I arrived early in the morning after a red eye flight in Abu Dhabi. The hotel had organised a car to pick me up and take me straight to the hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted with a glass of chilled orange juice and my room was ready straight away.
The quality of the room was excellent. Great size, excellently appointed, huge balcony. Absolutely no complaints. That was until the night. I was on the second floor above the function rooms/suites and there was a wedding on for two nights which went on until 3am. The noise was bad and on the second night I phoned guest services. I was immediately reassigned a new room and fresh fruit was supplied as a way of apology (small thing, but a nice touch).
If there were things that stand out they would be:
1. Location: It is literally across the road from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa.
2. Service: The level, quality and genuine interest in guests was outstanding and would stand up against any five star hotel I have ever stayed in.
3. The food: The Pergolas restaurant had a different themed buffet each night at a set rate (very reasonable) which included some drinks. The quality of the different styles of fod was mind blowing. If I new how they did it I would replicate in London, Paris and Barcelona and retire early and rich!
4. The Double Decker Pub: This is as close I have have come to a true English pub outside of the UK. Great food and drink. You have to be in 40C heat to appreciate how good ice cold, draft cider can taste. A real gem.
5. Hotel Internet/wi-fi: Quite simply put this was blistering quick. For those of us that rely on such things on business trips, you will apreciate this.
I also took advantage of the club facilities on the fourteenth floor. This is a quiet haven for meetings, breakfast, etc. As a little note, if you walk to the end of the corridor on the fourteenth floor and look out of the window, the view of the Burj Khalifa is amazing.
This undoubtedly will become my base for all future trips to Dubai and I wholeheatedly recommend it. Rotana seem to have found a very good recipe for accomodation and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five-star Roda Al Murooj Hotel is situated across from Dubai Mall and the famous Burj Khalifa. It features a lush garden with a large swimming pool and free WiFi in public areas. Dubai World Trade Centre is a 10-minute drive away. The luxurious accommodations offer views of the city or the lush courtyard gardens. Each one feature flat-screen TV, a sitting area and a working desk, minibar and tea/coffee facilities. The bathroom includes a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries. The hotel’s dining options include the award-winning Double Decker Pub and Pergolas the all-day- dining restaurant serving international dishes as well as Circle & City lobby cafes. 24 hour in-room dining is also available. Bodylines, the fitness centre, has a fully equipped gym, sauna, and a hot tub. Massage treatments can be booked at a surcharge. The complex also benefits from an on-site beauty salon, babysitting services, steam room and tennis courts. Roda Al Murooj Hotel is a 40-minute drive from Al Maktoum International Airport. The hotel is a 10-minute walk from Dubai Mall, Kidzania and the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. Dubai International Airport is 20 minutes by car. Downtown Dubai is a great choice for travellers interested in shopping for clothes, luxury brand shopping and food. This property is also rated for the best value in Dubai! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Roda Al Murooj reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Murooj Rotana Dubai