“Impressive overall, but some quirks”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #8 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Brussels, Belgium
“Impressive overall, but some quirks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

As you'd expect at a Hyatt, very comfortable rooms, efficient, friendly service and pleasant dining/bar areas. The corporate rate we paid was very reasonable and it's very convenient for the airport. Just a few issues - why do Hyatt hotels always seem to have such complicated showers? It took what seemed an eternity to figure out how to get a strong, hot shower - the taps weren't self-explanatory and the system wasn't explained in the hotel guide. I also has to summon help to increase the strength of the air conditioning. And one final thing, the signage could be better to help you get from rooms to the lobby. The lift tells you which floor to get too, but then you're abandoned - and it's a big hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Traveler232009, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!
We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s location, rooms and the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product which have been noted and will be looked into.
We do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in a future visit.
With kind regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

As one of the most exciting destinations in the world, Dubai has consistently been on the travel itineraries of both the wealthy and business elite around the globe. As such, it can be understood why some of the best hotels in the world call this Emirate home. With ratings with so many stars, that distant galaxies find themselves jealous, these hotels are TRULY the best in the world. Having been to Dubai several times, many years ago, this was my first stay at the Dubai Park Hyatt. To put things in perspective, I am Hyatt Diamond member, who was a Platinum at the time of my stay, as such I will cover from my check in, to check out.

The reservation process was done through the Hyatt.com website. I originally booked a standard king room, but upon arrival, made the decision to upgrade to a "Spa Suite." The entire staff, was not only friendly, and knowledgeable, but always eager to help. I have learned over time, that the heart and soul of many hotels, are not just the management and desk staff, but really the support staff. The bell hops, the room service, house keeping, even the pool and spa attendees, really help you feel what the "culture" is at hotel. The bell staff that carried my luggage to the room was very pleasant to talk to.

As we went to the room, I could not help but to be struck by the attention to detail that is all over the property. From the wood accents, nature paths in the gardens, art work around the hotel, even the classic clock that is by the vanity sink in the room, the details were well pronounced. The addressed, hand-written welcome letter from the manager in the room was a great touch that is often looked over in this day of electronic communication. I loved the the fact that there was a bowl of fruit and individual brew coffee and teas that was ready, and welcomed after such a long travel day.

The entire property has rooms that all face the Dubai Creek as well as the beautiful Dubai skyline. As I stood out on the balcony of my room, I learned that if the traffic in Dubai is too much for you, you can get to the hotel via seaplane. Walking around the hotel, makes me not want to call this property a hotel at all, but in essence a resort!

The spa suite was every bit as relaxing as can be, with my only request would be some aroma therapy oils for use and maybe a way to have some music either available to be piped in, whether via iPod connection or remotely. There may have been something and I might have just simply overlooked it.

As far as dining, I did breakfast during my stay at one of the restaurants on the property. While set up as a buffet, the availability of cooked to order items, added a very sophisticated touch. Belgian waffles, Eggs Benedict, smoked salmon and other items were included. The juices are as fresh as can be. The view from the terrace, overlooking the bay is absolutely AMAZING!

One evening, I did go down by the Marina to have a meal. I tend to eat dessert first, and just LOVED how the presentation of the cheesecake arrived. The beer was as cold as can be, and the meal was great. The only drawback was the calamari, which happens more times than not, was probably 30 seconds to a minute over cooked and had a slight rubbery texture. Other than that, everything was great.

Getting around Dubai can be a bit tricky. While you can get metered city cabs to come and pick you up, the hotel has their own cab service which are truly limousine quality. Large SUVs and luxury sedans are available at a moment's notice. My only caution to you, is that it is better to arrange directly with the hotel any pickup times and locations than with the driver. I was charged for almost 2 hours of "waiting" by a driver that was to pick me up at the mall across the highway from the hotel, which takes less than 5 minutes to get to. I noticed this on checkout, and the hotel staff was gracious in removing the charge. In the future, I will just have the hotel send me a car.

