“Worst safari experience ever....”

Lama Desert Tours & Cruises L.L.C.
Ranked #27 of 51 Nature & Parks in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: LAMA: Love All, Meet All LAMA is committed to serving customers with utmost professionalism and care. We inspire people to travel and explore to enrich their lives, employing the latest technology solutions to exceed expectations at all times.LAMA delivers a high quality service at incredibly reasonable prices. We promise you the very best deals and and an experience you will never forget!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worst safari experience ever....”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were told that LAMA is one of the best Safari companies available in the UAE with all of its equipment, facilities, and the food that they provide. On those basis we invited our guest to a tour with your reputable company, but to be honest it turned out to be a joke except for the Safari drive (with Mr. Romel) which was a sensational experience.

cutting to the chase, after the Safari drive and reaching to the what is supposed to be called a "camp", starts the disaster.

First of all, entering to the "camp", facing us was a man holding a falcon, trying to take pictures with our personal camera, your camera man jumps in like crazy and starts shouting and screaming that it is not allowed and all the pictures should only be taken by his camera, as per the company rules, and before leaving, we could collect the pictures............he left the "camp" an hour before us.......cute right?

second of all, the Henna, which is supposed to be included in the package....it was, if it is as tiny one, but the longer the drawing is the more money you have to pay, according to the Lady over there.

Third of all, the Food, which is also supposed to be included in the package....it was for the buffet, that was dried out by 7:30 PM, and according to the chefs over there "no more food is available", except for the corncobs.....you want you pay 10 Aed/cob.

Fourth of all and most important, the Generators, throughout our stay in the "camp', it was Christmas season all over again. Let me explain to you how......Lights were going on and off, on and off, on and off.....just like Christmas decoration. It turned out that the Generator was not functioning properly, which is a very common issue that might happen. On top of all that, the belly dancer & the Tanoura dancer, each danced once on music coming from the car.

Is it possible that there was no back up? It is possible that there was no alternative for such a simple situation? Shouldn’t there be a plan made by your company to solve such issues?

The answer is of course: NO.

The entire “camp” really showed how well prepared your crew is. Moreover, leaving earlier than the dedicated time, your representative at the end comes and apologizes from everyone and ironically admitted that they were not prepared for all of that.

As an unsatisfied customer, I demand an explanation of what happened and a full refund for the amount that I paid. The entire tour was corrupted and you embarrassed my husband & I in front of our guest, due to your lack of planning and preparation.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Skaf1986

Hyderabad, India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Don't ever think of booking a trip on Lama Tours. They have one of the most terrible customer service attitude i have ever seen. My family and i had booked ourselves for the sand dune bashing and belly dance for the 4th of March 2014. I was accompanied with my parents who were aged 67 and 81 years. So i had asked them in the morning if they could stay at a designated place and not do sand bashing and later join my wife and me for the belly dance. They agreed but in the evening, their driver Mr Razaq came and refused to accommodate us. He said either we do the sand bashing and belly dance or nothing else. My mom had to stay back at the hotel because of this attitude and missed out watching the belly dancing. My dad decided to come along and endure the dune bashing. I kept pleading with Razaq but he refused to budge.
They have such terrible customer service. In fact i had thought i would never visit Dubai again because of this attitude

Visited March 2014
LamaTours, Arabian Reps at Lama Desert Tours & Cruises L.L.C., responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Sats2405,

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we are looking into this for you and will revert once this is fully investigated.

In the meantime, please contact me directly; manpreets@lama.ae

We pride ourselves in our services and this incident is not acceptable to us. We value our customers, so please be assured that this is being taken seriously.

Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mediocre tour”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

It took us quite a while to get to the starting point for dune bashing. I was picked up from the hotel in time but the driver needed to buy gas on the way. Wouldn't you think the car would have been filled up in advance. Also a lot of time was spent on communicating with...I am not sure who. Waited other driver's to fix their tire at the point of bashing. I am not sure why. We didn't drive together. Finally, the dune bashing only lasted for few minutes. I don't know if were out of time or if that is all there is to it. Arrived at the camp. The driver drop us off and said this is the camp and left. We were left to wonder where to go and what to do. I found the camel ride. It was nothing more than a picture opportunity for them to make money on pictures. The ride was 50 meters at most. The dance show was OK and food was good as I am not really fuzzy. We were last ones on dinner table wondering if anyone was going to pick us up. The driver did show up and took us back to our hotel.

Visited February 2014
Dear Nikki94,

Thank you for your feedback. In answer to your question " driver's to fix their tire at the point of bashing. I am not sure why", I would like to explain that before driving on the sand dunes, tires need to be deflated for more grip. This should have been explained..

It's with feedback like yours that we are able to continuously improve our services and we thank you for that.

Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Had a ball! Dune bashing was the best part. Camel ride was only two minutes. Maybe because they only had two for more than 50 people. Dinner was good. The show was ok. Only one belly dancer, one other guy performed. The dune bashing was the best part! Worth the cost alone.

LamaTours, Arabian Reps at Lama Desert Tours & Cruises L.L.C., responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Awlthat,

Thank you for the kind review. It's with your feedback that we continue to serve to the highest standards... Hope to see you again soon!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ms. Mary”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

A BIG waste of time & money. It is an hour drive from Dubai. When you get to the "camp" you can ride the camels in a small circle as they are led by a staff member. If you want to ride on an ATV it will cost you more....really? The food was marginal, the show poor and the bathrooms were so BAD they made people gage & vomit! The sunset was beautiful as it is from all over UAE. TOURIST TRAP.

Visited February 2014