“weekend break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Checked in for the weekend with the family in a junior suite. check-in was accomplished in the minimum of time and we were driven off in the elongated golf buggy to the suite. The room was excellent for the four of us;a huge double bed and 2 roll-outs for the boys. The bathroom was a good size and all amenities you could wish for. Balcony was superb looking out on to the beach and the sea.
Over the weekend, although the weather unfortunately wasn't as good as we would have hoped, we managed to play squash, table tennis, badminton and table football. I even managed 9 holes of golf which was good but left me shattered! Only damp side was cutting my feet on shells when coming out of the sea but I guess this is a hazard anywhere!
The restaurants we tried were more than acceptable and the food was to a very high standard. Breakfast was a great start to the day and sufficient to keep us going until late afternoon. The staff were all very courteous and cheerful, but of course, the stars of the show were the peacocks who strut around the place displaying their finery to one and all.
A really enjoyable weekend and one we will be happy to repeat in the future.

Room Tip: all the rooms have a beach view but there was some construction work ongoing not far from our room b...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank leo50fewtrell
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear leo50fewtrell,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa.

It was a pleasure to read your comments that you enjoyed an enjoyable weekend with us staying with your family.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, as well as for the peacocks that are wandering around the resort and for the praise for the breakfast buffet selection.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading, Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at Jebel Ali in Sept 2011 for 9 nights and had such an amazing time that we are returning in May this year, we got a good deal for Palm Tree Court so looking forward to trying the suites however if this deal wasn't so good we would have been equally as happy to stay in Jebel Ali in a garden view room in 200's.
My husband and I could nt believe what you could have on the A.I package, all banded drinks and the wine list never mind a glass they gave you the bottle and the beers, peroni, bud, sol the lst is endless, my husband was in his element. The cocktails are fab too.
Sitting by the swim up bar with a Hagen das tub of ice cream which was included in the A.I package was heaven.
Loved the restaurants, All of them and we are looking forward to trying the new Shooters menu in a few weeks time.
This place is a must, we have been to Dubai 5 times and Jebel Ali beats everywhere else hands down.
All praise to the staff and management team, keep doing what you are doing and we will keep coming back, look forward to seeing you in 3 weeks.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are fine no need to upgrade unless you get a good deal like we did.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sunnyclimes0
Dear sunnyclimes0,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa last year.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the All Inclusive, and felt that it was great as it was flexible for all the restaurants, and for what was included. I am confident that you will enjoy dining in our recently refurbished restaurant Shooters, when you return.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in a few weeks’ time.

Harpenden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed in the Palm Court area of this resort and not the hotel, so i cannot pass any comment on it. It was a wonderful relaxing holiday experience. My husband and I went with our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter of 2 and we asked for our rooms to be near each other. we had one main door which went into a vestibule, which had 2 doors off it, which were our locked rooms, perfect. We paid a little extra for ground floor, so we had a patio each and wooden garden furniture, including sunbeds (all with luxury cushions), on the grass in front, which then led straight onto the beach. We went all inclusive, which was amazing, nothing was excluded, of our requirements, drinks (good brand names) and food and ice-creams. The staff were all lovely and very helpful, especially with our granddaughter's requirements. This is not the Dubai you hear about, this resort is on it's own and very laid back, about half an hour from Dubai city, where we went, with a driver, organised by the hotel, just for a few hours. It was interesting to see, but we preferred our hotel. I could go on and on about what was available, but have a look at their website. We flew to Abu Dabi (45 mins away), a lovely airport, and flew with Etiad, who are excellent. They provide free transfers from your home and hotel with business class.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TinksHarpenden
Dear TinksHarpenden,

It was a pleasure to read your comments that you enjoyed a wonderful vacation, in particular enjoying the All Inclusive package.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, our location as well as for your compliments regarding the associates.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Long drive out to hotel, industrial sites all round area , first room we were in overlooked building work then staff moved us to another room further along . The rooms and staff were excellent and as long as you don't go on beach or are not bothered by views looking out onto concrete blocks then you will be happy. We stayed Saturday and Sunday evening , restaurants exceptionally busy, difficult to book, and on Sunday evening two of the bigger restaurants were closed!!! I think we were slightly unlucky as Saturday seems to be a day when non hotel guests use facilities, which made it exceptionally busy. The hotel manager explained to us that there should have been a warning on the hotel website that there was building work!! We paid an extortionate amount for two nights and left, feeling totally ripped off and wished we hadn't had a stopover on our way back from australia.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor level have doors out to gardens
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kassieopia
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear kassieopia,

You have kindly mentioned that the rooms and the associates who looked after you during your stay were excellent. I was however extremely saddened to read that there where many areas of your stay those were not to your expectations, and you left feeling the resort very disappointed.

