“pleasent stay brill customer service :)”

Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #143 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 27 May 2014

myself my husband and baby stayed here for a week the hotel itself was nice and clean with exceptional service cant fault them on that at all, however we had to call reception atleast 4 times while we were there to ask for cups. the room was cleaned everyday however no cups were replaced for the dirty ones. the breakfast was amazing so much to choose from so much variety really enjoyed this my little girl really enjoyed spending all her time on the balcony the only problem i found with the hotel was with the bathroom whenever the shower was used water would leak from somewhere and gather on the floor which was quiet dangerous as i slipped a few times.
the service was absoultely amazing cant fault them at all on this very welcoming and pleasent at all times.
the chocloate hour was a little bit disappointing as its not what i expected but still chocolate is chocloate i suppose!
we arrived at the hotel at approx 9am and had already requested an early check in we waited around 10 mins and were in our room really pleased about this as i did have my small child with me.
i had emailed the hotel prior to my trip informing them we are celebrating our wedding anniversary so one afternoon we went out and arrived back in the evening they had left a chocolate cake there with a small anniversary message which was a nice surprise and swan shaped towels on the bed which was amazing. overall we were very hapy with our stay here all staff are really pleasent and friendly really professional too, cant remember any names but a big well done to all front staff keep it up guys !

Room Tip: ask for a high room with a lake view we had a room situated at the front of the hotel which all we c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Many thanks for your detailed review.

It is pleasing that you enjoyed your stay with us but you have also left us some very valuable feedback that I will share with the team and make improvements where necessary.

It is great to get constructive balanced feedback from our guest and it will be used to improve our service and product.

Thank you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I travelled very recently and they certainly made me feel welcome and every interaction I saw between the staff and guests was positive, polite and intended to make the customer feel important. Everyone was very friendly and made asking for extras in the room or travel information very easy. The hotel was always full of staff so there was always someone to ask.
I was very grateful of my room upgrade and the room itself was beautiful! Spacious an modern.

The location is okay but generally frustrating by the spaghetti type road system so it takes longer to get anywhere. You will be best to take a taxi by evening (very cheap) or the metro is Approx 5minutes walk. Metro from the airport takes approx 40minutes and only 8.50durhams (pence!) There's little other areas to walk to due to it being next to a main road. The hotel is on.a small complex with some shops/ pizza express and a pretty lake. The hotel bar is nice and lively at the weekends but wouldn't have kept you awake.

Building work seems prominent all over Dubai and near the hotel was no different. However, this did not disturb me at any time during my stay and although a new hotel is going up opposite, the sun is on the pool until 5pm so plenty of time to sunbathe. It was 38/39 degrees whilst I was there so a few hours was enough.

The breakfast selection was tasty, wide ranging and plentiful!!

This hotel and it's staff made me feel very safe and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Definitely recommend the private hotel beach at Riva too!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am certain this review will be very useful for others that are intending to stay with us as well as visit Dubai.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, our facilities and especially our staff who will take a lot of pride in your very positive feedback.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We found the hotel to be perfect for us. The staff were amazing. We were greeted by Ipek upon our arrival who was very professional and made our stay extra special. We were allowed to check at 08.30 after our early arrival which was a bonus. The hotel allows easy access to all that Dubai has to offer. We only used taxis for getting around which are very efficient and cheap. Great pool, great bar, great restaurant, brilliant staff! The personal touches arranged by the staff to commemorate my birthday were fantastic! Very much appreciated, unexpected and sums up the hotel. Would have loved a view of the Marina but a very small issue. Highly commended!

Room Tip: Ask for room viewing the Marina
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your extremely positive comments about our staff and the hotel facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers .

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was an excellent stay.The staff were helpful and very professional. I did not get bothered by the location as the taxis are available all the time at the hotel door however an ATM and pharmacy next to the hotel will be ,much better. The pool was good and also the SPA. The tours' disk guy was very helpful and he helped us take a wonderful desert safari. Overall it was amazing stay and I will defiantly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback about your stay with us.

I am very happy to read your praise for our staff and I will make sure this is shared with them.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Not on a beach but they have a shuttle to a private one near by. Service was excellent and had a personal touch, and breakfast and dinner buffets were superb with so much choice. Located near a train station which is very handy as taxis can get expensive. Lovely outdoor swimming pool. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank nim3984

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to read your positive comments about our staff, facilities and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Arrived very early in morning ( before 8 am ) and as we had requested our room was ready almost immediately. Very helpful staff but also puzzled as to why 500 AED had to be signed for at check in. Also very surprised that when booking a 'Big Bus' tour it had to be paid for in cash, no credit cards were accepted. Breakfast was substantial and although buffet style was kept fresh and appetising . Location was a disappointment although it is close to a metro station and taxis are cheap and plentiful. Room was well furnished with excellent bath and shower facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lakes. There is some building work close by - avoid that side of the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read your positive comments about our staff who really take pride in their service delivery and professionalism.

In regards to your deposit query, this is common practice in hotels and the deposit is taken so you can charge back services to your room such as spa, restaurants, minibar etc.

Manu thanks

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for four nights. Situated in a nice area not busy and very quite.
Check in was quick as the staff was more than excellent and Epic who was excellent, she did every thing in a very professional way and I thank her for that.
Room was good and it had a balcony which overlooked part of the artificial lake. Bathroom was spacious but I noticed that the mirror was not in a good shape although I was told that this hotel was opened six months ago. The other ting which I noticed was that water used to come out of the shower to the bathroom floor which did not look good and it could get slippery also.
I noticed also the water in the sink and shower had sand mixed with it which was very serious.
You could not even take a proper shower.
Swimming pool was very good.
Overall I think they have excellent staff but maintenance is bad. and it can be a lot better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.
I am very pleased to read your very positive comments about our staff and I will be sure to pass these on.
I can promise you the hotel is very well maintained however your comments are valid. With any new building there are always some challenges, we are currently replacing some mirrors that are not satisfactory as well as the seals on some showers. Whilst we are aware of these two issues I do appreciate the feedback.