“They are too good”

Lama Desert Tours & Cruises L.L.C.
Ranked #29 of 50 Nature & Parks in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: LAMA: Love All, Meet All LAMA is committed to serving customers with utmost professionalism and care. We inspire people to travel and explore to enrich their lives, employing the latest technology solutions to exceed expectations at all times.LAMA delivers a high quality service at incredibly reasonable prices. We promise you the very best deals and and an experience you will never forget!
Hubli-Dharwad, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“They are too good”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I travelled to Dubai with my family. We were 8 members with sr citizens and kids. These guys were very nice, helpfull, smiling and made our trip very memorable.
Our speal thanks to mr.khalid (desert safari) Mr Sayeed( hope got the name right) he took us to the city tour. He was very humorous. Kept everyone smiling. Mr manoj, mr raju our coach assistance were very helpfull and gave valuable inputs.the staff and food at the dhow cruise was very good. Mr mohammad who performed the Tarona Dance is an excllent d a dancer and kept the crowd pulled towards him. A must meet person. I strongly recommend this tour coumpny. - hemal desai & family.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Though I couldn't have the desert safari ride due to some reason, the hospitality by our tour partner Lama Tours was one step ahead. Our car driver was very accommodating and gave us few quick rides and stops for photos. The conservation center is very quite with very few operators working in this reserved area. The belly dancer was also very energetic and responding to audience requests. Would recommend Lama Tour Operator who works in this Conservation Reserve.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome service, amazing food, adventurous dune bashing”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Went to their desert safari with my wife kid and a friends family yesterday. The pickup was in a brand new Nissan patrol, the driver was friendly puntual and knowledgeable. We stopped at a point where tires were deflated and people had a break for drink or toilet. The dune bashing was amazing and adventurous. The camp was well see decorated. Girls had a chance for hena tatto. Lots of shisha. You can have pics with eagle and have camel ride. The tandora dance guy was amazing though the belly dancer was a little disappointment but over all it was amazing evening.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worst safari experience ever....”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were told that LAMA is one of the best Safari companies available in the UAE with all of its equipment, facilities, and the food that they provide. On those basis we invited our guest to a tour with your reputable company, but to be honest it turned out to be a joke except for the Safari drive (with Mr. Romel) which was a sensational experience.

cutting to the chase, after the Safari drive and reaching to the what is supposed to be called a "camp", starts the disaster.

First of all, entering to the "camp", facing us was a man holding a falcon, trying to take pictures with our personal camera, your camera man jumps in like crazy and starts shouting and screaming that it is not allowed and all the pictures should only be taken by his camera, as per the company rules, and before leaving, we could collect the pictures............he left the "camp" an hour before us.......cute right?

second of all, the Henna, which is supposed to be included in the package....it was, if it is as tiny one, but the longer the drawing is the more money you have to pay, according to the Lady over there.

Third of all, the Food, which is also supposed to be included in the package....it was for the buffet, that was dried out by 7:30 PM, and according to the chefs over there "no more food is available", except for the corncobs.....you want you pay 10 Aed/cob.

Fourth of all and most important, the Generators, throughout our stay in the "camp', it was Christmas season all over again. Let me explain to you how......Lights were going on and off, on and off, on and off.....just like Christmas decoration. It turned out that the Generator was not functioning properly, which is a very common issue that might happen. On top of all that, the belly dancer & the Tanoura dancer, each danced once on music coming from the car.

Is it possible that there was no back up? It is possible that there was no alternative for such a simple situation? Shouldn’t there be a plan made by your company to solve such issues?

The answer is of course: NO.

The entire “camp” really showed how well prepared your crew is. Moreover, leaving earlier than the dedicated time, your representative at the end comes and apologizes from everyone and ironically admitted that they were not prepared for all of that.

As an unsatisfied customer, I demand an explanation of what happened and a full refund for the amount that I paid. The entire tour was corrupted and you embarrassed my husband & I in front of our guest, due to your lack of planning and preparation.

2 Thank Skaf1986
Hyderabad, India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Don't ever think of booking a trip on Lama Tours. They have one of the most terrible customer service attitude i have ever seen. My family and i had booked ourselves for the sand dune bashing and belly dance for the 4th of March 2014. I was accompanied with my parents who were aged 67 and 81 years. So i had asked them in the morning if they could stay at a designated place and not do sand bashing and later join my wife and me for the belly dance. They agreed but in the evening, their driver Mr Razaq came and refused to accommodate us. He said either we do the sand bashing and belly dance or nothing else. My mom had to stay back at the hotel because of this attitude and missed out watching the belly dancing. My dad decided to come along and endure the dune bashing. I kept pleading with Razaq but he refused to budge.
They have such terrible customer service. In fact i had thought i would never visit Dubai again because of this attitude

Visited March 2014
LamaTours, Arabian Reps at Lama Desert Tours & Cruises L.L.C., responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Sats2405,

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we are looking into this for you and will revert once this is fully investigated.

In the meantime, please contact me directly; manpreets@lama.ae

We pride ourselves in our services and this incident is not acceptable to us. We value our customers, so please be assured that this is being taken seriously.

Regards,