“Awkward location and lack of empathy”
Review of Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #9 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Awkward location and lack of empathy”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is awkwardly located on the old Dubai creek near the airport. For business or pleasure trips to Dubai, this makes it an effort to travel anywhere and can be quite difficult to return to (I hate battling traffic after a long day). The hotel entrance is on a major intersection and is very difficult to navigate. Once through the hotel gates it is a pleasant oasis and comfortable. Verdict - chose this hotel if you plan on staying in the hotel for your entire stay. If you want to see the numerous sights of Dubai, stay elsewhere as this is far away from the action.

While at the hotel in late November, there was a death in my family and I had to cut my business trip short. I advised the hotel immediately of this fact. Later that day after returning from meetings I received a curt note from the front desk advising that I would have to pay for my entire original stay. I called the front desk and advised of my circumstances (death in the family) and was transferred to a manager. What followed was a rather unpleasant conversation where the German manager basically told me he wasn't bothered with why I had to cut my trip short. I told him the booking was not pre-paid nor contained such restrictions and he called me back later to advise I was correct and could leave early without penalty. No condolences, no human touch, no basic decency. When I remarked at how unpleasant the experience had been given my circumstances, he sent me a note. To quote bugs bunny, what a maroon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank spicycaesar
AngelaChristo, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!

First and foremost on behalf of all of us here, we would like to express our sincerest apologies and condolences for the loss of your relative.

We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s comfort and overall pleasant environment. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

With regards to the issues faced with Front Office, thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. We have taken note of the incident and will be looking into it further.

Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. It's not in the heart of the city where the action/noise is. It's more like a relaxing oasis. It's green and sitting outside in the early morning having breakfast is delightful. Has a nice pool and well equipped gym. Also for those with late night or early morning flights it's just 15 min from the airport. Highly recommend. The lower floor has a little outside areas where on can relax and look across the creek. The only downside is you may feel exposed by passers by. Highly recommend this hotel for those who want nature and nurture rather than the noise of the big city.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's location and overall atmosphere as well as our pool and gymnasium facilities. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Four of us arrived at the Park Hyatt at about 8.30am, having endured a 20 hour flight from Christchurch with refuelling stops at Sydney and Bangkok. Even given the time, we were able to check into our rooms right away which enabled us to start chillaxing by getting into the superb outdoor pool.

Great views as our spacious rooms overlooked the creek and we could see the Burj Khalifa in the distance from our window. The rooms were big with a balcony. The bathroom was odd with only an arch leading from the bedroom; although the loo and shower had opaque glass doors. Nevertheless, as the clothes storage was also off the bathroom it was difficult to access if you were trying to give privacy to a person using the loo! We also wondered if clothes might get damp from the steam. As well as double sinks there was a shower and a separate big bath.

Nice toiletries and free water plus an espresso machine and coffees and teas in the room.

As the hotel is big with separate wings I found myself geting lost going to my room from Reception, even on the 3rd morning. Better signs would be helpful.

The bed was one of those with a hard wood surround so my calves took a couple of knocks when I walked too close to a corner. Plus the hotel is located a 15 minute walk from the metro - although the hotel staff will run you most of the way in an electric car if it's available.

The hotel breakfasts were superb in terms of quality and choice.

On our leaving day, as our flights were not til 2.30am, the hotel offered use of its spa for showering and changing after our last day out in Dubai, altho this had to be before 10pm when it closed. As we were leaving for the airport at 11 this was fine.

Our bill showed that we had been charged for a breakfast on our arrival day, which we did not have. The member of staff removed it from the bill. But when were had been checking in we had overheard a man checking out deny he'd eated dinner in the hotel the night before but had been charged. I wonder if these are regular hotel errors or guests quoting incorrect room numbers to the waiting staff?

Overall the service was fantastic, the staff cannot do enough for you. A lovely end to our holiday.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the creek - great views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank StellaCaroline
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s speedy check-in, pool facilities and room product & amenities. alongside the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

With regards to the washroom facilities and hotel signage, we thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. We have taken note of the issues and will be looking into them further.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai!

