“Very accommodating and friendly staff”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #97 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very accommodating and friendly staff”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

A friend of mine gave me a voucher for a one night stay at this hotel. We informed the hotel when we made the reservation that we will only arrive at around 4pm as my husband and I are working. We requested for a classic room with one king size bed and non-smoking.

When we got there, they had to look for an available room despite the late check-in. They asked if we can wait for an hour while they prepare the room. We had no problem with that as we spent the hour in the lobby. After an hour, we checked back only to find out that the room they were supposedly preparing had two single beds. So they asked if we can wait another half hour. We were a bit unhappy with this but we didn't really show our disappointment.

I believe they felt bad about the situation so in return, they gave us complimentary breakfast for two at Pergolas, which we thought was a very nice gesture. We checked in and the room was very nice and clean. The staff are very friendly and would greet you whenever they see the guests.

Had dinner at Double Decker and ordered the double decker burger and the baby back ribs. Food was average. I had better ribs at Billy Blues (Rydges Hotel) but my husband thinks otherwise.

Overall, we had a nice one-day getaway at Al Murooj and the breakfast was just great!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Your comments and concerns in regards to your stay have been noted and shared with all concerned Team Members in the Hotel. It was further a pleasure to read that our employees were courteous and friendly and breakfast was offered as a gesture for the delayed check in.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Spoiler alert, I had my situation there. I booked a club non-smoking room. Yet, was given a smoking non-club room. Their rationale that I arrived late. I argued that my room should've been booked for me especially that I have fully paid for it through a travel agency, but who cares. Great location less than 3 minutes driving from Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa across the highway. Sheikh Zayed Rd is very close with all the towers. The hotel manager called me later apologizing offering me great offer to pay me back for the checking-in mistakes. Didn't test it yet as it is not timely constraint, so will see the next time I'm there with the family.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank FahadDM
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience. With the same note we would like to apologize for not being able to accommodate your room preference request. Our Team Members are doing their utmost to meet guest expectations and I therefore truly sorry we were not able to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room. Please rest assured this has been addressed. We sincerly do hope you will visit us again and make use of our offer.
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is ver strategically located bang opposite the Dubai mall and the monstrous Burj Khalifa. Makes it convenient for shopping or even to have a dinner, if you were to escape the monotony of the hotel, and yet not venture far. The staff are polite and helpful. The first time that I had stayed in this hotel, in 2006, when they had just opened, it was in the midst of nowhere. Surrounded by tower cranes, the Dubai mall and the Burj were all under construction- so it has come a far way since then.

The downsides to the hotel are : poor wifi signal in the rooms, a temperature control system in the room which doesnt want to work at anything above 21C, and very predictable buffet spread for lunch.

We had a special group booking rate and hence it was good VFM, wouldnt know how competitive the rack rates are though.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the Burj and preferably on the 5th floor (if you are non-smoker)
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
limassol
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Very good location-5 min walk to Dubai mall,,Burj al Khalifa too,choice room with pool view for quiet,pool has magnificent look with garden also, separable way to pool for men & women,to gym & sauna, to, breakfast area is small,but breakfast is excellent, helpful stuff,good restaurant ,no free internet even in lobby

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Montreal
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed for two nights at this hotel for a business seminar.
The business facilities were excellent.
Everything about this hotel was satifactory especillay the quiet rooms in which you could get a good night's sleep.
The disapointments were the unprofessional attitude of the reception lady which was very rude, she was sarcastic and laughing with her colleagues when I asked her for a quiet room and she gave me a room with a road view but gave my other colleagues nicer rooms.
The food looked nice but didnt taste as good as it looked.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
beirut
Reviewed 13 June 2011

stayed at murooj rotana for 3 days for a real state transaction. on arrival by 9 pm and tired ,i had a long chek-in and a very unfriendly first contact with the man on desktop. the room was clean,comfortable,quiet and i had a good sleep. on morning i like to have a good breakfast before starting my appointments,and i must say that i had a very bad surprise with a poor,untasteful breakfast. nobody to help or to serve. so i decided to have something on the lobby bar and i had the same bad surprise,poor pastry ,no sandwiches,so i was really angry for my starting day.and i spent the rest of my stay taking breakfast and dinner outside of the hotel.on check out ,i was surprised to have a bill more valuable from my booking on line and they pretend its because of service and city charges???? in conclusion, i will not come back here again, and will not advice the hotel for any of my friends.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Very very comfortable, the service is of Rotana standards meaning excellent, the only thing that was disappointing was the food, I hope they do something about it cz it's a putty that a small thing like that to be a spoiler.

• Stayed June 2011
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
It was our pleasure to be your host while visting Dubai. We greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay and the food quality. We would very much value if you could contact us at almuooj.hotel@rotana.com to provide us with more details in terms of food and restaurants visited as this would enable us to address shortfalls.