“Fantastic All Inclusive”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #27 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 13 March 2014

As we drove to the Palm Court we began to wonder where we were going. It is someway out of the city and close to a major industrial area. However once inside the gates any apprehension was soon banished. The grounds are facilities are fantastic. Everything is amazingly clean (we didn't see any litter during our whole stay). Manicured lawns, streams, little bridges and a greeting everywhere you go from the resident peacocks.
We were "all inclusive" which was great value as the standard overall of food (particularly White Orchid and Shooters) was very high , as was the quality of the drinks
But the main thing is the fantastic staff, who were all very friendly, helpful and totally professional. Also a great group in the bar on the 7th floor.
Overall we had a fantastic time at this high quality resort and will definately go back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
4  Thank PhilS14350
Yasser M, Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

It was with a great pleasure to read your review and it was also lovely to know that you had amazing stay with us, Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the All Inclusive package which you felt was a great value, as well as the food and beverages served in all the restaurants which you have highly rated.

It was nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were friendly, helpful and professional. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Returned to the Jebel Ali again this year.This year we decided to upgrade to palm tree court ,extremely glad we did as there are certain parts of the hotel you can't use if booked into the Jebel Ali Hotel,for example White Orchid Restaurant and certain pools.I don't really want to go to a place where you will be restricted as to which part of the beach you can use. Palm tree court all the way for us now.The benefits we received definitely made the upgrade well worth it.We had a spa treatment, a batteau Dubai cruise,some shooting and a free watersport to name but a few.

Our room was on the ground level which for my dad who is 74 now was ideal as no stairs to upper level.We had 2 rooms next door to each other which we benefitted from as we had table chairs and sun loungers in the garden.This suited me perfectly as I'm a sun worshiper and spent an hour early evening enjoying the last rays of sun and chatting with each other before getting ready for dinner.

Once again the food and beverages in this hotel are fantastic.White Orchid was as usual first class and we were welcomed back from Christian who always went out of his way to do what he could for us.His grin was infectious and always made our day when we seen him.We had the same reception in shooters.We could not fault any of the staff and a special mention to lady in charge of La Fontana who was always very cheerful.

Weather was lovely in March and even though the sea was a lot colder than it is normally in June when we visit we still all enjoyed a swim most days

Thank you again Fredrik for allowing us to change our holiday dates after my fathers ill health, we were just sorry we didn't catch up with you to thank you personally

Good time had by all so well done JA resorts for a great holiday

Kathleen William McLaren
Mr Patrick McGrath

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank katy351
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear katy351,

It was with great pleasure to read your review. I was extremely happy to know that you had a great holiday with us once again and I was also glad to know that we managed to meet your expectations.

I would personally like to thank you for your positive acknowledgment with regards to the service improvement at the resort due to recent changes which you found to be well worth, as well as the available benefits which you had enjoyed.

Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the location of your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned were suited you perfectly, and the food served in all the restaurants especially at the White Orchid which you have rated as a first class.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you have personally acknowledged and you felt were; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our entire stay in the hotel was more than excellent. Starting from the ambient of the hotel area with a lot of greenery, old trees, waterfalls, peacocks, pools to a roomy and white sandy beach with crystal clear water of the Arabian Gulf. Our room with direct garden access was perfect equipped, absolutely clean and well maintained! The staff was very friendly, supportive and helpful from cleaners to room service, reception, experience desk, waiters, drivers and others. Because Ms. Menchie from the reception guided us in an excellent, very supportive and individual manner from the first until the last day of our 7 days stay in February 2014 she is mentioned here. Restaurants and food were delicious and absolutely worth for money. The seafood buffet was our most favourite.
Highlights were the unexpected extras complementary (free of charge!) provided from the hotel like Boat Cruise Dinner Bateaux Dubai, bottle of a very tasty wine and some leisure activities like massage, gun shooting and Donut-motor boating. See you again!
Disadvantage to be not direct in Dubai is more than compensated due to the hotel provided shuttle buses on regular basis. Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall can be reached within a 25 minutes drive, Mall of Emirates in 20 minutes. - A German Family -

3  Thank Arne R

Dear Arne R,

I was pleased to know that you had an excellent holiday with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you have kindly mentioned was more than excellent, the accommodation which you felt was perfectly equipped, clean and well maintained, the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you found to be delicious, as well as the available benefits which you enjoyed the most.

It was with great pleasure to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you have personally acknowledged and you also felt that they were very supportive, friendly and helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Everything at this resort is perfect. A little isolated but peaceful resort excellent staff. Taxis cheap so can reach all sights of Dubai without incurring too much expense. Enjoyed so much have cancelled my daughter's hotel near the walk and re-booked at this resort for March 11th 2014

Room Tip: Garden room high floor excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 333jayg,

It was lovely to know that you had a happy holiday with us and had recommended us. I was indeed grateful for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be perfect.

It was nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were excellent. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

So we visited PTC in Feb 2012 and it once again lived up to expectations for us and 2 girls 6+9, plus 2 friends with a small baby!

This time we were in one of the older (as in not the new block!) rooms, and they are just as good as the new block we were in last year. Rooms are MORE than big enough, spotless each day.

One change from last year is the A La Carte menus/restaurants are now labelled as 1 starter, main and dessert per person, whereas last year it was "open" menu. Whilst there is plenty of food, it's nice to try a few different things, especially in the White Orchid, so lifting this would be good, but not essential.

Staff are just as pleasant and efficient as last year - Captains bar was a little slow on service at times in the evening, but still not a problem - you're on holiday?!!

