We recently visited Bab al shams for lunch with friends. If you live i Dubai or the UAE, you definately feel like you are in paradise in the middle of the dessert.The drive is not too long either so just perfect for a lunch break.I have heard that Jumeirah does not manage the resort anymore, not sure how the resort is with new management, but we stayed here for 2 nights back in 2007, and service was excellent as usual. We had dinner in the outdoor al hadeera restaurant, and for me its still one of the best outdoor restaurants i ever been. food is superb, the entertainment spetacular and you are seating in your arabic cushion in the middle of the dessert! id go back if only for this experience!. If you live in UAE and drive a 4x4, you can just go for an afternoon drive in the dessert just by yourself too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia and Travelbag so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai