“One week in Dubai with no WiFi access”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #109 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The hotel was of a very good standard. The rooms were a lovely size, the bathroom was impeccable & the staff were most helpful & friendly. Being across the road from Dubai Mall was also a major attraction for the fashionista in me.

The only downside was that they still charge for use of the WiFi. Given the rates charged for a stay, I feel that the WiFi should have been made available for free at certain times of the day at least.

• Stayed: April 2012
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know your stay was comfortable on the overall. Your suggestion on the Internet charges have been noted.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again to the Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

There are newer reviews for Roda Al Murooj

Reviewed 18 May 2012

very good haotel with a very nice pool area.There isn't many nice center hotel with a nice pool in Dubai. When you go for business you look for a nice pool to soend an hour or two but many nice hotel has a so small pool. It is so convenient location work the world trade center. very good breakfast only thing that I can complain is the air condition. the hotel is always very cold and you fell going out and getting warm after you stay in the Lobby or restaurant. very nice spa area and nice service.

Room Tip: better you have the higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback and are glad to read that on the overall you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This trip was not a holiday really - had to exit Doha for a few days for visa confusions. So what started off as a stay for 2 days quick hop stretched to 8! Anyone who's arrived new into Qatar will relate with this!

Reservation was arranged through a travel agent and extending our initial 2 day stay was quite a nightmare. But the hotel was fantastic in assisting us with this - I have to thank their front office manager Samy for this. All the hotel staff we interacted with were quite courteous & helpful.

The hotel is quite nice - rooms are practical and service is very professional. Dubai Mall is about a 10 min walk. Breakfast is great but for the number of flies at the pergola terrace. What we liked best was the lounge as part of club rotana. There's tea between 3 - 530 and cocktails between 7 - 1030 - plus sumptuous canapés. So get yourself a club room - it's worth it.

But the hotel's not so hot for families with small children - my son's 2 and wasn't too impressed with our daily couple of hours at the lounge. It would've been nice if the hotel had some indoor play area for the kids - there is an outdoor play area though but away from the main hotel. The Pool is quite small and is not easy getting to. So my kids were not very happy with their stay.

There are a choice of restaurants and the Indian restaurant we tried had some amazing food. On the whole it was a nice stay and frequent trips to Dubai Mall kept the kids happy too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Thank you very much for posting a review following your stay with us. We are sorry to hear your kids did not enjoy their stay with us and we have noted your comments in this regard. We are, however, glad that the trips to the Dubai Mall made us for the lack of an indoor children playground.
On a more positive note, we are pleased to read that on the overall you enjoyed your stay and you appreciated the helpfulness of Sami. Your comment has been shared with Sami.
We are looking forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Dubai after a 16 hour flight. I had taken note of some of the comments from trip advisor and I put as a comment on my booking not to put me on the second floor next to the bar. I had first booked the hotel as a classic room.

It was quite funny as when I showed and told them not to put me on the second floor the guy at the reception smiled. I was offered an upgrade to club rotana for extra 200 dirrahms a night. This was good considering breakfast is 105 and from 7:30 - 9:30 you get unlimited alcohol drinks and food nibbles and also free Internet. And it also meant I was secured a high floor. Club rotana members won't ever be put on floor 2!

The rooms are very comfortable. The beds are soft that your body will sink into with big cuddly pillows. The service to your room is good. My room was always cleaned unlike some of the comments I have seen on here.

The location is good. You are next to Dubai mall and Burj khalifa. You do have to cross a highway, but it is controlled by lights so don't worry.

The pool is nice but it is a shame you cannot use the lower pool. That would really score points for this hotel.

The service in pergolas for breakfast was great however a few times I got out of my seat to get more food at the buffet only to find my table had been given to someone else when I came back! It seems they need a better way to track when people have left pergolas.

On my last day, I had a flight at 2:30 am. Check out time is 12:00 pm. The hotel was nice enough to allow me to use the showers in the gym before I left.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to a friend and recommend anyone reding this to book at this hotel. I would probably stay at another hotel just to try all the other hotels out there, but I would recommend this hotel for anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Agentx64
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you very much for chosing to stay with the Al Murooj Rotana during your recent visit to Dubai. We are glad to read that on the overall you have enjoyed yoru stay. We have further your comments and recommendations on service improvements in particular in Pergolas Restaurant during Breakfast. Our Food and Beverage Team will be working on the latter. Once again thank you very much for your comments and it would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Hotel was big, shiny and beautiful, but had no personality. I stayed there with my family and for four persons we got a room with three beds (we had a reservatin for four). When we asked for extra bed, we would have to pay extra. Breakfast was awesome, anything you wished. In my opinion, hotel is perfect for business and people without children. But if you travel with kids, this hotel is certainly not a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Petra3000
Reviewed 29 April 2012

my friend and i had a great holiday here recently. we stayed in the club rooms and enjoyed the facilities they had to offer. the food was excellant and the service was superb. the walk to the dubai mall was fine and not as scarey as some reviewers wrote! would def stay here again. thank you for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: upgrade to club well worth the wee bit extra
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kinrosslady
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

We very much appreciate your positing on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Murooj Rotana Dubai.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

we had a triple club room on the 11th floor (1147) with the club room you get transfer from teh airport and back. as soon as we arrived someone was there with a sign with my name everything went very smooth took us to the car and staight to the hotel. we did check in in the club lounge Anastasia was there very kindly arrange a nice room and finish all the paper work very quice.
breakfast was really nice also the afternoon tea and pre-dinner coctails the employs in the clun lounge (and all around the hotel) were great always smiling and ready to help . the pool is very nice (the residents pool is a little bit warmer) take towels from the hotels pool the residents pool have no towels. we had food by the hotel pool and was great (amazing burger and shrimps squer). the spa is good and the facial very nice .Everything was really good . To walk to the Mall is a little tricky (the people there drive like crazy!) but not that bad ... a good choise

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ANGELA,GREECE
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

It was a pleasure reading your comments on TripAdvisor and we would like to thank you for your stay at the Al Murooj Rotana. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and our team members,in particular Anastasia, were friendly and efficient. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.