Stayed at the Arabian Courtyard hotel for one week in mid-April. The hotel is conveniently located for the textile souk and is across the road from the Dubai Museum which is a must to visit. Also across the road is the dubai grand mosque - watch out for the early call to prayer at dawn (around 4.30am). You will need to take an abra (water taxi) to go to Deira where the spice souk and gold souk are. Taxis for Jumeirah and all other hotels in the city but they are cheap and plentiful.
The hotel has several restaurants - indian, mexican, thai, a pub. The Thai restaurant was great, pub average.
There is a small swimming pool. However, you will not get a quiet lie down as it is on the same level as the indian and thai restaurant - so you will have the food smells around you as well as the noise from some air conditioning units. If you need to go to the beach, there are transfers to Jumeirah beach offered by the hotel as well as a beach pack (basically a mat and towel in a large bag).
Our bedroom was very large and airy - with a mini bar, table and chairs, TV, control of all the utilities from a central point on one of the bedside tables (loved this - you can switch all the lights on and off, control the temperature of the room and use the alarm clock from one unit). We received complimentary bottles of water every day.
The hotel was very clean in all the public areas as well as the bedrooms. Staff were very friendly.
Clients staying on the executive floor have a complimentary breakfast and 2 free drinks in the bar during happy hour (from 6.30pm to 8.30pm). Breakfast included the usual hot and cold buffets and the not so usual beef bacon (no pork as it is a muslam country) and chicken sausages.
Overall, a good place to stay to explore Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, is an Arabian Heritage themed hotel located at the heart of Bur Dubai, in Al Fahidi historical area opposite Dubai Museum. This themed hotel is an ideal location for business & Leisure trips, as it is ideally positioned for sightseeing, shopping and business. The spacious guest rooms are comfortable and decorated in an Arabian style. Rooms come with bottled mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities, guests can enjoy free WiFi in the entire hotel. The hotel offers a wide variety of dining options including the Sherlock Holmes English Pub, Pharaoh Cafe & Restaurant, Chinese Dynasty Restaurant and the Mumtaz Mahal Indian Restaurant, you will have a unique experience through some of the most delicious and mouth-watering recipes from all over the world. Make a tour around the Indian, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Chinese, Thai or International cuisine and become a gourmet with our specialties and signature dishes. The hotel is within walking distance of the Dubai Museum, Meena Bazaar, Al Bastakiya Quarter, Al Fahidi Metro Station and Dubai Creek. Dubai World Trade Centre and the city's famous Sheikh Zayed Road are just 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai