“Update - Satisfactory outcome from complaint”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #6 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I reviewed this hotel in November 2013 following less than satisfactory stay with regard to certain aspects in June 2013. I had waited four months in the hope that Guest Services would contact me following my disappointment & complaint. They did not even though I had been assured that they would do so, hence my report.

Within twenty four hours of my report being published, Mr Khaled Ghaleb, the hotel manager contacted me by email to request that he contact me at my convenience. He did so & we discussed the matters in detail, & he apologised that my colleagues & I had been disappointed with certain aspects of our stay.

Compensation was agreed & my colleagues & I returned at the end of June.

Our stay was outstanding from the moment one of the hotel vehicles collected us from the airport with bottles of cold water & cold face towels as we seated ourselves inside, to the assistance given to us when the driver helped us by removing our cases from the vehicle at the airport kerbside, to fly out at the end of our stay.

Upon our arrival after flying in overnight from Europe, we were pleased that we were able to complete the paperwork in our two bedroomed, two & a half bathroom suite.

The corner suite was excellent with full kitchen, sitting room with beautiful views over the marina & enormous wrap around balcony with table & chairs & loungers. The personal note of welcome, complimentary wine, fruit & delicacies were appreciated by all of us. We were relieved that our suite was quiet be it daytime or at night. We appreciated being able to drink in the atmosphere on the balcony at any time.

I was welcomed by name many times upon arriving back at the hotel after being away for the day, at reception whenever I had a query & at Sloane's.

I once again enjoyed excellent treatments at the spa by professional & personable therapists.

We dined at Sloane's as the excellent variety, professionalism & welcome by staff & ambience kept us returning. The outstanding breakfast choice each morning suited us perfectly.

The Bvlgari toiletries were disappointingly absent in our bathrooms, Gilchrist & Soames were in place instead.

It was with regret that I had complained but, when ones does so, what one is really doing is giving a second chance. My colleagues & I were pleased that we did give this hotel a second chance, thanks to the personal intervention of Mr Ghaleb.

Room Tip: Request a room that suits your requirements be it near a lift, away from lifts, lower floor, higher...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Roxy-Popsy
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor following your visit to Grosvenor House.

We are delighted that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and were particularly pleased with the service delivery. Customer Care is indeed amongst one of our highest priorities and it is always rewarding to receive such commends and appreciation, which will be shared with the rest of the team.

I am also happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel facilities and very much enjoyed your breakfast experience at Sloane’s. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Thank you for your positive and encouraging review and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Grosvenor House as our guests again hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Rooms are very big. every detail is amazing. very clean.
restaurants are very good. Indian restaurant is one of the best in Dubai and the middle east.
room service is good too.
Buddha Bar is less than 30 seconds walk from the hotel main gate.
very near to JBR walk , lots of restaurants and cafes there

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to have you as one of our guests at the Grosvenor House and glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is nice to read from your comments that you are delighted with the hotel facilities and very much enjoyed your dining experience in our various restaurants particularly at Indego. Your thoughtful feedback is very much appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After spending two consecutive Christmas in GH there were most unfortunate hotel policy for upcoming Christmas. There were no possibility for check-out between 27th of December and 1st of January and no exceptions made even after request. We had to shorten our stay and made special arrangements for our flights as direct flights back were not availabe on the 26th of January.

Otherwise, we love the hotel!

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us at the Grosvenor House, having also noted your constructive comments and as we value all our guest feedback to be of utmost importance, it would be very much appreciated if we can have the opportunity to speak to you personally. Please may I therefore kindly request you to contact us directly on guestservices.grosvenorhouse@luxurycollection.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

It might be a little difficult to get to the entrance of Grosvenor if you are not very familiar with the roads, but once you are in there it is a totally different place. I fortunately got accommodated in here as Le Royal Meridien where my booking initially was had been fully booked. And I was glad I got into Grosvenor. A great place to be in Dubai right at the Marina, huge rooms ( I got a 3 bedroom apartment all to myself) so I don't need to tell much. It was excellent.
The breakfast buffet was one of a kind I must admit, it was one of the best I have seen and definitely a place to staying in Dubai.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FoodiePhili
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are really pleased to have you as our guests at the Grosvenor House and glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

It is a pleasure to hear that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as your breakfast experience and do thank you for your kind feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went to visit this newly built hotel and it was really nice and quiet! Had drinks at a table in the lobby then took loads of photos! I would like to stay in this hotel as other families recommend it! I've heard their are t.v's in bathrooms to entertain kids!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa2765
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and glad that you had enjoyed your visit to the Grosvenor House.

We look forward to welcoming you as our guests in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

At my clients direction I enjoyed an opportunity to stay at this property and what a treat! From the moment I checked in the service was exceptional.

Tea was great, with an excellent assortment of treats and this place really starts to cone alive about 11:30pm (I felt like I was in Vegas!!!).

Highly recommended if you are in the area (although I was a little more found of it as an SPG property).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelbum2005
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us at the Grosvenor House and glad that you were extremely delighted with the service of our associates. Your kind feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again as our guest on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've been staying at the GH Dubai for a few years, and I'm always impressed by the hotel.

The facility is very well maintained, very professional staff, rooms nicely appointed, and the facility has a nice sense of understated luxury.

Very good value for money, and probably the best club lounge in the Middle East bar none.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeyR

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Having stayed with us before, we are glad that you had once again enjoyed your visit to the Grosvenor House.

We are happy to hear that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the service of our team members. It is also nice to read that you were extremely pleased with your experience in our Club Lounge and do appreciate your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.