And I do stress, "IN THE FUTURE," because I plan for the Park to be one of my regular stops when traveling through Dubai. Close to the airport, and right on one of the best golf courses in the world, this property will be one of my favorites. The beds are comfortable, rooms are EXCEPTIONALLY clean with little to no dust anywhere (IN THE DESERT!).

If I was a Hyatt executive, I would push to make this property one of the FEATURE properties world wide. While I have spent several nights in the Andaz properties, this Park property rivals them in many ways.

In closing, I do want to add. When I first went to Dubai some 10 years ago, in my twenties, I enjoyed the thriving and exciting night life that the Dubai had to offer. Whether it was out in town or at the local hotels, the party always seemed to never stop. Now, when I go to my hotels, it is to get away from the noise and action and to rest. The weekend that I was at this property, I believe their occupancy was in the neighborhood of about 96%. Yet, the property was amazingly quite, with only the sound of birds throughout most of the day.

Thank you to the staff of the Park Hyatt Dubai for making this trip memorable.

Leighton DaCosta
Photographer

Room Tip: All rooms face the water and have a balcony or patio. I prefer to be on higher floors, and if possib...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Leightnite

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's product in such great detail and please rest assured that all your comments have been taken under consideration. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel andt the positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Great value if using a Diamond Suite Ugrade, the staff simply know how to estimate your needs. Also, arguably still the best brunch in Dubai on the Fridays. I like the rooms, the quality and feel of the place, the cost effective hotel car service (and if you book a suite, they will provide free airport transfers). The choice of restaurants excellent and breakfast and lunch in the main restaurant is of very high quality.

It's easy to see why this is a Park Hyatt. Great staff, very friendly, nothing too much trouble and the consummate professionals in their service delivery. I stay here for business and leisure and they are always great.

Room Tip: Build 3 (which is closest to the lobby). Rooms have a quirky numbering system. The first number is t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Park Hyatt D, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 20 December 2012

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed 3 nights in October 2012. Incredible reception staff. Very happy and welcoming. Large hotel with a boutique, intimate feel. Great breakfast. Rooms were sparkling. Rain shower was very impressive. Great location. Cabs always available. Pool was stunning to look at. Gym was never crowded. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water. So exciting to hear Arabic prayers across the river. Made our...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's attentiveness and friendliness of our team, as well as the rooms of the hotel and the swimming pool and gym area. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Checked in for one night in the spa suite with access to the garden and the creek. The room was well proportioned and included a private steam room which was lots of fun when we figured out how to use it.

We used the Amara spa and then dined at Traiteur and the experience was exceptionally good.

There were a few hiccups; guest services forgot to have a bouquet of flowers which I'd ordered waiting for us in our room and an unseasonably long time before anyone answered a phone but we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt being our first over night stay here and put this down to high capacity at the hotel. The Terrace where we stopped at for a aperatif before heading down to dinner was wrapping up their Friday brunch and you had the usual crowd of loud, boorish stragglers who were so raucous that we couldn't hear ourselves talk.

That said, I should re-emphasize that overall impression was that when you were in the hands of the staff they were extremely warm and will go the extra mile to fulfill almost any request (within reason) and the only reason this isn't getting an excellent rating is because of the delays reaching someone (the noisy bunch at the Terrance could certainly never be the hotels fault).

All in all, a wonderful weekend and we will certainly be coming back for more.

Room Tip: Ask for the spa suite room on the ground floor which opens out to the gardens and the walkway along...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s room product and the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product and please note that we will take your comments under serious consideration.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Dubai.
with kind regards
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

My recent business trip to Dubai was rather unpleasant and disapointing. That being said, the hotel was gracious enough to respond to my guest feedback form and therein offered a potential solution to remidy the faults I had listed. I cannot confirm the effectiveness of the resulting outcome, however it is promising and therefore warrants some credit, details of which I will elude to at the end.

