My husband and I stayed 1 night at the beautiful Bab al Shams resort before heading into Dubai. I am sooo glad we did it! We had a true desert experience from start to finish!
In the middle of the dessert!
We took a cab and it very well priced. In fact, all cabs in Dubai are very resonable.
Unbelievable! They are extremely accommodating, friendly and spoke perfect English.
Beautiful and typical Arabian style.
Huge! So many different parts, levels.
Around the pool, a one piece bathing suit or bikini is completely acceptable. Prior to our arrival, I did tons of research to find out about the dress code. I found many sites that said, you must cover you knees and shoulders, and you can't wear anything tight or revealing. However, upon my arrival into Dubai, I determined that anything goes. We saw all walks of life. In fact, we say many women that I believed to be really pushing the envelope. Rule of thumb for me for next time would be, wear anything you like...as long as you're looking classy.
I got a 50 minute massage and hands down it was the best massage of my life! Prior to my massage, I spent a few minutes relaxing in their calming room which overlooked the desert. Such a great way to start unwinding. I wish I could bottle that massage and have one every day!
Pool food was fine. We didn't have too many meals there. But, we did partake in the Arabian dinner buffet which I highly recommend! Every bit of Arabian culture you could imagine from foods, belly dancers, henna tattoo, falconry and music!
Camel back riding
This is a must! But, one word of advice, do not book a camel ride because if you do, the hotel will charge you to take you off site on a private ride. The best bet, it take advantage of the free daily rides that are right outside the hotel.
Definitely a must if you are planning a visit to Dubai!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Prestigia, Hotelopia, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Destinology and Hotels.com so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai