“strange but good”

Ranked #255 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“strange but good”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I got an upgrade to a suite, which was huge! At least 40 sq meters, a bathroom with bath and shower and another separate shower. Free water every day. Fantastic bed, best I have ever had in a hotel. Unfortunately I got a lot of noise from the discotheque/club/bar which is on the ground floor in the hotel. I put the airco on full blast, to blend the noise out. Room a bit run down, but nothing too bad. There's an Indian restaurant, but I did not eat there, it had very loud live music. Breakfast is good, with someone making your eggs to your liking. Underground parking available.

Room Tip: If they offer an upgrade, ask if you a free of the noise from the bar.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank dutchfarmeress
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your comments and we highly appreciate your feedback as this allow us review our service and facilities and only through comments we will able to do so.
I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you during your recent stay here in the Country club. We have taken a good note of its content and we shall address and discuss all matters with the team to prevent similar problems occurring in the future.
I hope that despite your experience you will still afford us a chance to serve you again in a better way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 November 2013

After lot of research and helpful reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to go ahead with Country Club. Did not see any negative review of the hotel which made me confident!

I wanted a hotel which is in Bur Dubai ( considering its centrally located - shopping + site seeing). These is 10 mins away from Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa,Meena Bazaar, Dhow cruise. - the main destinations which anyone would want to visit while in Dubai.

- Hotel staff was very friendly, helpful & service was excellent.
- The rooms were big and very very clean. Most of the reviews you read online boast about the rooms.
- Taxis are easily available from the hotel in case you want to go anywhere closeby.
- If you are looking to get a hotel which is in the main market area, downside is the traffic and willingness of cabs to go there ( rare though )
- Restaurants are excellent!

Would strongly recommend Country Club!

1 Thank cmakhanna
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your recent visit in Dubai
We greatly appreciate your feedback that you have mentioned in your review here in TripAdvisor as this will help us serve you better.
Kolkata
Reviewed 9 November 2013

As a frequent traveller, I would say the country club resort is definitely a superb choice in the city of Dubai,both in respect of location and service. I had stayed here for two days while on my way back from Dubai, and had to frequently travel to the City centre. It is a mere ten minutes drive from here, and cabs are easily available, and costs about 15dirhams, if I remember correctly. The suite i was booked in was as comfortable as it gets, awesum decor with two lavish rooms and two bathrooms, one with jacuzzi, though the view was not good at all. Food was great. Something that had put me off was that sales representatives were trying to convince couples to join country club right there in the lobby and in the restaurant during breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank CaptainBasu
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for the wonderful and very detailed review following your recent stay at the country club.

Your kind comments are highly appreciated as it will serve an added motivation to us
we always aim to provide you our valued guest our utmost services and facilities.

Again thank you and we are looking forward having you once again in the near future
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I booked this hotel for two reasons; very, very affordable (Dhs275 per night) and it is next to the Intenational Modern Hospital where my wife had an operation. I found this hotel by chance online. After wife checked into the hospital at 10 am, kids and I walked next door at 10.15 am and asked if we could book in, as we were travelling from Abu Dhabi since 5.50 the morning. We are helped with a smile, and half an hour later, we were in a clean, spacious room with a street view. Off course we went straight to bed and slept until afternoon, ready to check on wife after her operation. Parking is free and underground, thus saving on gas, and parking fees. We had the buffet breakfast for Dhs45, the normal selection of breads, free, cereal and hot foods. Ommelettes were made to order. Only negative, we did not have time to visit the Spa and the pool on the roof.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms facing the street on floor 2 and above.
1 Thank Danville F
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during you recent visit in Dubai and for sharing your stay experience
It was indeed our pleasure to have served you and we do hope to host you and your family the next time you come to Dubai.
Mumbai
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was in Dubai for 2 days with my colleagues for an exhibition and we were booked at Country Club Hotel by our company. Everything right from check-in to check-out was a pretty smooth experience. The only hitch was that the Hotel does not have its own vehicles and waiting for a taxi even in the October-November sun was quite a task.

The Hotel boasts of several themed restaurants befitting a Club Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our LIVE Indian Songs at Qureshi's.

The breakfast next day was amply versatile and of excellent quality. The rooms were pretty comfortable and so was the bathroom. The overall hotel atmosphere was pretty good and luxurious.

Unfortunately, by midnight, I developed a throat infection (I had actually carried it from India) and was unable to even swallow water by morning. As a result, I couldn't even have my breakfast though I sat there with my team. I kinda developed a fever a couple of hours later and had to stay back in the hotel. By evening, hunger caught up and I went down to one of the restaurants. But since I was in no shape of swallowing anything, I went back to my room for some more rest.

I was in for a pleasant surprise when I got a soft knock on my door. It was their chef who had come down to ask me why I hadn't had anything since morning and whether I didn't like their food or what! I was completely taken aback at the hotel staff's observation and eagerness to take care of a customer. I explained my problem and he prepared a certain soup which helped me with some quick relief!

I was completely floored by this experience and have vowed to take my family to this particular hotel only whenever I go to Dubai with them. My only issue was that the beds were too soft and deep for a comfortable sleep - which was a problem peculiar to me and not to any of my colleagues.

Room Tip: Make sure you provide enough money for travel arrangements.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SirNeerav
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your personal experience at Country club.
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your candid feedback is immensely encouraging and motivates all of us in rendering good quality service to our valuable guests such as yourself.

Once again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Country club Dubai.
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and it is value for money. The only problem with this hotel that the ground floor café manager Denis has a permanent scowl on his face and he looks at all the visitors that you feel unwelcome. You have to be ready for this every morning on your way in to the café or way out of the hotel. The staff are very good and professional but again some body has stolen all the smiles from their faces.

2 Thank kumaremirates
We are delighted to have learned that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and rest assured that we will continue providing our utmost to you our valued guest. Your comments have been shared with all our Team members. Looking forward to welcoming back on your next visit
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I always stay here. reason i get good deals..250-350 AED for exec suite. Also the food is available in room service till 2 AM. You just need to order before 11:30pm. The Indian restaurant Qureshi and the dance bar (formerly Ghungroo) is revamped and stylish. I had been staying for last 5 years. Rooms are standard but maintained in a good manner and the location is convenient. No noise, no hassles at reception. Though I will not suggest it for Europeans,Americans and Brits, it is wonderful for Asian continent travelers.
Bad sides are chargeable internet at higher tariff, delay in housekeeping response, not very good Facade, not a decent enough hotel to conduct a business meeting. It is a four star but dangles between 3-4. No rooms with a good view.
Good sides :A tip of 5-10 dirhams brings smile to everyone here. Club is just perfect with a not-so-big swimming pool. Had spa and message at few occasion which were pretty cool.

Conclusively, its your choice and needs that define how you would like to put up here.

Room Tip: Always ask for suites. The entry level rooms are bit conjested. Normally, upon booking the room, req...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank aceaskn
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
We are delighted to have learned that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and rest assured that we will continue providing our utmost to you our valued guest. Your comments have been shared with all our Team members. Looking forward to welcome back on your next visit