“Good service and nice rooms”

Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa
Ranked #146 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Opposite the Dubai museum was good. Staff were friendly and attentive. Will book with them again.

Room had a fruit plate for our arrival. The person who took our bags was good and despite me not giving him much of a tip because I did have any, he was still courteous.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Man K

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Whilst clean, the Arabian Courtyard is very dated. The rooms were spacious and the bed was fine, the hotel itself could do with some renovations. The area of Bur Dubai, is busy and represents the old Dubai. This hotel is close to Dubai Museum and you can walk to the waterfront to catch an agra across the creek. We wished we had paid a little more for something with a bit more luxury.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here on numerous occasions the standsrd us consistently good the service excellent.
From arriving at the entrance we were greeted by the arabian dressed man like seeing an old friend made us feel right at home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RussT6
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great location opposite Dubai Museum and very good value in a location that gives you a sense of a different Dubai from the worlD of malls. Walk past the museum and you are into narrow lanes and Little India. Had the best Indian meal half a block from the hotel.
An internal light well means there is a feeling of spaciousness in the public. Space.
The. Room was very adequate with modern clean bathroom with bath. The furniture gave a nod to an Arabian style, so you knew you were embarking a bit of an adventure with a stopover here.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on a nonsmoking floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny49962
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is my first review as I never find the time to do such things. The hotel is average (2.5-3 stars). My cousin and I received a free upgrade to a deluxe room. I chose the hotel because it seemed quaint and cozy. The room definitely makes you feel as if you're in Dubai vs the Marriott, Sheraton, etc... The staff was great, especially Marvelous. She's amazing! The concierge were awesome!!! The location was a bit far from attractions, but I had a driver that took my cousin and me around. Breakfast was included with our booking and it was really good. If you're staying for a few days it's cool, but the menu items can get redundant.

Now for my near death experience. My cousin and I arrived from Kuwait late night and I didn't want to go straight to bed. We decided to check out the Indian restaurant -___-. The "entertainment" was awful. The waiter brought a bottle of wine despite being told two glasses. He insisted that we keep the bottle, but after a bit of back-and-forth it was taken off our bill. My food arrived and let's just say, I’ve had better food in an MRE while on deployment. The tandoori chicken was the worst I've had. Immediately after leaving, I knew there was something wrong. My throat began to swell and my night was spent on the bathroom floor. Marvelous was quite concerned and had management contact me -___-. I was basically told by management that it was my fault, because their food is checked daily, followed by the standard "I will look into it" speech. Needless to say, I did not partake in anything else food related except breakfast and that was after saying a few prayers :)

The only reason I would return to this hotel would be because of the staff (minus the "manager"). I would like to be closer to attractions and will probably choose a location closer to the beach, maybe even the Burj Al Arab !

AIRPORT SHUTTLE reservations have to be made 72 hours in advance. The allotted departure times from the hotel were either way too early/late for our 1100 flight, so we took a taxi. The representative at the tourism desk was very helpful. I recommend the desert safari!!!!

Room Tip: I would book a deluxe + room. Although we were upgraded to a deluxe room, it still seemed a bit smal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bRaNdi A
HabibKhan, General Manager at Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Please pardon us for late response, we had to conduct a thorough investigation considering the title of review is pretty scary.
I am glad that you liked the general services, and our associates were able to make a positive impression though-out your stay.
We noted your disappoint with the food at Mumtaz Mahal, Indian specialty restaurant and we are extremely sorry that it did not suit your appetite. Symptoms described, such as throat began to swell etc. generally indicates food allergy, Zafrani Chicken Tikka has following ingredients:
Boneless Chicken breast is marinated in hung yogurt, egg yolk, garlic, ginger paste, grilled in a clay charcoal Tandoor, served with Saffron and fresh cream sauce, seasoned with chopped ginger and string of soaked saffron.
Perhaps one of these ingredients may not have agreed with your digestive system, however, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
I and many of our visitors may not agree to your comments about the location because we are in the heart of Old Dubai City surrounded by most recognized attraction around us, such as Dubai Museum, Rulers Court,
Al Fahidi Historical area, Old Souk, infamous Gold Souk, Meena Bazar, Heritage village and numerous attraction by the Dubai Creek.
New Dubai has different attraction for those who appreciate the sky scrapers, mega malls and café culture along the Marina walk etc. even those visitors who chose to live on the other side do come to this area, because a trip to Dubai is in-complete without seeing the Dubai Museum and attraction around, however, we all have a choice!
We will be happy to see you and welcome you back any time, even if you stay at the Burj Al Arab, many of their guests come to dine with us at the award winning Mumtaz Mahal.
Once again, please accept my personal apology for falling short of your expectations.

Habib Khan

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect for us as we were able to walk around the old city. If we had stayed in the new part of town we would have missed a lot of the sights that we managed to see within easy walking distance. It was no trouble to get taxis to Dubai Mall for sightseeing near the Burj Kalifa. Hotel breakfasts were very good with eggs cooked by a hotel chef and numerous choices. Silk Road restaurant was OK but had an outside deck to have dinner which was great for seeing the locals. The room was spacious with an Arabian flavour that we loved. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed was a bit hard but we slept well. We also enjoyed a swim in the pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed for two nights on transit to Europe. It is located in the traditional part of Dubai. The hotel was clean and tidy and directly across from the Dubai Museum which was nice to visit. Walking distance to the water taxis that will take you across the Dubai Creek where you can visit the souks (markets). We didn't stay long there however and caught a taxi to the Dubai Mall. We had dinner at the Indian restaurant in the hotel. The food was average. If you are after a traditional experience in Dubai then this hotel is in a good location. Breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple