“Birthday Trip”

Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai
Ranked #37 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I’m having a groovy birthday celebration in Dubai at the Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf. Wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining too, must applaud the hotel's restaurant for their enjoyable diet and some eye-catching salmon dishes. Very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel. My only qualm is that the restaurant closed a little too early each evening. An experience i’ll never forget.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Philip A
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Philip A

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Dubai Marriott Al Jaddaf Hotel during your birthday celebrations.

I am delighted to hear that you had an unforgettable stay and enjoyed the hotel restaurants. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the food & beverage team.

I look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to Dubai.

There are newer reviews for Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our arrival. We received a room upgrade as I was a Marriot Reward Member. Check in was very quick and friendly. The room was very impressive with a shower area and separate bath. There was a lovely welcome gift which included chocolates.

The bed was very comfortable and a very relaxing room. The executive lounge area was very big and impressive and breakfast was sufficient. Check out was very quick and easy and the staff arranged our transport to our next hotel immediately. Excellent service would stay again as definitely good value for money.

The only down side which did not affect our stay , was that there was nothing immediately around the hotel as this area is still being developed. However, taxis are easily available and great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_Hopper2007
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Dubai Marriott Al Jaddaf Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service from the team.

Thank you for the excellent rating and I look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Dubai.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have stayed in Dubai before and this is the best hotel I have been to. Took an upgrade to a suite because it was half price during Ramadan. Great suite. Good outdoor pool with superb views of the business district and Burg Al Khalifa. Really good breakfast, including Marmite for my toast...

An easy ride to Dubai Mall, Wafi Mall and Deira City Centre.

Would stay again, but not in a suite: $300/night and that was half price...

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Michael E
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Michael

Thank you for sharing your experience and for giving us an excellent rating.

The superb view from the roof top of the Burj Khalifa is one of my favourites and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it too.

I am delighted to hear that you feel the hotel is the best you have visited and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Dubai.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

staying few days in Dubai Marriott AL Jaddaf hotel was so fantastic. i enjoyed with food in market place with Asian cousins.it was easy to reach to Dubai air port and other outlets mall around Dubai, finally i had nice changed rather than other hotel which i was used to stay before.certainly my next next stay with your hotel ............
upali

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nero123j

Dear Nero123j

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for the excellent rating you have given us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Asian cuisine in the Market Place and will be sure to pass your comments onto the chef.

I very much look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was great from check in to check out. The interior of the hotel, room facilities, bathroom, service etc was excellent and luxurious. The room had the great views of the city and burg kalifa tower which was remarkable experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to dubai.

Room Tip: Chose the room with the Burg kalifa view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eranda89
Khaled A, General Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Eranda89,

Thank you taking the time to share with us this review and for the excellent rating you gave us.

I am delighted to know that you had an pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the Burj Khalifa view from your room, it is indeed an amazing view along with the other Sheikh Zayed's Skyline buildings.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spending a couple of days in Dubai at the Marriott Al Jaddaf was a perfect break on a long journey for me to Europe. This hotel is like a mirage in the desert, rising from the sand only 15 minutes from the airport. While its location could be seen as remote, its only a short (and cheap) taxi ride to Dubai Mall and other downtown attractions. The hotel also offers a limited free shuttle to the nearest train station, Jumeriah beach and Dubai Mall. A tip, though, if you have an early flight, pre-book your taxi the night before. The best thing about the hotel was the incredible helpfulness and friendliness of all the staff. Everywhere I turned, the staff were smiling and offering service, something that is sometimes lacking in large chain hotels. While my room had no view, it was very clean, spacious and contained everything I needed. Despite the constant stiffling 40C heat, the rooftop pool was very cool and refreshing, with ample sunlounges and shade available. All in all, a great stay and a big thank-you to all the staff for making it so enjoyable. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank cmmf11

Dear cmmf11,

Fantastic Review, Thank you.

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and I must say that I liked the description you gave the hotel “Like a mirage in the desert, rising from the sand” . The location indeed as you described within few minutes from major attractions in Dubai such as Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. We also provide regular free shuttle to the Dubai Mall and other attraction in the city.

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us. I thank you for mentioning the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. Rest assured this will continue to be our top priority here at Al Jaddaf Marriott.

Good that you had the chance to try the pool, it is designed keeping in mind the rise of temperature in the middle east during summers and is temperature controlled to ensure guest are still enjoying the pool in the summer heat while admiring the view of Sheikh Zayed road with it’s amazing skyline.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located for easily getting to most parts of Dubai. That having been said, you will need a car or to take taxis. There is nothing around this hotel as it sits in the middle of a series of road intersections.

The hotel itself is standard Marriott fare - nicely decorated, clean, great beds and nice bathrooms.

There is a roof-top pool which is nice but the sitting area is not large. And the gym is perfectly functional. The executive lounge is also nice with a good selection of food in the evening and friendly staff.

The reception staff were the only employees that did not up-hold the Marriott customer service standards and they were not at all helpful during check-in.

This is not somewhere I would choose to go on holiday in Dubai, but as a base for business meetings it offers a great value option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brit-abroad-in-Asia

Dear Brit-abroad-in-Asia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and writing this review after your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments on the location; which as you correctly described has easy access to different parts of Dubai. We hope you also had an opportunity to avail the free shuttle services provided for guests.
Also thank you for your kind comments on the hotel interiors and décor, I am glad you had an opportunity to try our Executive Lounge and glad to read that you liked the food offerings there and the service.

My apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced with our reception staff and would appreciate if you can share with us more specific details for us to follow up and avoid any shortfall in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon & hopefully getting the chance to meeting you in person.