“Value for Money!”

Ranked #129 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Value for Money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel on some recommendations that were made and a few reviews that I read, was so pleased!
Great service, very attentive, clean, great choice of breakfast and room service options!

Good location, 25 minutes from airport, 5 min walk from metro station with Dubai links around the city and lots of mini supermarkets and fast food options local.

Great value for money, would definitely consider this hotel again on my next visit!

Thanks for a really great stay! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us at Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location of this hotel is located in a peaceful, residence area and staff are very helpful. Restaurants are awesome with awesome food varieties. Transport like the metro is nearby. After a busy schedule coming back to the room relieves you from office stress. ;)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Many thanks for your review.

It is great to read you enjoyed our restaurants and the other hotel facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers .
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A lovely hotel and great staff, and a great breakfast, lovely room, we told them it was our wedding anniversary and they had a cake waiting in our room for us and swan towels and rose buds on the bed, how sweet ah!?.

Room Tip: we asked for a high up room which was great we also had a good view of the marina. and it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I would like again to take this opportunity from our team to wish you a happy anniversary and I am glad we could play a part in making this a special occasion.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I normally don't write reviews on hotels, but I have to for this one as it ruined my honeymoon. It was like faulty towers. There was several things wrong with the hotel.

1. From when we checked in the AC wasn't working, as normal i reported by pressing 0 to the guest service they advised someone will sort it. when we came back from our excursion it wasn't fixed. i reported it again, as soon as i came in it wan't fixed, they advise no l had reported the fault to the engineer. I rang the next day before we went out to my surprise the same thing no one had fixed the problem. In this time my 9 month old son fell asleep. The engineer wanted to fix the problem 2 in the morning.

2. My light in the bedroom didn't switch off, so the engineer spent 30 mins removing the light as he couldn't diagnose the problem. This was all happening 2 in the morning.

3. I had booked half board, when we went for our meal the receptionist at Nosh didn't believe us, so she started asking me questions in which she ask for some proof so i showed her my email with confirmation. There was no apology, in fact she humiliated me in front of all the people queuing up.

4. Once i was checking out I decided to speak to the manager, as the night manager had ask me to. His way of apologising was offering me a meal or next time he will upgrade me. Is this dude for real, does he think i want to step in this hotel again. I wasn't happy with what he was offering so he assured the main manager will call me next day. Two days on i am still awaiting my phone call. This is why i am writing this review in frustration, even though they totally ruined my honeymoon they can't keep up with their promises. LIARS....

Sorry for the rant but this resulted in all 3 of us falling ill.

I have stayed in many 5 stars and this has to be the worst. This is just my experience, I'm sure for others it be enjoyable. As to the hotel manager reading, you clearly know who I am and I'm still awaiting your phone call.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Abs788
The hotel has been corresponding with you on the phone and via email since your departure as we obviously are unhappy that you felt your honeymoon was ruined. Whilst I appreciate that the issues you had with your AC and light is well below our expected service delivery we did offer you a room move with an upgrade during your stay because we could not immediately remedy the problems, but you preferred to stay in the same room.

I do apologize for what happened in the Restaurant, it is unusual and the first time we have received this feedback and I will work with the Restaurant team to understand what happened.

I do hope you can take up our offer that we have extended in our correspondence and you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

myself my husband and baby stayed here for a week the hotel itself was nice and clean with exceptional service cant fault them on that at all, however we had to call reception atleast 4 times while we were there to ask for cups. the room was cleaned everyday however no cups were replaced for the dirty ones. the breakfast was amazing so much to choose from so much variety really enjoyed this my little girl really enjoyed spending all her time on the balcony the only problem i found with the hotel was with the bathroom whenever the shower was used water would leak from somewhere and gather on the floor which was quiet dangerous as i slipped a few times.
the service was absoultely amazing cant fault them at all on this very welcoming and pleasent at all times.
the chocloate hour was a little bit disappointing as its not what i expected but still chocolate is chocloate i suppose!
we arrived at the hotel at approx 9am and had already requested an early check in we waited around 10 mins and were in our room really pleased about this as i did have my small child with me.
i had emailed the hotel prior to my trip informing them we are celebrating our wedding anniversary so one afternoon we went out and arrived back in the evening they had left a chocolate cake there with a small anniversary message which was a nice surprise and swan shaped towels on the bed which was amazing. overall we were very hapy with our stay here all staff are really pleasent and friendly really professional too, cant remember any names but a big well done to all front staff keep it up guys !

Room Tip: ask for a high room with a lake view we had a room situated at the front of the hotel which all we c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for your detailed review.

It is pleasing that you enjoyed your stay with us but you have also left us some very valuable feedback that I will share with the team and make improvements where necessary.

It is great to get constructive balanced feedback from our guest and it will be used to improve our service and product.

Thank you.
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I travelled very recently and they certainly made me feel welcome and every interaction I saw between the staff and guests was positive, polite and intended to make the customer feel important. Everyone was very friendly and made asking for extras in the room or travel information very easy. The hotel was always full of staff so there was always someone to ask.
I was very grateful of my room upgrade and the room itself was beautiful! Spacious an modern.

The location is okay but generally frustrating by the spaghetti type road system so it takes longer to get anywhere. You will be best to take a taxi by evening (very cheap) or the metro is Approx 5minutes walk. Metro from the airport takes approx 40minutes and only 8.50durhams (pence!) There's little other areas to walk to due to it being next to a main road. The hotel is on.a small complex with some shops/ pizza express and a pretty lake. The hotel bar is nice and lively at the weekends but wouldn't have kept you awake.

Building work seems prominent all over Dubai and near the hotel was no different. However, this did not disturb me at any time during my stay and although a new hotel is going up opposite, the sun is on the pool until 5pm so plenty of time to sunbathe. It was 38/39 degrees whilst I was there so a few hours was enough.

The breakfast selection was tasty, wide ranging and plentiful!!

This hotel and it's staff made me feel very safe and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Definitely recommend the private hotel beach at Riva too!!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am certain this review will be very useful for others that are intending to stay with us as well as visit Dubai.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, our facilities and especially our staff who will take a lot of pride in your very positive feedback.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We found the hotel to be perfect for us. The staff were amazing. We were greeted by Ipek upon our arrival who was very professional and made our stay extra special. We were allowed to check at 08.30 after our early arrival which was a bonus. The hotel allows easy access to all that Dubai has to offer. We only used taxis for getting around which are very efficient and cheap. Great pool, great bar, great restaurant, brilliant staff! The personal touches arranged by the staff to commemorate my birthday were fantastic! Very much appreciated, unexpected and sums up the hotel. Would have loved a view of the Marina but a very small issue. Highly commended!

Room Tip: Ask for room viewing the Marina
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your extremely positive comments about our staff and the hotel facilities.