“A Great hotel!”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #109 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Al Murooj is a great hotel very centrally located. The staff are very friendly and helpful. From our room we had a view of the Burg Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. The rooms are a good size and all the pools were a hit with my grandsons. A beautifully maintained hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Valued Traveller,

I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Murooj Rotana.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

No really..? What more could you want?! Helpful staff, luxurious rooms and bathrooms, pub attached to the premises and Dubai Mall across the road where you can also get the hop on hop off bus. Loved this place! Good value for such a high standard. Thanks Al Marooj Rotana!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne E
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Mrs. Anne,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Al Murooj was a great Hotel to stay at. Very friendly, helpful staff who made you feel special. Large, clean, comfortable room which was well serviced and stocked. A 10 min walk to Dubai Mall, trains, buses. Would definitely stay again when in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mr. Robin,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything in the hotel is great. the staff, the food, the service, the rooms and the facilities. I go there for both business and pleasure and they never fail to impress me. Having stayed in a lot of hotels in a lot of different countries, i can honestly say that this hotel is one of the top ones.

The hotel is also conveniently located (walking distance) to the Dubai Mall and Burj Tower. Plenty of great restaurants within a few minutes cab ride.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor (Club level) will not disappoint.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Valued Traveler,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip for a couple of nights and found the hotel to be of a very high standard with really excellent attentive service. The rooms are very comfortable with big luxurious beds, the rooms size is adequate - the room overlooked a construction site so don't expect any spectacular views over Dubai in the near future.

I had some down time and noted that the pool was not particularly big, not really a swimmers pool so I had lunch and a few drinks in the bar and the food and service were very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mr. David,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I travel to Dubai almost twice a year and always stay in a different hotel. This one is the worse by far.
I requested a room with a view, in a high floor in advance. They gave me their second floor (#5) facing a highway and a construction site!
The room was well equipped but too small; specially considering Dubai's standards.
After my complain, the day after they changed my room; but to a lower floor with a slightly better view (to a roof).
The pool is not nice not big, and its access from the gym is through several stairs.
Room service was very good.

I chose this hotel due to its location with respect to the Dubai Mall, but I made a bad decision. It's located too close to take a taxi, and not close enough to walk there (around 7 blocks) in the summer (unless you are ok arriving soaked).

They charge for the internet access. What a poor policy! We are in 2014.

The personnel was very courteous, polite and professional at all times. They did they best to satisfy my needs, but the infrastructure isn't there.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alejandro A
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Mr. Alejandro,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Al Murooj Rotana posted on TripAdvisor.

Your valued feedback and suggestions are important for us to improve continuously our service quality as our goal is not only to meet but even exceed our guests’ expectations.

With much regret we learnt that your stay was not an entirely satisfactory one for which we sincerely wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused. In regards to the room allocation, requests are subject to availability. Please be assured that our team does their utmost best to accommodate wishes. Internet is not included in our room rate as to give the guest a choice of purchase. We are glad, however, that you found our colleagues attentive and helpful though.

The Dubai Mall is located diagonal across the hotel and to reach via 2 traffic lights.

Again, we regret that your stay at Al Murooj did not fully meet your expectations, however, hope nevertheless to welcome you at another opportunity.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

From the moment I arrived the staff were courteous and polite and couldn't do enough to help me settle in and enjoy my stay. Perhaps a little too attentive at time but that was no problem. Staff greeting me at all times and made me feel a valued guest. Only issue I had was a requirement for me to change my room due to essential work required. This was inconvenient and unnecessary in my view. But relocate was handled with efficiency.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr. Craig,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us. Your comment in regards to the room move due to renovation work is noted and addressed. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.