“Memorable holiday”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #30 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We booked a ground floor sea view junior suite in the Palm Tree Court from 2nd to 9th December all inclusive through our travel agent luxuryholidaysto.co.uk. We arrived at the hotel quite early in the morning after a long overnight flight on 1st December. Unfortunately not a good start, we had a long wait as the room had not yet been vacated and had to be cleaned. Our fault, maybe we should have called the hotel ahead to ask for an early check in or the travel agent should have thought this through on our behalf, but we was told on arrival they were fully booked and we would have to wait. We of course understood, but did feel a little disheartened and understandably tired. As I had requested with the travel agent a ground floor sea view junior suite, I was surprised when we started to go up the steps and were shown to our room, which was a 1st floor junior suite, room number 391. However we was not disappointed, 1st floor was probably the better choice as the other suites are overlooked. We quickly settled in, the room was a lovely spacious suite, very clean and yes with a sea view. Well worth the wait.

The food was absolutely wonderful with plenty to choose from, breakfast, lunch and dinner, also a wide range of branded alcohol. You have the standard buffet type restaurant, an Italian a la carte, seafood a la carte, casual dining in Shooters (steak/Mexican) and the golf club house.Top of the class compared to other all inclusive resorts we have stayed at. There was plenty to do to work off the food ;-) and to relax.. I had a wonderful relaxing massage, which I decided to book after having the free head massage. It's nice to try out a therapist before booking, mark my words.

An added bonus was all the free offers, half hr free head or foot massage, Bateaux Dubai dinner cruise, 9 holes of golf, tennis lesson, shooting lesson, gym instructor. As mentioned, we each sampled the head massage :-) went on the Bateau Dubai cruise, tried the shooting range and had a lovely steak in Shooters restaurant. I'll come back to the cruise later. There's plenty of other activities to do, especially for children and of course for adults, we also enjoyed the crazy golf. The pools are all fab and it was nice to see that the staff around the pool didn't allow children or adults to splash around and get carried away too much and spoil it for others. The only problem in the pool nearest the beach was that the pool bar turned into a crèche as it was very shallow and the only shaded part of the pool.

The resort is 40minutes by taxi to the centre of Dubai, but the cost of 100dhs including tip is quite reasonable (approx £20). The hotel also offers free shuttle bus to various locations in Dubai.

Back to Bateaux Dubai cruise, we really enjoyed this trip and so glad we booked it, although we're not fans of organised trips this was an exception, a beautiful glass boat (we understand owned by the JA resort). A classy romantic journey around Dubai Creek with wonderful food included, together with a high standard of service, alcohol is chargeable.

The staff were great, it's true what other reviewers have said they really seem to enjoy their job, smiling and taking the time to greet you and be courteous. I've stayed in some wonderful hotels in Dubai and around the world, mainly Jumeira group and one being Mina A'Salem, yes it's a stunning hotel and staff are friendly but as I remember some staff seem unhappy so maybe they should take a leaf out of JA's book, they definitely have this right, including the hotel itself and the grounds are superb and well maintained.

On our last night we booked La Traviata restaurant, sorry this was not up to the normal service standards and it seemed like the fault lie with the manager and not staff. He forgot our wine and we had to ask again, he then forgot my partners side order (I never like it when they fail to write your order down). In any case, we weren't going to complain as the only thing we were feeling down about was that fact we were leaving this lovely resort.

I've personally travelled to Dubai many times, the only country I've been back to more than once is Dubai, JA Palm Tree Court resort is our first visit and I have a feeling it won't be our last.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T O
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear T O,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

I was extremely happy to read your very detailed review, and I was delighted to know that you had a memorable holiday during your stay with us.

Although we will do our best to accommodate our early arriving guest and understand that our guests are tired after hours of travelling, unfortunately this cannot be guaranteed. You may wish to consider for your next visit, if you will be arriving earlier than the check-in time, to pre-book your accommodation one night prior to your arrival, to ensure it is immediately available on arrival. I apologise if this information was not highlighted to you prior to your arrival.

I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was lovely and clean, the food served in all restaurants at the resort which you found to be a top class and wonderful.

Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the added benefits that you received which you enjoyed the most, including the swimming pools that you have kindly mentioned was fabulous.

I have noted your comments with regards to your dining experience at La Traviata restaurants which was not to your satisfaction. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any shortfall on this occasion, and I can assure that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. I have also personally shared your comments with our Executive Assistant Manager in-charge of Food and Beverage for immediate attention and action, and the measures have been taken to ensure that the similar occurrence are not repeated in the future.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay. You have also kindly mentioned that they were great and friendly. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Along the Sheikh Zayed road, past the marina and the Jebel Ali Port is an area of darkness. A forbidding power station lights up a small area of desert and down a dark road past the entrance to the shooting club lies the JA Palm Tree Court. Dubai where all the towers and modernity turn into an oasis on the edge of town. On arrival late into the night night, we checked in and were whisked away on the back of a golf cart to our room. On a bed the size of a tennis court we slept soundly after the hectic few days at the 7's. The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings with small waterfalls , fountains and peacocks roaming around. On the whole it is very, very good, which means the odd detail can be an irritation that might otherwise go unnoticed in a lesser hotel. The White Orchid serves wonderful food and the service is some of the best we have received. The hotel is best for families but can still be enjoyed by couples. Our highlight was sailing on a Hobie Cat in the bay when a shoal of silver fish jumped out of the water alongside us as we skimmed the water. We made the most of our 3 days on the edge of town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rugbymikey
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Rugbymikey,

