“Top hotel in Dubai *****” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #79 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
“Top hotel in Dubai *****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel with all the facility's, fantastic location me n the wife enjoyed our stay defenetly would stay again. The rooms with the pool view is wow very picturesc.
Great breakfast lots to choose from didt have dinner there but had lots of chose of cuisines.
Burj khalifa 15 mins & Dubai mall 10 min walk across the road. Overall 5 star for sure.

• Stayed May 2012
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thank you very much for choosing the Al Murooj during your revent visit to Dubai. We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your short stay with the hotel. We are looking forward to being of service to you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lusaka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We arrived at 7.30am and were aware that check-in time is 2pm. However this was not a problem and we were immediately found a room.

Good value for money clean and comfortable rooms,very friendly and helpful staff. Shower over the bath, and not a seperate cubicle but this was fine as far as we were concerned.The last night we went to the sea food night, drinks, as much as you want (alcoholic) were included.More food than we could possibly eat and many varieties of fish, prawns and lobster. Excellent value for money. OveralI would not hesitation in recommending this excellent hotel. The Dubai Mall is about 10 minutes walk, this is across the road albeit there are two highways to cross. We walked it once but took a cab other times. Due to the road layout the cab trip back is twice as long as the journey of about 5 minutes to the mall.

Did not use the swimming pool, but it looked good and there is a good gym. The location of some of the other restuarants in the hotel complex was not too apparent.

I only eat breakfast once my wife decided not to do so. A good selection of food but I did find breakfast to be expensive. Cheaper alternatives are available at the Dubai Mall.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and would certainly stay there again if in Dubai.

Transport to the airport at 6.15am on our day of departure was arranged and prompt, we were at the airport in about 15minutes.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th Floor a non smoking floor which overlooked the road at the front of the hotel. No...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your trip to Dubai as well as your stay with us.
We very much appreciate your detailed feedback and are looking forward to being your host again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

The hotel was of a very good standard. The rooms were a lovely size, the bathroom was impeccable & the staff were most helpful & friendly. Being across the road from Dubai Mall was also a major attraction for the fashionista in me.

The only downside was that they still charge for use of the WiFi. Given the rates charged for a stay, I feel that the WiFi should have been made available for free at certain times of the day at least.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know your stay was comfortable on the overall. Your suggestion on the Internet charges have been noted.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again to the Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

very good haotel with a very nice pool area.There isn't many nice center hotel with a nice pool in Dubai. When you go for business you look for a nice pool to soend an hour or two but many nice hotel has a so small pool. It is so convenient location work the world trade center. very good breakfast only thing that I can complain is the air condition. the hotel is always very cold and you fell going out and getting warm after you stay in the Lobby or restaurant. very nice spa area and nice service.

Room Tip: better you have the higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback and are glad to read that on the overall you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel.
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

This trip was not a holiday really - had to exit Doha for a few days for visa confusions. So what started off as a stay for 2 days quick hop stretched to 8! Anyone who's arrived new into Qatar will relate with this!

Reservation was arranged through a travel agent and extending our initial 2 day stay was quite a nightmare. But the hotel was fantastic in assisting us with this - I have to thank their front office manager Samy for this. All the hotel staff we interacted with were quite courteous & helpful.

The hotel is quite nice - rooms are practical and service is very professional. Dubai Mall is about a 10 min walk. Breakfast is great but for the number of flies at the pergola terrace. What we liked best was the lounge as part of club rotana. There's tea between 3 - 530 and cocktails between 7 - 1030 - plus sumptuous canapés. So get yourself a club room - it's worth it.

But the hotel's not so hot for families with small children - my son's 2 and wasn't too impressed with our daily couple of hours at the lounge. It would've been nice if the hotel had some indoor play area for the kids - there is an outdoor play area though but away from the main hotel. The Pool is quite small and is not easy getting to. So my kids were not very happy with their stay.

There are a choice of restaurants and the Indian restaurant we tried had some amazing food. On the whole it was a nice stay and frequent trips to Dubai Mall kept the kids happy too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you very much for posting a review following your stay with us. We are sorry to hear your kids did not enjoy their stay with us and we have noted your comments in this regard. We are, however, glad that the trips to the Dubai Mall made us for the lack of an indoor children playground.
On a more positive note, we are pleased to read that on the overall you enjoyed your stay and you appreciated the helpfulness of Sami. Your comment has been shared with Sami.
We are looking forward to being of service to you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Dubai after a 16 hour flight. I had taken note of some of the comments from trip advisor and I put as a comment on my booking not to put me on the second floor next to the bar. I had first booked the hotel as a classic room.

It was quite funny as when I showed and told them not to put me on the second floor the guy at the reception smiled. I was offered an upgrade to club rotana for extra 200 dirrahms a night. This was good considering breakfast is 105 and from 7:30 - 9:30 you get unlimited alcohol drinks and food nibbles and also free Internet. And it also meant I was secured a high floor. Club rotana members won't ever be put on floor 2!

The rooms are very comfortable. The beds are soft that your body will sink into with big cuddly pillows. The service to your room is good. My room was always cleaned unlike some of the comments I have seen on here.

The location is good. You are next to Dubai mall and Burj khalifa. You do have to cross a highway, but it is controlled by lights so don't worry.

The pool is nice but it is a shame you cannot use the lower pool. That would really score points for this hotel.

The service in pergolas for breakfast was great however a few times I got out of my seat to get more food at the buffet only to find my table had been given to someone else when I came back! It seems they need a better way to track when people have left pergolas.

On my last day, I had a flight at 2:30 am. Check out time is 12:00 pm. The hotel was nice enough to allow me to use the showers in the gym before I left.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to a friend and recommend anyone reding this to book at this hotel. I would probably stay at another hotel just to try all the other hotels out there, but I would recommend this hotel for anyone else.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Agentx64
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you very much for chosing to stay with the Al Murooj Rotana during your recent visit to Dubai. We are glad to read that on the overall you have enjoyed yoru stay. We have further your comments and recommendations on service improvements in particular in Pergolas Restaurant during Breakfast. Our Food and Beverage Team will be working on the latter. Once again thank you very much for your comments and it would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the not to distant future.
Celje, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Hotel was big, shiny and beautiful, but had no personality. I stayed there with my family and for four persons we got a room with three beds (we had a reservatin for four). When we asked for extra bed, we would have to pay extra. Breakfast was awesome, anything you wished. In my opinion, hotel is perfect for business and people without children. But if you travel with kids, this hotel is certainly not a good choice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family