Dubai is an interesting place to visit and whether you like this hotel is going to depend on why you are there.
If it's chic, cutting edge, clean lines and Arab bling you want, this isn't the place for you. To be fair, some of the hotel is in need of a luck of paint and there is an air of a hotel that needs a little investment. However, to give you this impression to take away would be really unfair.
A hotel is made by its staff, it's facilities and it's location. The Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa excels at all these things for me. Every member of staff without exception were friendly and more than helpful. The hotel is immaculately clean with staff on hand 24hrs a day. The hallways and rooms are decked out in beautiful old wood furniture and ornaments and the place has a really authentic feel.
Set in the heart of the old town, you are in the thick of it the moment you step out of the front door. Jewellery, souvenirs, clothes and computer shops everywhere. A myriad of places to eat (if you aren't too fussy, and still plenty if you are) right on your doorstep. There's 4 restaurants in the hotel although we ended up at the Thai place 4 times as we could sit outside.
Right opposite Dubai Museum, a few minutes walk from a small Souk and the river taxis to take you to the gold and spice souks across the bay. 100 yard in the other direction there is a development around part of the old city wall with art, museums and restetaunt set in a traditional Arabian village style. (Being developed while I was here but most probably open now). A few minutes past this, opposite the British embassy wall are floating restaurants.
The old town has a feel of India due largely to the immigrant population and although it looks a little rough around the edges, it has far more colour than the sterile developments further into Dubai. Safe of course too. It's a short walk to the nearest metro but of course taxis cost virtually nothing so a trip up town or to the super bling coastal resorts and malls is easy. There's a supermarket 3 doors down too.
Of course this has to be your thing. If it is, the hotel excels and you'll love it as much as I did. The only reason I haven't given the place 5stars is because in the context of Dubai, that's a big ask.
I doubt you'll regret booking, look out for the character doorman too, and tell him I said 'Hi'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, is an Arabian Heritage themed hotel located at the heart of Bur Dubai, in Al Fahidi historical area opposite Dubai Museum. This themed hotel is an ideal location for business & Leisure trips, as it is ideally positioned for sightseeing, shopping and business. The spacious guest rooms are comfortable and decorated in an Arabian style. Rooms come with bottled mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities, guests can enjoy free WiFi in the entire hotel. The hotel offers a wide variety of dining options including the Sherlock Holmes English Pub, Pharaoh Cafe & Restaurant, Chinese Dynasty Restaurant and the Mumtaz Mahal Indian Restaurant, you will have a unique experience through some of the most delicious and mouth-watering recipes from all over the world. Make a tour around the Indian, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Chinese, Thai or International cuisine and become a gourmet with our specialties and signature dishes. The hotel is within walking distance of the Dubai Museum, Meena Bazaar, Al Bastakiya Quarter, Al Fahidi Metro Station and Dubai Creek. Dubai World Trade Centre and the city's famous Sheikh Zayed Road are just 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai