DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dubai - Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #91 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Karachi, Pakistan
“Not top-notch”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

When I arrived, the suite I had booked wasn't available nor any other room. Even though I had booked some six weeks previously. I had booked a room with a kitchen because daughter and grandaughter were coming (little one only two) but was told they were overbooked by three. It wasn't apologetic, more like I should somehow be understanding of The Hotel's problems...? It really felt like a Faceless Corporation Moment. The female staff were awful. The male staff were better, more trained and skilled. I didn't get the kitchen because it was so unsure that we couldn't take the pressure (should we unpack or not?) so called it off. I really feel that they should have made it up to us somehow...they gave me and my group a 'free' dinner which was somehow grudging as we were told the milk for baby wouldn't be free, neither would the beer my daughter ordered. It felt reluctant, niggardly. And the soup I had was horrible, inedible. IF they had made some kind of Grand Gesture, i would have forgiven the early unfriendly welcome. But they didn't. I had to argue my case to get the financial difference between kitchen and no kitchen back. Maybe in time, their teething problems will be over. But I expect the Hilton chain not to be quite so mercenary; surely they can afford to be generous. If they had even sincerely apologized and offered something, I might have felt mollified. The room was large but the decor is drab and doesn't feel/look warm or cosy. Some of the individual reception staff were very pleasant and sent cookies upto the room when I asked for some. But overall, no heart and that will always make the difference for me. I spent a lot of money on this stay to treat my family, all from my savings, thinking that Hilton would be worth it but it wasn't worth it. I won't go again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Roxane A
Gajendra S, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dubai - Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Ms Roxane

Thank you for staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach with your family and taking the time to share beneficial feedback about our products and services.

We are indeed pleased to note that you were happy with some of our reception team members and you liked that they sent Cookies upto your room whenever requested.

I would like to apologize for not allocating your booked room type on arrival as well as offering you compensation that did not satisfy your expectation for all your inconveniences. As a newly opened hotel, we went through few challenges and I assure you that we have rectified all of them. I hope that this will not deter you of choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach for your next visit. I will personally ensure that we do not just recover for the previous unpleasant stay you had but also create a lifetime experience for you and become your favorite hotel in the U.A.E.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gajendra Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is my fourth visit to Dubai and I was not impressed with the level of service we received from this hotel. There was one particular receptionist who was ALWAYS miserable and rude and whenever I had to deal with her she made me feel like I was an inconvenience to her. The hotels website includes details of the spa/treatment room, there is NO mention of the fact this is still being constructed and so for the whole of our stay (7nights) we could not use this facility. A bit misleading. I booked a two bedroomed suite with a kitchen however when we went to our room, there was no kitchen. Both my husband and myself bought this to the attention of the staff on 3 or 4 occasions but no one seemed to listen. Eventually, on one of our last days there, the manager spoke to us about this and told us that kitchens were only available with the 3 bedroomed suites. The interesting thing is I have just read a review from Malcolm C who stayed in a 2 bedroomed suite WITH a kitchen??
There was a problem with the fire alarms and on our first 2 nights the alarm went off continuously during the night. I understand these things happen but when we mentioned this to the staff, they seemed to dismiss this as if it was no big deal. There was no compassion and we should have been offered some sort of compensation for the inconvenience this disturbance caused.
On the plus side, the staff in the dining room were always polite and helpful and if it wasn't for them, my overall rating level would have been much lower.

1 Thank Monazzah
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us with your husband and taking the time to share beneficial feedback to reflect your recent stay at our hotel.

We are indeed happy to note that you experienced polite and helpful team members in our dining room. They are our brand ambassadors and reflect true culture of DoubleTree by Hilton brand.

We always ensure our valued guests are treated with consistent DoubleTree by Hilton services which in your case did not happen. I can imagine your disappointment due to an inappropriate behavior of one of our team member and unavailability of booked room type. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. I would like to assure you that we have taken appropriate measures and these issues have been resolved. Life safety of guests is our top priority and our continuous efforts to improve fire alarm system has been completed.

Thank you again for providing us with such detailed feedback which allowed us to improve our services.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is a nice place to stay in for a change, yet be aware of terrible traffic in your way in / out (you can wait idle for an hour). - Breakfast not included - Internet is not free (Both overpriced) - Difficult to find hotel even with a GPS - if you consider enjoying the beach with construction works in front of you! ------- +Friendly staff + Location is great (JBR WALK)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Ahmed A
Dear Mr Ahmed

Thank you for taking time to share valuable feedback about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach.

I am very pleased to know that you were happy with our friendly team members and the location. Our team members are ambassadors of DoubleTree brand and they consistently strive to contribute towards creating a rewarding experience to every guest. Ideally located at the end of the bustling JBR Walk, hotel offers one of the best and quietest beaches and walking access to restaurants and newly opened mix beach development.

