Rooms are big. Bathrooms are tiny, really tiny. If you get floor 1, you'll not sleep because of the road noise, the late night noise from the bar directly below you, which in the morning is the breakfast area. This starts at 6:30am, but obviously the noise starts earlier, because of setting up.
We asked to change rooms. The front desk manager smiled and said he would ensure we were in a new, quiet room by 12:00 the next day. We packed and were ready and waiting. I went to reception and the lady on the desk said she new nothing about us moving, but promised we would have a new room by 4. Needless to say, at 4pm, nothing happened. I went back to reception and spoke to another person who said there were no rooms, but they would 'try' and get us a new room that day or tomorrow. I started shouting and suddenly, a room was given to us. We ended up in room 404. It was the same as previously mentioned, but quiet.
The guy that ran breakfast tried to sit us down on dirty tables, (previous occupants had left and their plates, cups, cutlery and crumbs/spillages were still there. He was outstandingly arrogant.
Overall, it's a busy, very old and tired hotel that needs refurbishment. The senior staff, (front desk and breakfast managers), were either rude, arrogant, liars or a combination there of.
Would I return? Not a chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, is an Arabian Heritage themed hotel located at the heart of Bur Dubai, in Al Fahidi historical area opposite Dubai Museum. This themed hotel is an ideal location for business & Leisure trips, as it is ideally positioned for sightseeing, shopping and business. The spacious guest rooms are comfortable and decorated in an Arabian style. Rooms come with bottled mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities, guests can enjoy free WiFi in the entire hotel. The hotel offers a wide variety of dining options including the Sherlock Holmes English Pub, Pharaoh Cafe & Restaurant, Chinese Dynasty Restaurant and the Mumtaz Mahal Indian Restaurant, you will have a unique experience through some of the most delicious and mouth-watering recipes from all over the world. Make a tour around the Indian, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Chinese, Thai or International cuisine and become a gourmet with our specialties and signature dishes. The hotel is within walking distance of the Dubai Museum, Meena Bazaar, Al Bastakiya Quarter, Al Fahidi Metro Station and Dubai Creek. Dubai World Trade Centre and the city's famous Sheikh Zayed Road are just 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai