit.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Grosvenor House Dubai

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nice hotel located in Dubai Marina. The location is a bit far from the "main strip" in Dubai, but has lots of restaurants around marina withing walking distance.

Rooms are clean and service was excellent. We booked our tours thru the concierge and had not issues or trouble in getting to see what we wanted. Do make sure to book Burj Khalifa early as the best slots fill up quick.

Only knock on this place was the price of the restaurants inside. The breakfast was nearly $40 USD and the indian restaurant inside (Indeca?) was most expensive Indian place I've ever eaten at in my life: $35 for one subzee? On the plus side there is a small market right across the street and you can get basic staples to cook in your kitchen - if you stay in the the "apartment" side of the hotel which I do recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your review.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the room allocated for you as well as the service available at the hotel.

With regards to the restaurants pricing, we would like to assure you that we continually review all of our restaurants pricing to ensure that we are in line with other similar rated establishments.

Your feedback, both positive and constructive is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I always stay in Dubai for a business trip and I have tried most of the hotels in Dubai, however Grosvenor house Hotel is one of the best hotels that i have stayed in. The level of service is great and the staff are very friendly. I am really looking forward to staying again in that Hotel.

Room Tip: I will recommend the the rooms with the higher floors, they have a very nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service of our ambassadors.

It is indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for considering us to be one of the best hotels you have stayed in.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

After visiting the GH well over 35 times for holidays since the opening of Tower 1 in 2005 we love every aspect of this hotel except for one thing....we are rarely given any recognition for our loyalty. On check in and whilst being escorted to our room we are always asked 'have you stayed here before?'.......most annoying !! To go anywhere else would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces as the service throughout the hotel is first class especially in the club lounge and we love the fact we can use the facilities at Le Royal Meridien where our favourite restaurant Rhodes 2010 is situated. On our last visit it was most disappointing to be told by another guest that as she was a regular (she'd been four times) she always received upgrades and welcome gifts !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gellroland
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Whilst it was a pleasure to have you back as our guest and we appreciate your kind feedback, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us on this occasion. Please be assured that we take all our guest comments and feedback to be of extreme importance to us, hence, it would be very much appreciated if we can have the opportunity to speak to you personally. Therefore, may I kindly request you to contact us directly on Guestservices.Grosvenorhouse@starwoodhotels.com

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights recently on a combination of redemptions using Starpoints for the first 3 nights and paying for the final one. I made use of my Suite Night Award upgrades and they all cleared prior to my arrival. This, I thought, was going to be the start of an amazing experience. Grosvenor House lived up to its expectations for the most part, but it was not without flaws.

Airport Transfer:

Since I was staying at a Deluxe Suite, I was offered complimentary airport transfer. This is offered even if you utilize a Suite Night Award. Getting to GH was not an issue. Everything was handled well and the ride was comfortable. However, trying to confirm the airport transfer from GH back to the airport on my departure was a bit more difficult.

When I approached concierge/guest services the night before my departure to confirm the time for my pick-up, I was assisted by a Chinese lady. She realized that I was ethnically Chinese and decided to speak Mandarin/Putonghua with me. A nice touch for a Chinese guest, but the problem is I don't speak Mandarin very well. I switched back to English multiple times but she insisted on speaking Mandarin. That actually wasn't the problem. The issue was that they claimed that I was not entitled to the airport transfer and when she checked with someone else on the phone, she said, "If he is not entitled to the airport transfer we can ask him to pay for it."

I could certainly afford an airport transfer, but hearing those words left a bitter taste in my mouth especially when I'm actually entitled to a complimentary transfer. After that, I showed the person in charge an email I received from concierge prior to my arrival and the fact that I'm entitled to a complimentary transfer. It even shows the same info on my SPG app!

At the end, they honoured the request but not without saying, "Transfers are not normally offered for suite upgrades, but we can give it to you this time." It made me wonder if it's because a huge chunk of my stay was paid by redemption of points; therefore, the system wasn't showing the correct info. Unfortunately, that doesn't explain what I received in my email and what was shown on my SPG app.

Check-in:

The check-in was smooth service was excellent. The cold towels and welcome drink are a nice touch. I was initially offered a 3 bedroom apartment which is a very kind and generous offer, but after seeing the place, I decided to stick with the Deluxe Suite. As I was only travelling with one other person, the space just seemed too big. It was a really nice suite though and I can see how a big family or a group of friends would really enjoy that apartment.

Room:

The suite was immaculate and tastefully appointed. Everything was as you would expect from GH. The bed is extremely comfortable which makes it hard to go out to enjoy the city when all you want to do is stay in bed.

