“Eid hols”

Ranked #33 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Eid hols”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

the staff is very good and nice
the valet parking arrangements are excellent
Good Hotel overall.
Reasonable Tariffs
washrooms are very good the shower is excellent high pressure relieves all the day's pains and aches.

Room Tip: Pay more to get a room looking at the skyline
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear RonVaz

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the rating you have given us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to see you again upon your next visit to Dubai.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 1 September 2014

good rooms, good room facilities. excellent breakfast spread.
bad: wifi connectivity is free only in lobby area and that too is pathetic slow and drops regularly. the location of the hotel is such that you cannot go out of premises without a vehicle or taxi which has to be called and we have t owait for same. there are no convienace shops or eateries nearby.
excellent cooling in the room. Daily newspapers were not delivered and had to cal lfor them every day

Room Tip: higher floor and city view room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Rupam67

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at the Dubai Marriott Al Jaddaf and for the rating you have given us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the bedroom you had been allocated along with its facilities and the excellent breakfast we serve in our Market Place.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and will be sure to pass on all comments to the relevant department managers so that we may look at ways in which to rectify them.

I hope you will visit us upon your next trip to Dubai and I look forward to meeting with you then.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

World class customer service, extremely friendly, helpful and professional. I stayed for one night due to a connecting flight stop over and had a double room where the interior was gorgeous, very comfortable bed, great shower and room was very well equipped. Breakfast had a wide variety of choice, all very fresh. Great location quiet but not too far from the centre with excellent taxi service from in front of the hotel lobby. All in all probably the best hotel experience I've ever had. I definitely recommend to anyone visiting Dubai for however long.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hollyclifford
Dear Hollyclifford

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the excellent rating you have given us.

I am so happy to hear you encountered world class service while staying with us and that the teams were extremely friendly; I will definately pass your comments on.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Dubai.

Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 August 2014

During my recent business trip through the Gulf States, I made a stop at the brandnew Marriott Al Jaddaf in Dubai and I am very glad I choose the new Marriott (open since Feb 2014). It was definitely worth it !! Excellent value for money, since the hotel is not (yet) expensive and it has a very luxurious offering : wonderful lobby, 4 restaurants, excellent rooftop pool, fitness, spa. Very nice and spacious rooms, with a beautiful bathroom (rain shower and stand-alone tub with views into the bed room).

Although the hotel is somewhat remotely situated, it is very convenient to reach from the airport (10 minutes) and downtown Dubai (5-10 minutes to the Burj-al-Khalifa/Dubai Shopping Mall.

The views (day and night!!) on the Burj-Al-Khalifa and the Duabi skyline are very nice and the hotel itself is beautifully lit in the evening, making it look like a as in a fairytale.

As a frequent Marriott traveller, I was warmly welcomed by Nadeem, the guest relations manager on duty that evening. He was able to extend my stay in the room and use of the club facilities ntil my (very late) departure. In general, the staff at the Marriott did a wonderful job to make us feel at hme after an exhausting trip in the Gulf.

Thank You so much for a great end of our Gulf trip.

Room Tip: See whether you can upgrade to get access to the business lounge. It is worth it : spacious lounge...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank jooph
Dear Jooph

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the excellent rating you have given us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were looked after by Nadeem and the rest of the hotel's wonderful staff; I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

I am happy you enjoyed the nice view of the Dubai skyline from the rooftop pool, it is one of my favourites areas of the hotel too.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next trip to Dubai.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a brand new hotel, as was very apparent from the accommodations! I don't normally write reviews but I wanted to in this case because of the staff. I stayed for a week on the 6th floor and as a marriot platinum elite member we had access to the executive lounge on that floor. Breakfast everyday was excellent. There was a nice selection of fresh squeezed juices, bottled juices, and coffee drinks. They also had an assortment of breads, pastries, and fruit. The hot dishes consisted of eggs, potatoes, mushrooms, sausage and bacon, rice, and a few other items that I do not know the local names for. I ordered eggs everyday. Yes that's right ordered. I am familiar with conceriege lounges and usually the breakfast is very sparse. Here, I got to order fresh egg whites, with cheese, onions, and green peppers. Each day, the staff asked what type of eggs I would like and prepared them fresh. I had Stanley and a lady named Richie. Both were very nice and I made small talk with them while waiting for food.

