“Lovely hotel & friendly staff”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #29 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for New Year 2013, the room was lovely -a ground floor junior beach front suite, it was spotlessly clean and cleaned each day with evening turn down. The staff could not do enough for us, particularly those in the White Orchid restaurant where we went for breakfast each day - they really made a fuss of our little boy which he loved! If you want to eat at a different A la Carte restaurant each night book early as soon as you get there to make sure you get in to them as they get booked up quickly.
The hotel was a 40 minute drive from the centre of Dubai but the hotel put on courtesy busses to the malls and to the Atlantis. There really is nothing nearby the hotel so you cannot wonder off the complex and explore the local area as there is nothing except desert!!
The reception staff were misinformed as on a couple of occasions we had issues - one was we wanted to visit & go up the Burj Khalifa and asked could they book us in to do this to which I was laughed at and told there was no chance we would be able to go up as it was fully booked for the immediate future. We went to the Dubai Mall one day and got immediate access up the Burj Khalifa - the staff should know that you can gain immediate access, it was more expensive than pre-booking but we went straight up beating the queue! Also we booked to go on the bus to the Atlantis via reception only to be told once we got on the bus it would not be going to the Atlantis on that particular day - again something the reception staff should have told us.
It was a lovely hotel but if we ever visit Dubai again, we would stay nearer the city centre as this is too far out.

Room Tip: Beachfront junior suites are lovely and spacious with an outside seated area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear PJS177,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

I was pleased to know that you had a lovely festive holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, as well as to the accommodation which you felt was lovely and spotless.

It is with great regret that I have noted your dissatisfaction whilst dealing with my team at the reception. Please rest assured that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any shortfall on this occasion, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. I have also personally shared your comments with our Director of Front Office for immediate attention and action, and measures have been taken to ensure that the similar occurrences are not repeated in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Write a ReviewReviews (3,170)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We spent 7 nights over New Year at this amazing resort. When we first arrived our immediate impression was slight disappointment as the reception lobby is quite understated However when we were taken to our room which were truly wonderful our impressions began to improve. Having travelled to many other all inclusive resorts in the world this one is by far the best. The quality and presentation of food is that of a top restaurant in London especially in the White Orchid. Throughout the resort the staff are incredibly courteous and although they are all working hard they are always smiling and helpful nothing is too much trouble. We particularly enjoyed the entertainment in the White Orchid bar and the cocktails served by Joshi were prefect. Christian the Manager at the White Orchid made ever effort to ensure our stay was enjoyable this guy works so hard with dedication to his role with a warming smile to greet you at Breakfast time and in the evening. We were left wondering when he ever slept !.
The beach is lovely plenty of sunbeds so no need to rush out first thing to save them. The Captains Table is great for lunch and drinks under the gazebo's in the afternoon round the day off perfectly.
In summary a brilliant resort well worth a visit although as the weather turned a little chilly in the afternoon I would not return at this time of year probably April when warmer all day

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bsundaygirl

Dear bsundaygirl,

I was very happy to know that you had an amazing festive holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort, the All Inclusive package which you found to be the best by far, the quality and presentation of food served in all restaurants especially at the White Orchid which you have highly rated, as well the beach area which you have kindly mentioned was lovely.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged, whom you felt were incredibly courteous and helpful. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have booked this hotel for Easter 2014, I really hope my holiday experience reflects the reviews below and not my experience booking my room. I booked Online at the start of this week. Upon not receiving a confirm email, I emailed the hotel. They replied to say they could not find my booking. I then phoned the hotel to confirm I had no booking (did not want to double book) and miracouly they found it!!! They promised I would have an email confirm that day...none arrived. Next day I emailed them again and finally got my confirm but it was not for the room I booked online...Online offered a Ground floor Beachfront juniour suite, confirm said nothing about GF. I emailed again and could a reply stating could not guarantee GF. I of course emailed back highlighting that GF was what their website offered and thats why I booked it. They replied to say they could now guarantee me GF!!!!

However I now noticed they had left my two children off the booking. I emailed them again asking for correct confirm. I could a new confirm including children but for some reason they chnaged my meal plan from the HB I booked to accomation only!!!! So I emailed them again yesterday! No reply. Emailed again today, after an hour no reply so I called. I have now been told they will send me the correct confirm...I hope it is finally correct!!!

One of the more annoying aspects of dealing with this hotels reservations department is the lack of any sincerity in the apologies I have received.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank PeterHIreland
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear PeterHIreland,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, which we appreciate all feedback in order to continually improve our services.

I was most surprised and concerned to read your feedback. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests and it is with great regret that we put you through this experience which certainly was not to our usual high standards.

I have personally discussed the points you brought up to my attention with our Reservations team; and I can assure you that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests. I would also like to inform you that as per your request, we have booked a Ground Floor Beach Front Junior Suite and have made all the necessary amendments following your TripAdvisor review.

