“An excellent hotel where the staff cannot do enough for you”

Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #149 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed for just one night while visiting friends in Dubai. We got a great deal via bookings.com. Were greeted warmly (we were very early and very pleased they would check us in). They kindly upgraded us from a superior room to a suite which comprised of a dining are, lounge area, cloakroom, single bedroom and large ensuite. The reception staff could not be faulted, friendly and accommodating, they were even able to supply me with a phone charger for the duration of my stay as I had forgotten mine. We were very impressed with the clean room and its equipment (nespresso coffee maker etc) and the ensuite was large and well equipped. The room also had chocolate and sweets, all movenpick brand of course.
We ate in the UBK restaurant with friends for the evening, food and drinks great and good service despite it being a world cup game night and the place was packed!
Breakfast buffet the next morning was good quality with again, very attentive and pleasant staff.
Checkout painless!
All in all, I would stay at this hotel again in an instant, in fact we will book there again for 2 weeks time! Thank you Movenpick and its cracking staff!

Room Tip: Room 703 is a suite, no balcony but a great room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SiandSteve5
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for your very positive review.

We do receive very positive comments about our rooms and especially the suites so I am pleased you also enjoyed.

[u]bk has very quickly become one of dubai’s popular hotspots and is enjoyed by both our hotel guests and the expat community, as you say it does get busy there and has real atmosphere.

I will pass your comments on to our staff who will be delighted as they take a lot of pride in their service delivery.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

A nice 5-star Movenpick hotel in a good location in Dubai. Their breakfast is excellent and the rooms clean and comfortable. I was a little disappointed at the service however. First upon arrival we had no change to pay for the taxi and I asked reception if they could help us out by breaking a banknote. They said they had no change. There was no place to withdraw money on the hotel, I was travelling with an elderly disabled person and only after they realised we had no other option did they reluctantly help us out. Subsequently, although I had booked a 3-bedroom suite, the room we were given was a double bedroom with a couch in the living room. There was no third bed or towels and sheets to make a third bed. We had to request this three times before someone finally came up with an extra bed and appropriate linen. Following these two incidents our stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Myrto G

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I do apologize for those initial service issues you had on arrival and will discuss these with the team.

I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My firend and I booked this hotel based on the location and the brand of the hotel. Apart from location service was excellent, they is construction work taking place but the room I requested with a view to the lake had no noise. Breakfast has a healthy option.They is a shuttle service which takes you to Emirates mall. Friendly staff and they provide you with complimentary ice-cream, choclate hour etc. Towards the last two days we spent in Movenpick Jumeriah beach hotel we were able to use their facilities as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our breakfast selection.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel on some recommendations that were made and a few reviews that I read, was so pleased!
Great service, very attentive, clean, great choice of breakfast and room service options!

Good location, 25 minutes from airport, 5 min walk from metro station with Dubai links around the city and lots of mini supermarkets and fast food options local.

Great value for money, would definitely consider this hotel again on my next visit!

Thanks for a really great stay! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us at Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location of this hotel is located in a peaceful, residence area and staff are very helpful. Restaurants are awesome with awesome food varieties. Transport like the metro is nearby. After a busy schedule coming back to the room relieves you from office stress. ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review.

It is great to read you enjoyed our restaurants and the other hotel facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers .

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A lovely hotel and great staff, and a great breakfast, lovely room, we told them it was our wedding anniversary and they had a cake waiting in our room for us and swan towels and rose buds on the bed, how sweet ah!?.

Room Tip: we asked for a high up room which was great we also had a good view of the marina. and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like again to take this opportunity from our team to wish you a happy anniversary and I am glad we could play a part in making this a special occasion.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I normally don't write reviews on hotels, but I have to for this one as it ruined my honeymoon. It was like faulty towers. There was several things wrong with the hotel.

1. From when we checked in the AC wasn't working, as normal i reported by pressing 0 to the guest service they advised someone will sort it. when we came back from our excursion it wasn't fixed. i reported it again, as soon as i came in it wan't fixed, they advise no l had reported the fault to the engineer. I rang the next day before we went out to my surprise the same thing no one had fixed the problem. In this time my 9 month old son fell asleep. The engineer wanted to fix the problem 2 in the morning.

2. My light in the bedroom didn't switch off, so the engineer spent 30 mins removing the light as he couldn't diagnose the problem. This was all happening 2 in the morning.

3. I had booked half board, when we went for our meal the receptionist at Nosh didn't believe us, so she started asking me questions in which she ask for some proof so i showed her my email with confirmation. There was no apology, in fact she humiliated me in front of all the people queuing up.

4. Once i was checking out I decided to speak to the manager, as the night manager had ask me to. His way of apologising was offering me a meal or next time he will upgrade me. Is this dude for real, does he think i want to step in this hotel again. I wasn't happy with what he was offering so he assured the main manager will call me next day. Two days on i am still awaiting my phone call. This is why i am writing this review in frustration, even though they totally ruined my honeymoon they can't keep up with their promises. LIARS....

Sorry for the rant but this resulted in all 3 of us falling ill.

I have stayed in many 5 stars and this has to be the worst. This is just my experience, I'm sure for others it be enjoyable. As to the hotel manager reading, you clearly know who I am and I'm still awaiting your phone call.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Abs788

The hotel has been corresponding with you on the phone and via email since your departure as we obviously are unhappy that you felt your honeymoon was ruined. Whilst I appreciate that the issues you had with your AC and light is well below our expected service delivery we did offer you a room move with an upgrade during your stay because we could not immediately remedy the problems, but you preferred to stay in the same room.

I do apologize for what happened in the Restaurant, it is unusual and the first time we have received this feedback and I will work with the Restaurant team to understand what happened.

I do hope you can take up our offer that we have extended in our correspondence and you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.