Berkshire
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a deluxe room which was lovely. A huge comfortable bed with quality linen, complimentary fresh fruit daily and plenty of bottled water. A large bathroom, great shower, 2 sinks, big bath we loved the open wardrobe in the bathroom really created a dressing room feeling. The terrace was great aswell. All the staff were excellent but the staff at the pool went above and beyond to give exceptional service to make sure everyone could enjoy the stunning area. They discretely managed the parents who let their kids run riot around the pool and also kept an eye on the kids. Very sad to see I hope they were tipped well especially from the ones who after their child was a bit sick near the water sat back and watched it being cleaned up. The grounds are spread out so you don't hemmed in. The spa area is to die for. A wonderful stay we will be back.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe for the size and the terrace
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and spa faciliies as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Doha
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and from arriving to leaving, staff were very pleasant. Rooms are spacious, bathroom great, bed comfy and sheets silky smooth. If we had one complaint it would be that the wardrobe is oddly placed - in the bathroom. But we'll be back for sure.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Albert59Doha

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This property oozes luxury. We stayed for 4 nights in room 1419 (a Deluxe room - the 'mid range' room) from 17 Nov. The room overlooked the creek, had a balcony, a truly excellent bathroom with huge freestanding tub, and v good modern air conditioning. Wifi was free and worked everywhere, there is a nice bar down in front of the marina, and the restaurant Tratieur (see separate review) is also excellent. The pool is terrific and very low key/calm in keeping with the stylish nature of this property. All the staff have obviously been put through "Park Hyatt" school as they were universally very professional and efficient. I usually dont much like buffet breakfasts, but this one is a stand out with a real emphasis on quality and interesting, high end choices (rather than just the bland and 'more is better' problem that often plagues these kinds of breakfasts). I stayed at 3 properties this trip to Dubai (Jumierah Emirates Towers, One & Only Mirage, and here - see my reviews of each). This property and Emirates Towers both get 5 stars - this one is more of a resort, whereas Emirates Towers is probably better for work. I see on the web some people comment adversely about the creek location of this hotel, but we found it was actually much better staying here if you want to explore the old town (as opposed to down at Jumierah beach area) and go for quality dining in or around the creek and the CBD. That said, you could stay either here or at Emirates Towers for either work or business, and be very happy with either. I would definitely stay here again - luxury, style and peace.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zxcbv
AngelaChristo, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 21 November 2013

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

No matter what, Park Hyatt as a brand constantly delivers a unique first-class service across the globe -I have been to many of them. That said, the outstanding performance of Park Hyatt Dubai must be highlighted here. Why? Unlike many other flashy and trendy luxury high-end hotels in Dubai -and I am here only looking at the top 10/15 best luxury hotels, Park Hyatt makes you feel exclusive in an oasis of elegance, refinement, and peacefulness. Every single aspect in the room design and in the service is centred on your well-being. The staff is there but you don't feel or see their presence in the same way as you would elsewhere. When you have a request those I come across made me feel at home anticipating every single aspect of my query which I had not even thought of. The Thai restaurant and the Amara spa are one of the best experiences I ever had. This hotel was built in 2005 right next to the Dubai Creek Golf club, one of the most sought-after locations (this was the place to be already back in 1998 when I lived in the UAE at a time when most of the current Dubai was not built). Thanks to this unique hotel location, you are 'in Dubai' and at the same time you feel like you live in a park close to your private marina, you hear the birds instead of the chaos of construction works or traffic that you usually hear in this bustling city. The fitness club is extremely well maintained with plenty of space and first class equipment. The pool is nice, in a very peaceful green and leafy place and is not crowded. The hotel also handled professionally something which happened to me: I had left some personal items in my room and they arranged for it to be sent to my home address. As a summary, you will have no excuse having not relaxed if you stay at Park Hyatt Dubai!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Oscar K

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's overall elegance, room product, facilities, food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.