Overall I would say this place is excellent and a great value because ...

- free hotel shuttle with several stops daily at the dubai mall (about 10 mins away) and once stop daily at jumeria beach. I did not enjoy the beach but that was not the hotel's fault... A story for another day.

- free wifi throughout. This was extremely important because I was using wifi on my iPad and iPhone to make calls through google hangouts, Skype, and talkatone. This was my only means of communication with family back home so having free wifi was great.

- great rooftop pool with view of burj khalifah and whole city

- nice value because of the free breakfast and snacks (for marriott elite members only tho). They also allowed one guest to eat in there with you. So my friend that was staying with my ate there for free too.

- helpful staff on getting around, which was nice for my first time in Dubai. They will book tours etc for you.

- the market place restaurant was amazing. SOOO much good and yummy food.

- last but not least, I am an American and not everyone is friendly to foreigners there. I was surprised by this because I had heard that a Dubai is more liberal and that a lot of tourist go there so I thought the locals would be used to seeing people that did not look like them. Outside the hotel, I got some annoyingly long stares and was treated poorly by random ppl (example, I had a horribly rude taxi driver who refused to say anything the whole ride and gave my evil looks. I was so happy to exit that cab! I assumed he made his judgment based on my appearance as there was nothing else exchanged. I was not wearing a head wrap but was dressed very modestly for an 115 degree day, having both legs and arms covered, so I'm not sure what the source of his discrimination was :-/. Maybe my friend who had on a short skirt?? (Short by their standards) He was in the taxi line at the mall so he had to service us, but otherwise I do not think he would have.) Anyway, long tangent to say that we felt safe and secure inside the hotel, and the deathly stare rate was minimal.

Room Tip: 6th for has fully enclosed shower... 4th for room I stayed in didn't.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebekah C
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Rebekah C

Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us an excellent rating.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Executive Lounge; I will be sure to pass on your comments about the food to our Executive Chef and his team; I am sure they will be most pleased.
Thank you for your kind words about Stanley and Richie; I will ensure they are recognised for the service they provided to you.

The view from the roof top of the Dubai skyline is one of my favourites and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it too.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Dubai.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

To get the negative out of the way this is a new hotel and though clearly visible from the highway it is not very easy to get to if you don`t know the area and are driving relying on GPS.
There is nothing else around (walking distance) though if you have a car or wish to take a taxi plenty of restaurants close by.
As a Marriott Platinum member got a nice room and lounge access. The service was exceptional, I spend >120 nights in hotels for work around the globe, the attitude and service of the staff was from the top tier and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast and food in the lounge was good and they have a few nice pools on the top including a small children`s paddling pool. Special mention for Richie in the executive lounge for exceptional levels of service and attention to detail.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aftab K
Dear Aftab K

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Dubai Marriott Al Jaddaf Hotel and for the excellent rating you have given us.

I am happy to hear you encountered exceptional service while staying with us; it is our aim to ensure all guests have an enjoyable experience with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge offerings and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Richie; she will be extremely pleased.

Many Thanks

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel with my wife and our 15 year old daughter. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and always willing to help. Don't be deceived by the location of the hotel. As you approach it seem isolated because it is a new hotel in the area of Dubai that is undergoing development. However, it is situated just outside the centre of Dubai but it is centrally located which is an advantage because you can easily get to most places quickly by taxi stationed in front of the hotel. Taxi fares are much much cheaper in Dubai compared to London. The hotel also provides free shuttle service to Dubai mall and the metro, and to the beach. The all-you-can-eat evening buffer dinner in the hotel is good if you compare price, quality, quantity and choice. The breakfast is almost the same price as the dinner so makes the breakfast a bit pricey. However, you can order room service to choose what you want to cut down cost of breakfast. The staff will use the phone at reception to call a Dubai number for you which is good because I did not want to use my mobile phone because of roaming charges

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dubai Marriott A, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Abraham D

Thank you for sharing your experience and for giving us an excellent rating.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Market Place Restaurant buffet for dinner and that you found the staff to be friendly throughout the hotel.