There was a bit of inconsistency when it came to turn down service. For example, a white linen mat was placed on the floor next to the bed only 1 out of the 4 nights.

All in all though, housekeeping does do a very good job of keeping the rooms in tip top condition. If anything is left out, they will promptly bring it over to you.

Facilities:

The gym is great with a good mix of machines for both cardio and weights.

The facilities at Le Royal Meridien are also quite nice and the shuttle operates every 15 mins making it very convenient.

As an SPG Plat, I had access to the lounge in Tower 2. It is by far one of the best executive lounges I've been to. The food at the lounge is some of the best and it is manned by an extremely friendly and efficient team who are always willing to help you out.

F&B:

Breakfast at Sloane's and at the lounge were both great. The spreads are amazing. There is a wide choice of hot and cold options and the quality is top notch. Room service was also really good. Had a salad and stead sandwich on the first night and both were utterly fantastic.

Service:

Aside from the snafu with the airport transfer, service at GH was phenomenal.

There were some inconsistencies here and there with housekeeping and some of the wait staff at the restaurant, but nothing that really stood out. In some reviews, it seems that the butler or the person taking you to the room will normally explain the features of the room and other amenities of the hotel once you're there, but in my case, that didn't happen. No harm done since it's not difficult to figure things out and everyone is always ready to help when you ask, but that's just another minor example of some of the inconsistencies that I came across.

Overall:

A great hotel with great facilities. Sure there were some problems here and there, but throughout my 5 days, I really had a great time. The hardware is hard to fault and the service for the most part is awesome. Most of the reviews here are largely positive so I just wanted to highlight a few minor incidents that I encountered. At the end of the day, I would still return to this property and am already looking forward to my next stay at Grosvenor House.

Room Tip: High level in Tower 2
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CPA902
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us, albeit of some inconvenience you had encountered during your stay particularly with regards to your departure transfer to the airport as well as the housekeeping service for which we sincerely apologize.
Please be assured that this is not reflective of the usual service standards at the hotel and your feedback has been shared with the concerned managers to review and ensure immediate action and corrective measures are taken to avoid any such re-occurrences in the future.

Nevertheless, we would greatly appreciate it if we can have the opportunity to speak to you personally to further discuss your feedback and would therefore kindly ask you to contact us directly on Guestservices.Grosvenorhouse@starwoodhotels.com

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I'm writing this review half way through our second week in the hotel (Feb-14) and we would like to thank all the staff and management for looking after us.

Before we arrived we requested a high room in Tower-2, but unfortunately were allocated a room in Tower-1, low elevation. Checkin was quick and professional. We were however allocated a two bed when a one bed apartment was booked. Room was of high quality for furniture and fittings. the down side the apartment was on the cold side of the tower and with some chilly February nights the rooms were cold (AC off).

We had partial views of the palm and marina. Gym is small but well equipped, pool area and staff are nice and you receive the sun until 2:00pm. However the Le Royal Meridian is a must if you want a full day of sunshine around one of their many pools, gardens and beach. Staff here are also great. Plenty of restaurants to choose from through the day and night. A shuttle is provided from GH but to be honest its just a quick to walk if you don't mind the busy road to cross.

As a past resident of Dubai we have tried all the restaurants in GH and would recommend them all, our favourite is Indigo the Indian restaurant with a Michelin star chef on board. Bar 44 is good for a few drinks.

If I was coming back I would insist on Tower-2, the residential tower as Tower-1 is for business. When on holiday I like to put on my tee-shirt, shorts and flip flops, but you feel out of place when walking through the lobby area, which is all suites and all eyes seem to be on you. My only fault.

Room Tip: Tower-1 for business, tower-2 for holidays. Ask for a sunny balcony in winter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Broonie-1

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to know that you are enjoying your stay with us and are pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel albeit of not been able to accommodate your room preferences on this occasion for which we sincerely apologize.

We would however like to thank you for your constructive comment with regards to the air conditioning at the apartment side and please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the concerned manager to ensure necessary corrective action is taken.

Your feedback, both positive and constructive is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Three nights here on business. A superb hotel, especially the food and service, which is astonishing and just on the right side of obsequious. Located right by the marina and a fine array of bars and restaurants. Toro Toro serves first-rate meat. Highly recommended. Only the noise of 24/7 construction in Dubai disturbed my sleep a little.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Morts67
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service as well as the food we have on offer, particularly at Toro Toro restaurant.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we would like to thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.