It's worth noting if you've never been before, you need to sign for all drinks, meals etc - even when on all inclusive - this just gives the staff 10% of their service - you pay no more, but I think this should be mentioned at checkin as it does confuse some people staying for their first time.

The only down side, and is minor, is we arrived at 8:00am after the overnight flight, and despite booking our room direct about 6 months early and putting a preference for early checkin, it wasn't ready, nor was it ready at the "official" checkin time….we had to hold on for a further 40mins which isn't great with a young family, after a long trip - again, no real problem, but could have been a nice touch with the notice given.

Will certainly be looking to return again for our 3rd year next February 2015!

Well done, keep the standards up :-)

1  Thank Mark R

Dear Mark R,

As a returning guest to the resort, I was glad to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us once again and I was also happy to know that we were still able to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was spacious and spotless, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you found to be improved comparatively.

However, I have noted your feedback with regards to the slow service at Captains bar. I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I can assure you that I have personally discussed the points you brought up to my attention with the Food and Beverage Manager, in order to continually improve our products and services.

I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding your arrival process, whereby you experienced a delay waiting for your room following your arrival to the resort. We do appreciate that after a long journey you would like to check in to your room, and freshen up after an overnight flight. We do try to accommodate all our early arriving guests; however it is subject to room availability which can be challenging when the resort is running at high occupancy levels. I would like to extend my sincere apologies if we were not able to accommodate you on this occasion when you arrived.

It was nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were pleasant and efficient. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in February 2015 and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have very recently returned from our second stay at The Jebel Ali Resort's Palm Tree Court.
Our stay was even better than last year. 99% of staff members do their utmost to ensure that you have a great time. I may as well get our only gripe out of the way first. We dined at the sports bar on two seperate occasions and whilst the food was very good, oh dear, the female staff serving food and drinks did not seem at all happy in their work. There were no welcoming smiles, no greeting, no please or thank you, we were not even asked how the food was etc etc. very disappointing compared to very other outlet in the hotel.

So, apart from that, we have to say we were completely satisfied with everything else about the hotel. Our room was wonderful and we were well looked after by our room attendant who ensured we had everything we needed. The guys on the beach were great and prepared our sunbeds and umbrellas each day and were chatty and attentive. All the guys in the Captains and anchor bars were top class, a special mention to Robert who had a great way of making everyone feel at ease, and was a big hit with the kids. Pony, who has only been there a short while also deserves a mention and looked after us so well also.

As usual, all the restaurants were first class with Shooters and White Orchid our favourites. The cocktails went down very well pre dinner in the White Orchid bar where we thoroughly enjoyed listening to the very talented singer and pianist. We had booked to eat in the White Orchid many months ago and was disappointed to be shown to a table on the lower level room. This room had no feel about it at all and appeared to be just what it was, an overspill room with little or no intimate feel about it compared to the min restaurant area. Also, I did not like taking breakfast there as the food serving area is located between the higher level main restaurant and lower overspill room. I think the fact that children and older people carrying food up or down stairs is dangerous to say the least and a health and safety hazard, we therefore chose to take breakfast at the lower level area.

We had a great time on the Bateaux Dubai sailing up and down the Creek. Our food was wonderful and we are delighted to mention the people who looked after us so well. Mr Amir Sabry was the perfect host and chef Raydan Bou Mahdi presented us with some of the finest tasting lamb we have ever eaten, well done guys and thank you so much. Our night at Divaz was also brilliant and the food wonderfully cooked and presented in great surroundings.

Perfect weather, perfect hotel ! What more could anyone ask for. We thank everyone through this message for making our time very special at PTC and would sincerely congratulate the management organisation for providing us with such an enjoyable holiday. We would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a perfect holiday in perfect surroundings and hopefully we will return same time next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cosh2,

I was grateful to know that you had an excellent stay with us once again and, I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort; its facilities, the accommodation as well as the food across all the restaurants especially at the White Orchid which was one of your favorite restaurants.

I am extremely disappointed to read that the quality of services you received at Sports Café was not to your expectations. I can assure you that your feedback is extremely important for us in order to continually improve our service standards, making any necessary improvements, and I would like to apologise if we fell short in any way. I have personally shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention and measures have been taken to ensure that the similar occurrences are not repeated in the future.

I have also noted your disappointment with regards to the table allocation and, I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or discomfort caused. Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

It was nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you have personally acknowledged and you felt were wonderful and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed on an all inclusive basis again and contrary to another review, it was actually only another £65 ish per day. Being able to forget about money for a week meant the extra cost not only made it better value but also a more relaxing experience.

The rooms have been refurbished since our last visit so were even better and the general quality of service and cleanliness was outstanding. There is a new pool between the PTC pool and the beach which has created a great additional area so less pressure on the upper pool which used to get rather crowded. As an observation, the main Jebel Ali hotel is starting to look a little dated so PTC is definitely worth the extra.

If you are looking for a resort style 5 star child friendly hotel with a great selection of 1st class restaurants, sports facilities in an (almost!) guaranteed SUN location then I cannot recommend the Palm Tree Court highly enough.

We also decided to book through the same tour operator, letsgo2.com as they were so helpful last time and again their customer service was faultless.

Room Tip: Any in the Palm Tree Court - lower room number (400's or 500's) are closer to the hotel for...
3  Thank Jimmystix
Yasser M, Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Jimmystix,

As a regular guest to the resort, I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you found to be better with the overall cleanliness, the All Inclusive package which you felt was good value for money, as well as the restaurants across the resort which you highly rated as first class!

I would also like to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you have kindly mentioned were faultless. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.