“Outstanding place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #79 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Outstanding place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I arrived early in the morning after a red eye flight in Abu Dhabi. The hotel had organised a car to pick me up and take me straight to the hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted with a glass of chilled orange juice and my room was ready straight away.

The quality of the room was excellent. Great size, excellently appointed, huge balcony. Absolutely no complaints. That was until the night. I was on the second floor above the function rooms/suites and there was a wedding on for two nights which went on until 3am. The noise was bad and on the second night I phoned guest services. I was immediately reassigned a new room and fresh fruit was supplied as a way of apology (small thing, but a nice touch).

If there were things that stand out they would be:

1. Location: It is literally across the road from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa.
2. Service: The level, quality and genuine interest in guests was outstanding and would stand up against any five star hotel I have ever stayed in.
3. The food: The Pergolas restaurant had a different themed buffet each night at a set rate (very reasonable) which included some drinks. The quality of the different styles of fod was mind blowing. If I new how they did it I would replicate in London, Paris and Barcelona and retire early and rich!
4. The Double Decker Pub: This is as close I have have come to a true English pub outside of the UK. Great food and drink. You have to be in 40C heat to appreciate how good ice cold, draft cider can taste. A real gem.
5. Hotel Internet/wi-fi: Quite simply put this was blistering quick. For those of us that rely on such things on business trips, you will apreciate this.

I also took advantage of the club facilities on the fourteenth floor. This is a quiet haven for meetings, breakfast, etc. As a little note, if you walk to the end of the corridor on the fourteenth floor and look out of the window, the view of the Burj Khalifa is amazing.

This undoubtedly will become my base for all future trips to Dubai and I wholeheatedly recommend it. Rotana seem to have found a very good recipe for accomodation and service.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, premium rooms are worth the price difference.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JonahAJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel is down town opposite the Dubai Mall,It was our first time in Dubai so the Al Murooj suited us fine. the taxi,s were so cheap we were able to do all the sightseeing we wanted from here. The breakfast was very good with an excellent choice of food, the service in the hotel from the minute we arrived could not be faulted. Our rooms were large, clean and comfortable, pool area nice, spa gets booked up very quickly we would love to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is a very classy hotel with a lovely pool and great food. Both breakfast and lunch buffet was nice.
If you want a non-smoking room, make sure you stress this as I still ended up with a smoker room in spite of ordering a non-smoking. I did get a new room in a coupke of hours. Staff is helpful and polite, and the conference rooms are clean and great to use. Make sure to be careful with the air-conditioning as the difference between outside and inside temperature tends to be enough to give you a cold.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

A friend of mine gave me a voucher for a one night stay at this hotel. We informed the hotel when we made the reservation that we will only arrive at around 4pm as my husband and I are working. We requested for a classic room with one king size bed and non-smoking.

When we got there, they had to look for an available room despite the late check-in. They asked if we can wait for an hour while they prepare the room. We had no problem with that as we spent the hour in the lobby. After an hour, we checked back only to find out that the room they were supposedly preparing had two single beds. So they asked if we can wait another half hour. We were a bit unhappy with this but we didn't really show our disappointment.

I believe they felt bad about the situation so in return, they gave us complimentary breakfast for two at Pergolas, which we thought was a very nice gesture. We checked in and the room was very nice and clean. The staff are very friendly and would greet you whenever they see the guests.

Had dinner at Double Decker and ordered the double decker burger and the baby back ribs. Food was average. I had better ribs at Billy Blues (Rydges Hotel) but my husband thinks otherwise.

Overall, we had a nice one-day getaway at Al Murooj and the breakfast was just great!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Your comments and concerns in regards to your stay have been noted and shared with all concerned Team Members in the Hotel. It was further a pleasure to read that our employees were courteous and friendly and breakfast was offered as a gesture for the delayed check in.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Spoiler alert, I had my situation there. I booked a club non-smoking room. Yet, was given a smoking non-club room. Their rationale that I arrived late. I argued that my room should've been booked for me especially that I have fully paid for it through a travel agency, but who cares. Great location less than 3 minutes driving from Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa across the highway. Sheikh Zayed Rd is very close with all the towers. The hotel manager called me later apologizing offering me great offer to pay me back for the checking-in mistakes. Didn't test it yet as it is not timely constraint, so will see the next time I'm there with the family.

• Stayed March 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FahadDM
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience. With the same note we would like to apologize for not being able to accommodate your room preference request. Our Team Members are doing their utmost to meet guest expectations and I therefore truly sorry we were not able to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room. Please rest assured this has been addressed. We sincerly do hope you will visit us again and make use of our offer.
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is ver strategically located bang opposite the Dubai mall and the monstrous Burj Khalifa. Makes it convenient for shopping or even to have a dinner, if you were to escape the monotony of the hotel, and yet not venture far. The staff are polite and helpful. The first time that I had stayed in this hotel, in 2006, when they had just opened, it was in the midst of nowhere. Surrounded by tower cranes, the Dubai mall and the Burj were all under construction- so it has come a far way since then.

The downsides to the hotel are : poor wifi signal in the rooms, a temperature control system in the room which doesnt want to work at anything above 21C, and very predictable buffet spread for lunch.

We had a special group booking rate and hence it was good VFM, wouldnt know how competitive the rack rates are though.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the Burj and preferably on the 5th floor (if you are non-smoker)
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
limassol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Very good location-5 min walk to Dubai mall,,Burj al Khalifa too,choice room with pool view for quiet,pool has magnificent look with garden also, separable way to pool for men & women,to gym & sauna, to, breakfast area is small,but breakfast is excellent, helpful stuff,good restaurant ,no free internet even in lobby

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family