“hotel”

Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa
Ranked #147 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 December 2007

we have just returned from dubai,staying at the arabian courtyard.We arrived at 12 lunchtime,room wasnt yet ready so went to eat in sherlock holmes all i can say about the food in there is that it was dire.The chinese was nice and service good.The evening we went into the indian they had a live indian band nut it was so noisy,you couldnt hear what the waiter was saying,other than that the food was good.We went for a massage while there,we had the one that lasts for 2hours and 10 minutes,foot scrub,facial and body massage that was worth every penny.We also enjoyed the free 10 minute massage you get.The rooms were good and housekeeping brilliant.The pool area was a bit of a dissappointment but we managed to get a sunbed every day.The pool guy was a bit funny when we asked for 2 towels each but at every hotel weve stayed in theyve always put 2 on for you.Didnt think much of the pool menu either,you couldnt have cranberry juice but if you went into sherlocks you could.Anyway mixed reviews on this hotel but we would stay again for the location,much better than the other side of the creek.also before we left uk i emailed them and asked if they could lay a suprise on for our sons 30th,he recieved a beautiful cake nicely decorated and a bottle of wine.Breakfast staff also brilliant

4  Thank roadtrippersx2

Reviewed 29 November 2007

Grat Hotel close to the Old Town and right next door to the Museum we were well looked after . Away from the building and beach area but easy to get everywhere close to the Canal very safe .

Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank DeniseHampshireUK
Reviewed 20 November 2007

Just back from a fantastic 6 day break to Dubai, was a little unsure at first when booking hotel as it was away from beaches etc but location was actually superb. Located in the Bur Dubai (Old Dubai) area with a short boat ride for the Gold and Spice Souks (boat cost 15p a trip and was really great way to travel).

The staff were great we arranged a pick up from the Airport costing 60D's and were met by a respresentative from the hotel and transported in their luxury car. Room free on arrival and again staff very friendly and courterous.

There is a free daily transport to the beach leaving at 9.45 and returning 1.45 which is enough time to enjoy the beach and also have time in the afternoon for sight seeing. The hotel also provides a beach pack so no sandy towels.

Breakfast was good and restaurants were pleasent esp the Thai restaurant out on the terrace. Only minor niggle was the pool was small and a little cold.

All in all a great location at aresonable price for Dubai!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dewy25
Reviewed 31 October 2007

Although situated in a busy area, the Arabian Courtyard is one of the best hotels i have stayed in. The staff couldnt do enough for you, food was excellent and hotel facilities were great.

I would definitely stay there again, as its location is quite good due to its proxinity to Dubai Creek. And they run a shuttle bus to Jumeriah beach each morn which is very handy.

Go raibh maith agat!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frankie79
Reviewed 31 October 2007

We stayed at this hotel on the first 3 nights of our stay in Dubai, and we were pleasantly surprised.
It is located in the Bur Dubai area of the city, and convenient for exploring the "real Dubai", very close to the abras etc.
The one thing that stood out about this hotel was the friendliness and efficiency of the staff - everyone we encountered from the accommodation assistants, to the front desk, to the concierge had top class customer service - it was clear that they have all be extremely well trained.
The room was really nice, alot nicer than we expected. The only downside was that the bathroom was very small, but that didn't affect our stay.
The only other thing I would say that lets this hotel down was its pool area - not great at all, very small and shaded. This didn't matter too much to us as we were moving to a beach resort for the next few nights, but if this is important to you, it is something to consider.
Overall lovely hotel with great staff and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cas120
Reviewed 29 October 2007

My wife and I arrived at the hotel at 1am. Our suitcases were taken by the bell boy and we were taken to the reception. Had booked a standard room with kingsize bed, all standard rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor, however no kingsize bed were available on these floors, so we were given a kingsize bed on the 4th floor. Taxis ride from the airport costs about 50 Dirhams and takes about 20mins. The room was spacious and looked exactly like the photos posted by other reviewers. Bathroom was clean and at high standard. The hotel is very close to meena bazaar area. Hotel provide a free bus service to jumeriah beach, sets off at 9.45am and pick up is at 1.45pm. There is a tour representative available at the hotel. We did the sun down dessrt safari (200AED) and the hop-on-hop-off bus tour (185AED). The bus tours provides a free river cruise ride and free entry into the dubai museum. The water taxis (Abra) is only 5 min away near the textile souks and takes you near to hitachi building across the creek. Costs 1 dirham each way. The emirates mall is approx 30min in the taxi and costs about 50 dirhams. Jumeriah beach is about 30min away from the hotel, probably better if you take the bus tour and hop off. Some of the hotel resturarants are closed during ramadan and ie better to buy your own food and eat in your room.

5  Thank Gandy75
Reviewed 28 October 2007

I stayed at this hotel on my last day in Dubai due to its proximity to several places I wished to visit. My bags were taken from the taxi upon arrival and I was directed to reception where I was given a seat and a refreshing fruit juice. My room was not ready (check-in is 3, it was 1), but this was not a problem for me since I wanted to grab lunch and head for the museum.

Check-in was a bit slowish, but to be fair to the hotel, I find that to be the case in the majority of hotels in Dubai. I headed to Sherlock Holmes where I had the place to myself, plenty of newspapers to choose from and ordered lunch which was freshly prepared, plentiful, tasty and good value. When I finished up, I headed down to the lobby and was going to leave when I was stopped and informed that my room was ready. The girl behind the counter apologized for the delay (she had nothing to apologize for since I was the one who was early), and told me that she had upgraded me.

I popped up to the room which was nice and clean. It was also overlooking the museum. Yes, as others have stated, the bathroom is a bit on the small side, but that is a very powerful shower - so no complaints from me. The TV seems to cater more towards Euro (more French programs than US/British), but sufficient for my length of stay. Beds are clean and comfortable. I think the closets are a bit narrow, but since I had little to hang, it was not a bother to me. The electric kettle was another life-saver and one which I made good use of.

The spa, which I used later in the evening, has one of the most extensive opening hours which I have ever encountered. Try out the massage chairs in the waiting room! I had a facial, which while the girl was really lovely, I would not recommend it. Not one of the best facials in the world - but to me - that is more to do with lack of training and technique. All in all, the spa is a nice place, and I believe that it is more geared towards massages.

The gym is well equipped and the roof deck area is adequate with a good amount of loungers. The pool is small, but seems fine to me as it is in a city location.

When I got up to leave in the morning, I could clearly hear the call to prayers from the mosque beyond the museum - but that added to the experience to me. I don't know if you would be woken up from it if you were a light sleeper. On check-out (this was about 5:15 a.m.), a bill was not ready for me to review. I told the man that I had charged my lunch and the spa to the room. It was not on the bill. I figure I will see that on my statement on Monday.

All in all, to me, it was a good location, with good value, adequate comfort, helpful staff.

Stayed: September 2007