I would like to sincerely apologise for any disappointment that you experienced, and despite the above I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the resort by one day returning to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at Palm Tree Court & Spa from 1 April 2012 to 12 April 2012. We had a truly amazing family holiday (me, my husband and our two boys (aged 8 and11). Everything about the resort is truly amazing. We stayed in a ground floor room with our own little garden overlooking the beach. The room was perfect for us, beautiful bathroom, huge bed and the sofa bed pulls down into two single beds. Large flat screen tv with English kiddies channels too. We booked our holiday with Virgin and had the all inclusive package and it was so worth it. The food was brilliant in all of the restaurants, our favourite was Shooters which has recently been rennovated and is like dining in an upmarket steak house. All of the a la carte restaurants were fabulous. We ate almost every lunchtime at Anchors the beach restaurant. All drinks were included apart from champagne and fizzy wine, however this did not bother us, the beers, wine and cocktails were fabulous and a huge variety too. Our boys loved having an icecream at the Swim Up bar with a Shirley Temple Kiddie Cocktail! We did not leave the resort once, we didn't feel we needed too. The swimming pools were the perfect temperature. The peacocks were not a problem to us, we just didn't feed them so they left us alone! The Friday night disco on the beach was great and perhaps the resort could have slightly more outside entertainment in the evening. The building work that is going on did not bother us as we know this has to be done so they can enlarge the resort. Perhaps the kiddie club could be improved more for older children (age 9+), however, I spoke to someone at the resort and they said this was going to be improved. Would just like to say a big thank you to Palm Tree Court and Spa for having us, we had a fabulous time and will definitely be booking for next year. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 375, however if we booked again we would like to stay in Rooms 270-277. Slightly...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sally B
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Sally B,

It was a pleasure to read your comments that you enjoyed an amazing vacation, in particular the All Inclusive package. You have kindly mentioned how you enjoyed Shooters since its refurbishment, and its new menu.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities as well as the temperature of the pools.

Indeed it is correct that we are currently in the process of creating an area for our teenagers to relax and to enjoy, which will be opening very soon, and you will be able to see this upon your next visit!

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed last November for a week with my sister. I was there for relaxation - I was exhausted when I arrived after weeks of problems at work and moving house. The hotel is further out than I thought and the drive from the airport does take a good 50 minutes. It is also right to point out that passing all the industrial areas does put a tiny seed of doubt in your mind! However, arriving as we did late at night we were greeted warmly, driven to our room (huge) and hotfooted it back to the bar before the all inclusive drinks stopped at 2am.

The all inclusive is the winner here - it is properly all inclusive. You can at any of the fine dining restaurants as often as you want throughout your stay. In fact we didn't eat in the buffet restaurant at night any time during our stay. The restaurants are quality (although shooters is a lot lower standard and I would give it a miss). The Asian inspired restaurant and the Italian are out of this world. The drinks that are included are also great (lots of great frozen margaritas)

The people are so friendly - really chatty, they remember you and your order.

The pools re amazing. I was more disappointed with the sea - when we were there, there seemed to be a lot of jelly fish around.

We stuck to the pools, swimming up to the bar and generally relaxing.

The shuttle buses are great and we used them a few times to get to the metro (which is amazingly good and cheap!).

The only other think to note is the peacocks. if like me you are terrified of birds they may concern you. They always seemed to be right where I wanted to go and the fact they can jump so far made me scream a few times.

I left relaxed and refreshed - great welcome from a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank CDBuk
Dear CDBuk,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the All Inclusive, and felt that it was great as it was flexible for all the restaurants. I am pleased to advise you that recently Shooters has undergone an extensive refurbishment, which you will hopefully be able to enjoy on your next visit.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the pools, the shuttle bus service, and also for mentioning how friendly the associates were.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Jebel Ali Hotel still has all the charm ,location and service that it had 35 years ago.
What a pity that the coastline has been ruined by unfinished developments. Still the golfcourse, poolside gardens and beach are well maintained. The open air restaurant serves the best fish and chips in The Gulf !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John W
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear John W,

It was a pleasure to read your comments, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the gardens and the beach area, as well as feeling that our fish and chips are the best in the Gulf.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the near future.