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be beautiful and best for families, the food served in all restaurants especially at the White Orchid restaurant which felt was wonderful, as well as the water sport activities that you enjoyed the most.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed for 5 nights for my husbands birthday, this is not a resort I would recommend for couples as it seems like it is focused to those with small children. The resort seemed to be under occupancy when we visited, we dined literally alone 2 nights and a few people on the other 3 nights, bars were empty too. A new band started on the 1st December who were really good and livened the place up a little. There seems to be lots of small bars dotted around the place but not one main congregation point which is a shame as it's nice to meet other guests. I guess those with little ones ordered room service as they were nowhere to be seen. The resort wad nice though, we had a lovely room on the beach, food was delicious and the resort was well maintained, staff were also friendly. We did ask our rep if we could possibly move to another resort but Ibrahim of Virgin Holiday was useless and was only interested in selling trips which we didn't want, what a shame! I wish they would change the signing for everything, when you're on all inclusive it becomes quite tiresome.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte A

Dear Charlotte A,

I was pleased to know that you decided to celebrate a special occasion with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort which you felt was nice and well maintained, the accommodation which you found to be lovely, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which have kindly mentioned was delicious.

I have noted your comments with regards to the All Inclusive package, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Please rest assured your welcomed feedback has been shared with the Executive Assistant Manager In-charge of Food and Beverage for review.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed for one night during weekend with the family.
Had a room on the ground floor close to the beach. Really nice, proper, perfect.
Hotel really improved in terms of rooms and facilities. The pool and bar at the beach is fantastic.
Kids enjoyed the Mini Golf and water activities.
Breakfast buffet is very good as is the food in general.
The staff is very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel.
Spa treatment was perfect with well trained staff.

Only downside is the unfinished palm which is not a really nice setting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dubai_Phil_64
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Dubai_Phil_64,

It was delighted to read your review, and I was glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was nice, proper and perfect, the beach and swimming pools that you found to be perfect, as well as the food served especially during breakfast which you have kindly mentioned was very good.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were helpful and friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I chose this location because it was close to my business location.
The staff was very friendly and willing to help.
The rooms bathroom and the bed are outstanding and I really enjoyed my visit.
Unfortunately the view from the beach is facing construction work on the new island in front.
The breakfast, and dinner I enjoyed very much. The staff actually told me it was better to start from the buffet, so I could choose more.
Instead from the portions a la carte.

Really top

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Arnold W,

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your business trip with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort which you found to be luxurious, the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you enjoyed especially during your breakfast and dinner.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay. You have also kindly mentioned that they were friendly and willing to help. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

New concept for Dubai, nice hotel but could do with management visiting other 5 star all inclusive hotels for more idea how a/I should work. Be good to have some food service on beach and perhaps some nuts with drinks rather than cheap crackers also perhaps a biscuit or two in the room. Mostly staff excellent but, female on experience desk should perhaps be told desk is for customers benefit not for her to be privately texting under the desk and making private telephone calls while customers waiting, then being offhand to the point of rudeness about fairly simple enquiry on more than one occasion.

Room Tip: High room and earplugs to avoid being woken up at crack of dawn by the peacocks
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gilly1950

Dear gilly1950,

I was glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort which you found to be nice.

It was with great disappointment that I read your comments with regards to your unfortunate experience while dealing with our experience desk whereby you found the customer service standards were below expectations. Please rest assured that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments and dissatisfaction with our Director of Front Office for immediate attention and action and the measures have been taken to ensure that the similar occurrences are not repeated in the future.

I have noted your suggestions, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team for review.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was our second visit to this resort to celebrate my retirement and again it was outstanding.We stay in one of the newer blocks (room 684) which was a beach front suite on the first floor.
The staff (Christian) one of the managers at the White Orchid restaurant recognised us at breakfast from last year which was amazing considering the number of guests they must deal with and it was a lovely personal touch. Again the food at breakfast was first class with plenty of variety, hot and cold and the buffet style meals in the other restaurant were great. We also visited Shooters Restaurant on this occasion utilising the courtesy bus where it was good to watch people clay pigeon shooting whilst eating hot, tasty food. I cannot fault this hotel in anyway and the staff are so helpful and pleasant,nothing being any problem for them.
As part of our privileges we were entitled to a dinner cruise and despite making attempts to reserve a place on our second day there were no places left which was slightly disappointing as it sounded like a lovely evening on the creek.
We did use the hotel complimentary one hour Personal Training session at the gym and although it was fairly basic, if you do exercise regularly, it was enjoyable. I also used the Salon part of the the Spa where I had a manicure and pedicure and again the staff remembered me from my previous visit. The attention and care at the salon was excellent too.
I love this resort and the care and attention to detail they provide in everything. I have no doubt that we will return yet again next year as it is beginning to feel like a home from home.
The staff are a credit to the JA Golf Resort.

Room Tip: If you wish a quieter option away from the pool where the families tend to be,opt for a room in bloc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MoGibson
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear MoGibson,

As our regular guest, I was very happy to know that you had an outstanding holiday with us once again.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in all the restaurants at the resort especially during breakfast which you found to be a first class, as well as the resort activities that you enjoyed.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. You have also kindly mentioned that they were helpful and pleasant. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.