“Fabulous”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #34 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here for Feb half term week and had a lovely time. We were on a package which threw in half-board for free and given some of the reviews about prices we considered upgrading to all inclusive (additional £100 per day) but decided to wait and see how the prices were once we got there. After day 1 we decided against it, lunch in one of the pool bars was roughly £40 for 2 adults and 2 kids with 2 beers and a bottle of water. Beers are around £5.50 and cocktails about £6.

As arranged someone was waiting at the airport to pick us up when our flight landed at 8am and take us to the hotel. We had requested an early check-in (this is not a guarantee) and were told at check-in that our room would be ready in an hour so we should go have breakfast and sure enough by the time we came back it was ready. We were in 484 with a lovely view of the gardens and caught the sun in the mid-late afternoon. It is first floor room but has (non-stair) access, as do many first floor rooms because of the layout. The rooms were a great size and very quiet, the bed could easily sleep 4 but the sofa was made up into 2 single beds. The room had a TV, DVD player and games console. It was carefully looked after and more bottles of water than we needed were supplied.

The kids club is in a big airy room with friendly staff and operates 3 sessions daily (10-1,3-6,6-9) for the 4-8 yr olds, not sure about the older kids. In the 6-9pm session they get their dinner and have some activity. I pre-booked my kids in for a session each day before arrival but I don't think that was actually necessary. My kids loved it and went once each day.

The buffet (morning and night) was nice both in terms of food quality and the ambiance, there were no scrums or queues and the there was plenty selection. We also enjoyed the White Orchid, La Traviata, and the buffet at Jebel Ali (which has less kids). We ate in the Sports Bar one night but it wasn't that great and service could be better. We were able to go to the 7th floor cocktail bar (Jebel Ali) one evening when the kids were in kids club. Very 1970's James Bond but the cocktails were excellent, although the band who thought they were comedians were a little bit annoying, fortunately they didn't come on until half 8 and we had to pick up the kids at 9! If you have kids then the White Orchid bar is a nice place for a drink after dinner. Both pool bars had lovely lunch menus and the food was excellent.

This hotel is located outwith the centre, something that is obvious when booking. There are free shuttle buses but taxi's are between £10 and £15 each way. The perk of being that bit further out is the amount of space. The hotel was at 100% occupancy when we were there but there were plenty of sun loungers and miles of unused beach to take advantage off. The pools were good and suitable for children, lifeguards kept watch but never had to act as all the kids were well behaved and parents kept an eye on them.

2  Thank macdonald75
Yasser M, Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear macdonald75,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

I was extremely pleased to read your very detailed feedback and that your overall stay at the resort was fabulous. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort; its facilities, the restaurants, the accommodation as well as the kids club which your kids enjoyed the most.

You have provided us with feedback which is most appreciated to allow us to continually improve, and I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into these areas.
Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Yasser Mansourt
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for JA Palm Tree Court

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel was amazing. We went all inclusive the diffrent variety of food was lovely. We arrived early and they upgraded us so we could have a room available upon arrival. House keeping were always lovely along with the staff in the resturant. Will be coming back again! Its lovely to have a private beach and five different pools! Also has horse riding, tennis, spa, gold and camel riding along with the a water sports centre on the hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Nicholas M,

I was pleased to know that you had an excellent holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be amazing, the All Inclusive package which you felt was lovely, as well as the available activities which you enjoyed the most.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were lovely; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The rooms are lovely- large bedroom and great bathroom with all the added extras.

However the staff don't speak the best English and often rush you at both the restaurants and the reception.

The food is nothing special. Shooters burgers are definitely pre-packed and the cocktails are not good.

The fish restaurant is nice but very expensive.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Madeline186338
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Madeline186338,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

I was pleased to read your positive comments about the rooms which you found to be lovely and great!

We do endeavour to ensure that our dishes are freshly prepared and the quality of taste is maintained at all times. Your feedback has been passed on to our Executive Chef who will investigate further, and it is with regret to have learnt that the quality of food on this occasion was not to your satisfaction. I would like to advise you that the Food and Beverage Manager and I are constantly reviewing our prices to ensure that we remain competitive within the local market.

We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the resort, and we are now reviewing your comments about the service you received from my team which you have highlighted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Found the JA resort online & booked an all inclusive 5 nights in a junior suite

It starts with the limo that collects you at the airport our driver did a brilliant tour guide on our journey to the hotel. Once we arrived &it's around 20 minutes drive out of Dubai we were welcomed with a refreshing drink, hot towels to freshen up with & introduced to our butler Azhar who has been wonderful all holiday arranging everything for us

All of the butler's are great they can't do enough to ensure you have a wonderful holiday. & I definitely recommend the signature lounge and service. It's excellent value

The staff are really friendly and can't do enough for you. We met too many to mention individually but all were really friendly & helpful. And a credit to the hotel owners

as we were staying over 3 nights you get a lot of extras including massages in the spa. Bath experience which is delightful. Elemis products. Waterproof donut ride. Sailing sessions and clay shooting to name a few

The restaurants are outstanding. Everything from steakhouse to seafood restaurant with everything in between

The drinks included are excellent you have to be really demanding if you can't find something you like included in the package.

The suite is lovely & our housekeeper has been excellent keeping the room well stocked & beautifully clean.

The staff at the signature pool are really pleasant & Sunil made sure we were well taken care of with Sun beds umbrella for shade & a well stocked icebucket

The grounds of this hotel are outstanding. The beach is spotless lots of pools all with lifeguards & 9 hole golf course tennis courts & marina

We are so coming back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amanda a

Dear amanda a,

I was extremely happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I was also glad that you will visit us again on your next holiday.
I would like to thank you for your positive remarks with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be the best resort that you have ever visited, the Signature Lounge which you have kindly mentioned was an excellent value, the Palm Tree Court benefits which you enjoyed the most, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was outstanding.

Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the accommodation which you kindly mentioned was beautifully cleaned, the grounds and the beach which you found to be spotless, as well as the swimming pools and the golf course which you enjoyed the most.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you personally acknowledged and you also felt were excellent, friendly and helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in early Feb. Our group consisted of 2 couples and an 18 month toddler.

Everything works seamlessly well at this hotel & there are always plenty of helpful staff around to help with anything you may need. We were able to check in at 11am which was great after our flight, we booked several taxis for trips out which always turned up right on time, all activities can be easily booked at the desk in reception (try the clay shooting!) and the spa is first class.
The hotel is approx 30 mins (a 70 Dirham taxi ride) from the Jumeriah area.

The food deserves a special mention- both breakfast and dinner at the White Orchid were wonderful. I would recommend the all inclusive package- it was great not to have to think about whether to have another delicious cocktail!

The facilities at the hotel are fantastic- enough things to do to keep everyone entertained. The resort is absolutely wonderful for children and the staff are wonderfully accommodating.

Our rooms were garden view junior suites- great size, fabulous bathrooms, comfy beds, mini bar and everything you could want in a hotel room. Room servicing was excellent- spotlessly clean each day, evening turndown with chocolates and water, slippers placed by bed- nice touches.

If I could award 4.5 stars I would- the only slight niggle for me was that the soundproofing of the rooms is not brilliant, probably not helped by the tiled flooring. We could hear our upstairs neighbours moving furniture around late at night and early morning.

If you are looking for a fantastic all inclusive resort a little way from the bustle of the city, you certainly cannot go wrong with the Palm Tree Court.

Room Tip: Ground floor junior suites are great if you have a child that needs naps- you can lie out in the sun...
3  Thank denandmark
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear denandmark,

I was glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks with regards to resort and it facilities which you found to be an excellent, the available activities which you felt were fantastic, the Spa which you have rated as first class, the All Inclusive that you opted to, the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you have kindly mentioned was wonderful, as well as the accommodation which you also found to be fabulous, spotless and excellent.

It was with regret to have learnt of your disappointment due to the noise disturbance you had experienced whilst staying with us, and it can be challenging at times to control our guest’s individual behaviour. The service to our guests is of paramount importance, and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion. I would like to sincerely apologies for any inconvenience or disturbance you may have experienced. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team for review.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were wonderful and excellent. You have kindly mentioned that they were great and very friendly; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Somewhat late in writing this review, as my last stay was in September 2013! As always, it was excellent. Our accommodation was our favourite ground floor room in Palm Tree Court - the rooms are spacious, well-equipped, and extremely clean. Our Houseboy was amazing and dropped by several times during the day to ensure that we had everything we needed.

Having the salt-water pool exclusive to Residence and RJ Guests is great. It was always easy to get a sunbed, and it was quieter than the other pools.

We indulged in the Teppanyaki table - wonderful food, and even better entertainment from the chef. Great to see that there are now two tables, so booking will be easier. The Italian restaurant maintains its excellent standards, as does Shooters - this time we even did some target shooting before Dinner which was fun.

Breakfast in White Orchid is the best start to the day. DoraLyn and Christian are excellent hosts - always working hard and smiling. Also must mention the managers at Anchor and Captains, and thanks for always finding us a table. The Golf Club restaurant is worth a visit, but if you are there in high summer, beg a lift on a buggy!!

Best of all (as always) is the lovely Islam in the Jasmine Lounge. He is kindness personified, and I always look forward to seeing him.

Returning in two weeks - so what better recommendation!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lesley08_12,

It was lovely to know that you had an excellent holiday with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was spacious, well-equipped and clean, the exclusive signature swimming pool which you enjoyed the most, as well as the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you have kindly mentioned was wonderful, has excellent standard and worth it.

It was nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you have personally acknowledged and you also felt were hardworking and excellent. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed in a ground floor suite in Palm Tree Court in Feb 2014, what an amazing resort...great food, great service and great fun for all the family! We stayed on the all inclusive package and there is so much choice for eating, in a week you can easily eat at a different venue for lunch and dinner every day, the bars are lovely and have a great selection of branded drinks and cocktails. Loads to do for kids, my children loved the camel rides...the pools and beach are so fab that we didn't have an need to use the kids clubs etc although I heard from other guests that they were great. The resort itself is really lush and green, peacocks roam around the complex and the grounds are super well maintained. I had a couple of treatments at the spa and would definitely recommend booking a little me time if you can, it was wonderful! The service is top notch too, my husband celebrated his birthday whilst we were on hols and the staff were so lovely, delivering a cake to our room and serenading him over dinner! I really can't recommend Palm Tree Court enough, if you're looking for a great place for a really fab family holiday then don't look further than this resort...we can't wait to book up again! Ps the resort has amazing sports facilities and is used by lots of football teams for training, my ten year old soon was in absolute heaven catching a glimpse of some of his sporting heroes during training!

2  Thank JenCollingwood
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear JenCollingwood,

Firstly, I would like to wish your husband a belated “Happy Birthday”! I was delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations in making your husband birthday celebration special and memorable.

I was also happy to know that you had a fabulous holiday with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be amazing, the All Inclusive package that you opted to, the available activities that your family enjoyed the most, as well as the Spa treatment which you felt was wonderful.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were lovely. You have kindly mentioned that they were great and very friendly; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.