I have noted your feedback on current traffic situation in JBR Walk. In efforts to further improve public transport in the city, Dubai Government has nearly completed tram track in and around Dubai Marina. I agree that this has created temporary traffic congestion that effects all the hotels in this area however this will soon be over.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback in regards to breakfast and internet. I value your feedback and we have taken this under consideration for our guests satisfaction. In the mean time, I recommend our guests to book rooms inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner that offers discounted price.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is got to be the best and most spacious hotel I have stayed in Dubai. We stayed 5 nights and as a gold member I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite with balcony with stunning views of the pool and beach. As my family walked into the room we literally got lost. It was HUGE! It had 3 toilets 2 showers and 1 bathtub! The living room was massive and had dining table and 47 inch TV. Both bedroom had en-suite bathroom and TVs. It really felt like home. The balcony was spacious and had comfortable chairs and table. It has caring and helpful staff and room service was excellent. The breakfast was vast and delicious. The pools were great and temperature just perfect. The beach had fine sand and was very soft. I believe the poor reviews are a bit exaggerated as it is not that noisy at all. We had comfortable night sleep in the fresh clean beds. The hotel very conveniently located on the JBR with many restaurants and shops and few minutes walk to zoom supermarket where you can find almost everything. All in all this has got to be my best hotel in Dubai so far (and I have stayed in Le Meridian and Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumerai) and will highly recommend it for families.

4 Thank SaikhulAli
Dear Mr Ali

Thank you very much for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach with your family and for taking the time to share positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I also like to thank you for your continuous loyalty as HHonors Gold member.

I am pleased to hear that our spacious 2 bedroom suite, hotel facilities and the services provided by the team created a rewarding experience throughout your stay and made you feel at home. It is great to see you have uploaded such beautiful photos which reflects our commitment to provide consistent high quality products, facilities and services to our valued guests.

We have shared your comments with the entire team and they are very happy with your recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The apartment was very large & Clean and comfortable ( One master bed room with dressing room and bath & living room with toilet for gusts ).
In the room was complimentary coffee( espresso Machin). which was very nice.
We feel the amenities and atmosphere at the swimming pool area .
Walking distance to
The location was perfect – in JBR close to Sheraton Jumeirah Beach. Its surrounding many restaurants & neighborhood made the stay very convenient
staff was also very polite and helpful.
The location was spot on JBR the architecture, the room decor was of good design as were the beddings and bathroom. The views from the 10th floor was superb.
Some initial problem with arriving to the hotel (whatever/ with won car or Taxi) you have to cross the JBR road from inside the walk, which is all the time with busy traffic in specially evening
Overall, clean and comfortable.
Definitely recommended

Room Tip: Difficult to reach there in the evening with busy traffic of the JBR area
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ghassan-12
Aret B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dubai - Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Ghassan-12

Many thanks for your review and I’m really pleased to hear you liked our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience and highlighting that you definitely recommend our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to DoubleTree By Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach!

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We came here with an open mind. A new Hotel, accepting to experience teething problems but going to enjoy it anyway. Overall, not disappointed.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We opted for a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen. It was huge and very well equipped. Reading some of the other reviews and wondering if they actually opened ALL the cupboards. We found everything we needed and more. Only issue were instructions for the equipment but that's being petty. The staff were very helpful indeed and have made our stay very enjoyable. Yes, there are things happening around the Hotel but then again anywhere on The Walk and you will be met with refurbishment and the ongoing Tram installation. However, considering the latter is due to finish within the next month, if you're travelling in a couple of months you shouldn't find this to be an issue. The facilities are excellent. We've made full use of the Fitness Center and as for the Pool and Beach, the pictures do not do it justice. The Infinity Pool is excellent and we found the temperature to be just right. The service around the pool was excellent. Yes, you get the Jet Skiiers and to be fair the Local authorities did come down, they can be a nuisance but we haven't let it ruin our stay. To cap everything off, we had breakfast in the Hotel Restaurant on our Anniversary and the staff were fabulous. We we're presented with not 1 but 2 cakes celebrating the day.

As a family we would definitely recommend the Hotel. Reading some of the comments on here, can give a distorted view. I'm not sure what others were expecting but when you consider the Hotel has only been open a couple of months, is in an area undergoing major refurbishment and a massive infrastructure development to put many major cities in the Western World to shame it puts a lot into perspective. Last year we stayed at another Hotel in the middle of The Walk and to be honest, they wanted considerably more to stay there this year and if we had we would have been very, very disappointed. If you're planning your trip for later in the year or 2015, then consider - 1. Refurbishment finished, 2. Infrastructure finished, 3. Teething issues finished.

We would definitely consider returning in the future.

Room Tip: If you want flexibility, especially with family, go for the Kitchen
7 Thank Malcolm C
Dear Malcolm C,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and thank you for your positive highlights !

I also appreciate your views and I am happy to hear that our team members were attentive to your needs and that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms.

We hope to welcome you back again so that you may have the opportunity to experience what makes our hotel special once again.

Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This was amazing! From the free warmed chocolate cookie and complimentary pomegranate cocktail at check in - things only got better!
We booked an apartment with a kitchen. The rooms are huge!! The pool is amazing, it's an infinity one with a swim up bar. It's kept chilled with the kids (mostly) kept to the shallow end. The bar staff were so nice, they couldn't do enough. They ran straight out and and resuplied the rum when we drank it all! We didn't dine in the restaurant as we had the kitchen but no one we spoke to had any complaints.
The traffic is a bit of a mare as they're building a tram system, but we never heard it and with a 5-10 min walk you can bypass most of it and pick one up from the street.
I would definitely book here again, but be careful as there is more than one Doubletree in Dubai!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank annelise003
Aret B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dubai - Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Annelise H

I’m pleased to hear you had a amazing stay with us and thank you for your delightful review.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Dubai again and it will be our pleasure to serve you.