The start of the trip was okay, however the cracks in the hotel chain of communication began right from the start. I was in the process of checking in when I proceeded to ask for a swift pressing service to rejuvinate my suit after travelling. My suit was taken away and I was told that it would be ready within 30 minutes. I made it quite clear for the necessity to stick to the timings as my meeting was taking place within one hour from that time. To cutr a long story short, 45 minutes passed and despite numerous attempts to ascertain the exact whereabouts of my suit from the reception staff, no one seemed to know and all I was told was that the suit was in transit between the reception, the house keeping and my room. Funnily enough, the suit had been in the room the whole time. One might ask why I didn't check in the first place. The answer to that is due to the fact that I was staying in room 4308. That means that I was in the farthest reaches of the vast hotel grounds, therein constituting a 10-15 minute walk to and from the reception.

I was finally able to make the meeting with minutes to spare. We were sat on the first terrace overlooking the marina and by 1730hrs, the drunk expats started rolling in their droves, some of whom almost caused serious injury to themselves whilst attempting to negotiate the long stairwell to the marina bar. Suffice to say, this was not remotely reminiscent of the Dubai I was used to, rather more so of the 'lagerlout' Magaluf I have heard of...

To add insult to injury, the hotel paying guests were subjected to the increased projected vulgarity from the drunkards walking in off the street and making great use of the alcohol at the bar. I was trying to enjoy my glass of red wine with my meal, however the tranquility was regularly interrupted by the free use of swearing and sexual connotations from several areas in the restaurant area. So much so, that at one point a random man got on the stage and began to sing an inebriated rendition of Rod Stewart's 'If you think I'm sexy' whilst exposing his rotund stomach to the increasingly excitable leather skinned 'cougars' dispersed amongst the dining area like hungry lionesses on the prowl. I ended my meal as fast as possible in order to get out the way. I was disapointed as I had specifically chosen a 5 star hotel in order to avoid the usual ramblings on of hotels at the lower end of the scale. I guess one really shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

I could spend a while listing the faults with the hotel from the rooms, the internet connection and the general hotel facilities/grounds, however this would probably not be fair. Mainly due to the fact that I only spent one night at the hotel. Perhaps this was the worst night of them all and I happened to land in the thick of it all. I always try to remain objective and therefore decided to afford the hotel a chance to redeem themselves.

I received an e-mail requesting my time to complete the customer satisfaction servay. I did so, and therein gladly listed the plethora of flaws. To be honest, I did not expect them to read it, let alone act upon it. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a response from the head of hospitality with a very fair gesture of good will as a means to redeem themselves. As expected, the usual apologise were made and I am intrigued to see if they will follow through on their suggested 'solution'.

That being said, I would highly recommend that you consider the following prior to booking with this alleged 5 star hotel.

1) The rooms are spread throughout the hotel on a very large footprint.

2) The 3rd floor is the main/entry floor level, therefore worth considering as the only room option for any disabled guests.

3) Although intermitent, the internet on the grounds is free, however this is not the case for the rooms. Paying guests must pay an additional charge for the 'privilege'.

5) The rooms are not value for money and most certainly do not reflect what you would expect to get in return. Especially in a 5 star hotel.

4) The hotel is worth your while for a short overnight stay, however I highly recommend you consider alternative 5 star hotels for prolonged periods of stay.

5) Be aware of 'Brunch Fridays'. This is the day the embarrassingly drunk expats decide to tarnish the reputation of the rest of us expats...

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk for quite a distance if situated away from the central entry point. Either way...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ram P
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to address the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at Park Hyatt Dubai during your recent stay.
We will be taking all your comments into consideration for our future improvement plans and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai for a much better stay experience.
With kind regards,

Mombasa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Several times I stayed in the Hotel just for a break between flights but this time my husband and I spent a few days in the Hotel and we just loved it.
Conveniently situated near the Airport and also not far from the city center it is the nicest city hotel I know. Although the hotel is huge, thanks to the setting with several courtyards and buildings it gives the impression of an Arabic settlement and it never feels crowded.
The view from each room towards the creek and the city with the burj Khalifa is stunning..
The entire staff is extremely helpful, competent and friendly. The service is outstanding.
The breakfast is excellent; no better way to start the day.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped, the bathrooms are stylish, my favourit is the shower!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's location, room product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.