May I take this opportunity to reassure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service, and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and frustration caused.

I look forward to personally meeting you in April!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent one week in this lovely family resort. The room was very nice, clean and fitted 2 adults + 3 children.
I really loved the all-inclusive package! It is really worth taking it. You can choose from different restaurants and bars. The quality of food is very high standard and service is really good.
There are a lot of activities for the whole family. We played golf, ping-pong, tennis and took horse-riding lessons.
The beach is nice, a bit confusing with the new Palm that they are building. But on the other hand it makes the beach very child-friendly without any waves even if it is windy. It will be interesting to see the views from the beach ones the Palm will be ready. The nearby harbour is nice and it felt like Monaco sitting outside the sports restaurant dining and looking at the fancy boats. The bigger harbour for oil-tanks is further away and did not bother us.
I highly recommend for all families who wants to relax and do some activities together. You should stay in the near-beach villas.

Room Tip: A villa close to the beach. We asked for nice views and also got it :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Johanna E

Dear Johanna E,

I was glad to know that you had a lovely holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the All Inclusive package that you felt was worth it, the food served in all the restaurants that you found to be of high standard, as well as the resort activities that your family enjoyed the most.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were very good. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a fantastic family holiday here the week before Christmas. We were completely spoilt all week. We had a fabulous room at the Palm Tree Court part of the hotel, it was so peaceful and a beautifully kept resort with peacocks wandering about and little streams dotted around the landscaping. Great for the beach and 3 swimming pools. The children spent most of their time in the pools and making friends. The kids club is also fab, and my daughter asked to go there most days! The food was amazing, particularly the White Orchid Thai restaurant - superb. There were so many restaurants to choose from each night, we missed out on the seafood restaurant on the moored boat - next time. You need to book when you arrive for the more popular ones. We had the all inclusive package which was great for the family, all food and drinks included and most activities. Water sports were plentiful along with camel rides too! Lots to keep the whole family busy and happy. Jebel Ali is out of the city, with a 20 - 25 min taxi ride into the city. We spent a day at Wild Wadi Waterpark on Jumeriah which the kids loved. We will definitely be returning, and we very much look forward to it.

Room Tip: Palm court part of the hotel was lovely and peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear s0phsta,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

It was a great pleasure to read your review with regards to your stay with us during the recent festive season, and I was glad to know that you had fabulous holiday with us.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be beautiful, the swimming pools and Cool Zone which your children enjoyed the most, the food served in all restaurants at the resort especially at the White Orchid which you felt was superb and amazing, as well as the All Inclusive package that you opted to.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at the Palm Tree Court for 7 nights at beginning of December to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday. We had a fabulous week. The staff were brilliant, nothing too much trouble. The rooms were large and very well appointed, we had a lovely sea view. The bars and restaurants were first class, the best all inclusive we have had and we have been all over the world. Beach area and pool areas spotless. To top it all the weather was perfect. Fabulous special week in the sun.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good as gardens are beautiful but glad we paid a small supplement for a sea view...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan C

Dear Susan C,

Firstly, I would like to wish your husband a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations in making your husband’s birthday celebration special and memorable.

I was also happy to know that you had a fabulous holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was lovely, the restaurants and bars which you have kindly rated as first class, as well as the All Inclusive package that you found to be the best.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at Palm Tree Court for one night just before Christmas, we had 3 rooms all in the same block. The hotel is lovely and was a bit of a treat for us all. We have previously stayed at the Jebel Ali Hotel and loved it. Palm tree court is lovely, the rooms were huge and well equipped as was the bathroom. The staff were very nice but at times I felt things took a little too long, for example, checking in took an age and lunch at Captains took a long time to be served. Having said that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return. Our evening meal was at La Traviata, an Italian restaurant, the service was excellent and as the meal was a celebration of my Mother’s Birthday, the staff provided a cake and sang to her. The food itself was good but not outstanding, some of the portions of the pasta dishes were far too big. My only real gripe during our stay was the lack of complimentary water, the mini bar price was AED 20 for a tiny bottle which was ridiculous, a small bottle was provided during the turn down service but having stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel the previous week where there were at least 6 or 7 bottles on arrival I felt the hotel could have done better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Beepy44,

Firstly, I would like to wish your mother a belated “Happy Birthday” and I was glad that you celebrated your mothers’ birthday at the resort whilst staying with us.

As a regular guest to the resort, it was lovely to know that you had a great festive holiday with us. I would like to thank you with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be lovely, as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioined was huge and well equipped.

I was however extremely disappointed to read that some areas of your stay were not to your satisfaction. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any shortfall on this occasion, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Please rest that your feedback has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process of being implemented to improve on the areas mentioned.

I have also noted your feedback about the mini bar price which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. I would like to advise you that the Food and Beverage Manager and I are constantly reviewing our prices to ensure that we remain competitive within the local market.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were excellent. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.