We were lucky to spend 5 glorious days and nights at the resort in the 1st week of March 2012. The resort is beautiful and so different from the touristy resorts in Jumeirah. Authentic arabian architecture, beautiful outdoor areas, lovely pool area and amazing decor. We were supplied with a fruit basket on arrival, fresh dates and chocolates every day in our room, and fresh fruit while lazing around the pool, and a bag with several gifts on departure, all complimentary!! The restaurants were all very good and the service fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and from everyone working at the resort the service was efficient, friendly and probably the best service we have ever experienced having travelled extensively throughout Europe and Asia. The resort is peaceful and very relaxing, even though it was busy on the Friday (which we believe is the busiest day), it never felt crowded. We would like to thank all the staff at the resort for making our time at the resort special and an experience we will never forget. We recommend the Bab Al Shams to anyone who is looking for an unforgettable, relaxing holiday away from the hustle & bustle of Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Destinology, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Travelbag, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai