“Brilliant”

Ranked #22 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited here at half term (u.K) one of the best places I have been too, relaxing, excellent food, service etc. Staff were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble, the only down side is that next door is the Jebel Ali hotel which is quite a lot cheaper to go to and a lot of the amenities are shared, they seem to be striving to separate them a bit, but quite annoying when you have paid a lot more. My only criticism is that the evening dress code is not enforced dining in the very nice Italian restaurant with 5 people wearing various premiership football shirts and shorty shorts !!! (and that was before the world cup had started). The lawn area (specifically for Palm Court guests) was a lovely place to relax always sunbeds available and a good beach bar service, rooms are lovely, spacious and very well looked after by cleaning staff, food was very good. All in all an excellent hotel would love to go back

Room Tip: All rooms are good, beachfront are best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dribblesbonbon
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear dribblesbonbon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

At the resort we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and I was pleased to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be the best places, the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was lovely as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was excellent.

I have noted your comments in relation to the dress code policy. I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns, and may I take this opportunity to apologize for any discomfort this might have caused you. Please rest assured that this matter has been addressed to our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you, whom you felt were brilliant. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is the first time I have ever made a review of a hotel. I have travelled fairly extensively BA. Gold card holder to give you an idea. This is the first time I have been so impressed by a Hotel and it's staff that I have felt compelled to write a review.
I have to say that Dubai was not my choice for a holiday destination but my wife's to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary. So there was a long way to go before I would be convinced that this was a good holiday destination. However the resort and the staff were without doubt exceptional. We chose to upgrade to the Residence and the Signature Lounge. which was well worth the extra we paid. The service is excellent and it allows for a more relaxed part of the resort to unwind..
The Butlers really take pride in helping you and you get the sense that they really do enjoy making your holiday a success. Although all were excellent I have to say a special thank you to Njenga who helped organize a special anniversary for us at the Atmosphere Lounge.
We chose all inclusive which was the right decision as it was the best quality and range of food we have experienced in any hotel we have previously stayed. Which includes a number of 5 star hotels around the world. The grounds are immaculate and the Junior suite was spacious with comfortable beds and pillows.
My wife used the Spa and had a Massage which is something she does whenever we stay in hotels with Spa's. This is her 3rd this year and She said it was the best Massage she has ever had ever!!!!
The final comment I have is that after traveling for 30 yrs this is the first time I have left a Hotel and destination and have agreed with my wife that I will return next year. I have never gone anywhere more than once!!!!!! Thanks for such an excellent experience and very special 25th Anniversary.

Room Tip: The Residence is well worth the money.
6 Thank EdTM
Dear EdTM,

Your very candid and positive review has left a happy grin on my face, and I would like to take this opportunity to personally wish you a belated “Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary”. At the resort we always strive to meet our guest’s expectations, and indeed we had managed to deliver exceptional service on this occasion, as we endeavour to maintain our tradition of creating memorable experiences.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the services you received, the quality of food served in all the restaurants which you found to be the best, the accommodation which you felt was spacious, as well as the available activities which you enjoyed.

Making our guests comfortable and able to feel at home away from home is really a remarkable achievement for my entire team. I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Peckham
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I can’t believe its taken me so long to do this review, time just seems to have flown by, we stayed here June last year. We are currently staying at the hotel for the second time for two weeks till the 21st June, this time in the Jebel Ali hotel in suite 405, which is wonderful.

The review below is about last years holiday at the Palm Tree Court and hopefully when I get home it won't take me so long to review out current holiday.

The hotel is amazing, we arrived early in the morning and checkin was very smooth and quick and we were made to feel very welcome. We were whisked off to our room by the man in the buggy – these buggies came in handy throughout the two weeks we stayed there.

The room was immaculate, very spacious, beautifully decorated with a large balcony. The guy who serviced our room was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble.

The restaurants: every meal we had was excellent, our personal favourite was the Italian, but we ate at both buffet restaurants, Shooters, the White Orchid, Divas and the pool restaurants, all of which were superb, couldn’t have asked for anything more both in service and choice of food and drink. The Mushref bar on the 7th floor is great, live entertainment and the staff always remember what you’re drinking and another drink is always on its way to you. We didn’t have time to go to the Sports restaurant but will try this next time.

The pool bar staff were also exceptional, we mainly used the Palmito pool and the bar staff here were second to none.

The complimentary extras provided by the hotel if you stay more than 3 days at the Palm Tree Court are also wonderful and very generous complimentary fruit, chocolates and wine on arrival. Free session of shooting, golf, gym, massage – all excellent. A complimentary meal on the Bateaux Dubai was also included and we happened to do that for my birthday and the birthday dessert they presented me with was so delicious, as was the birthday cake delivered to my room, many thanks for making that day so lovely.

We found all the staff very helpful, incredibly polite and very friendly and incredibly hard working.

All in all the best hotel we’ve ever stayed in and we can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jackie1984
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Jackie1984,

Firstly, I would like to personally wish you a belated “Happy Birthday”! As our returning guest, it was a great pleasure to read your very positive review and to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again. I was also glad to know that we were still able to meet your expectation on this occasion, as we provide an environment which captures the generous spirit of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury where it reflects our value of making a difference by creating memorable experiences for all our guests.

Please allow me to thank you equally for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you highly rated as the best hotel, the amazing service that you received from staff which you felt was smooth and quick, the available activities which you have enjoyed the most, the accommodation which you found to be specious and immaculate, as well as the food served in all the restaurants across the resort which you have kindly mentioned were excellent especially at the La Traviata which you considered to be one of your favourite restaurants.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you, whom you felt were very helpful, polite and friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

we have stayed at ptc a few times, and as most tourists who visit there all agree it is a wonderful place,spoilt rottern! want for nothing, the staff who look after you are amazeing ,we stayed in block 7 and kapal who looked after us was a joy to meet and will be remember with great fondness,.martin on the beach ,knows where you like to spend your time on the beach always ready with towels ,brollys ashtray if needed (its like he can read your mind) we enjoyed our eveing on the bateaux ,can make a nice eveing very speical sanal the chef asked if everything was to our likeing and to really care that it was.amazeing food. and last but not least was our good friend ushanka,a joy to meet again,the staff are what make P T C a truely 5 star resort.

Room Tip: ground floor offer nice views as well as more freedom.
Dear colin53051,

Our underlying principle is to be recognised for our heartfelt hospitality, and I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be wonderful, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt were amazing.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, whom you felt were wonderful. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I arrived on the 2nd June and stayed for a week and had a fantastic time. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The place is spotless and the food is brilliant. Looking at the previous review I must have been there when he was there and I am wondering if we were in the same place.

I had a junior garden suite which was large, clean and a cool refuge from the heat. After a while I didn't notice the peacocks calling in the morning as I slept so well in the huge bed.

Most of my holidays in the past have been on cruise ships where I found the service very good but in my opinion P and O staff could learn a lot at this hotel, and so could their chefs.

We will be going back for sure.

Thank you for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Try and get a ground floor suite, you gain a couple of sunbeds.
2 Thank paulann2014
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear paulann2014,

It was a great pleasure to read your very positive review, and to know that you had a brilliant holiday with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be fantastic, the food served in all the restaurants which you enjoyed, the accommodation which you felt was spacious and clean, as well as the services that you received from my team which you have kindly mentioned were very good comparatively.

I was also very pleased to read your comments about my team, whom you felt were friendly and helpful. I will of course share your praise with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

london
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We visited Palm tree court from the 2nd-6th June and l cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The hotel car was waiting for us as soon as we landed even though we landed 30 minutes early. It took us 40 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport which was slightly less than we expected and as l have never been to Dubai before was a very nice sight seeing tour.
On arrival we were give a drink and a towel and checked in straight away. We were then introduced to Njenga who was one of the Butlers who took us on a tour of the hotel and the grounds and explained everything to us, we had booked the restaurants in advance but due to it being very hot (too hot for the terrace) and one of the restaurants was closed on Monday we had to change some of our arrangement, Njenga sorted all this out for us, he was really helpful and pleasant and we missed him on our last couple of days as he was off.We were then taken to our room and all before 10am. We stayed in a Royal Jasmine suite which was lovely, a very large room with a nice size balcony overlooking the sea. The bathroom was beautiful, large bath and walk in shower. We then went down to the signature pool which is very nice and peaceful, we were given towels and there is waiter service which was really appreciated after travelling overnight. Inside the signature lounge there are snack during the day and tea and coffee. We were thoroughly spoilt by Joseph who really looked after us all week and is a real credit to the resort, also one of the pool boys who had our beds ready and water for us (sorry forgot your name) At 5pm they have cocktail hour were they serve you really nice canapes as well. We spoke to several people at the signature lounge and everyone we spoke to had been to the hotel several times before, one lovely couple had been over 25 times. My friend who l was with was so impressed she wants to take her family back there at half term and we spoke to Islam who heads the Butler Team about this, he offered to show us the rooms available for families and was extremely helpful and pleasant we found he went out of his way to assist anyone who needed help. l believe he has worked at the hotel for several years and is as excellent asset to the hotel and a real pleasure to have met. We ate at most of the restaurant and could not fault any, the food was exceptional for all inclusive. We ate lunch at captains and the signature lounge, plenty of choice and dinner at the La Traviata and White Orchid which was excellent, Michael our waiter was very helpful as were all the staff. We went to the sports bar and Jerome is a star so funny and cant do enough for you. We took the bus over to shooters, after a bit of a mix which Azhad sorted out for us we were taken to the shooting gallery, great fun, very noisey! The food at shooter was excellent but the service was very slow, they did have a big party in though and we were in no rush but l did feel like going helping out at the bar at one stage!!!! We stayed all inclusive and all the drinks and food you are allowed are marked with a star, very easy to work out, and if you asked for anything not included thay always advised you. We paid a short visit to the spa and Brenda foot massage was great. There is so much to do here. All the staff we came into contact with were very helpful and friendkyOverall we had an excellent stay and wished we had stayed a little longer. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BEV B
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear BEV B,

We provide an environment which captures the generous spirit of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury where it reflects our value of making a difference by creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I was happy to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and I do appreciate that you would like to recommend us to the other travellers and friends.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you found to be lovely, the swimming pools which you felt were nice and peaceful, the exceptional food served in all the restaurants, as well as the available activities which you enjoyed the most.

I have noted your comments with regards to the service that you experienced at Shooters restaurant. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Please rest assured I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention and the measures have been taken to ensure that the similar occurrences are not repeated in the future.

Making our guests comfortable and able to provide a home away from home feel is really a remarkable achievement for my entire team, some whom you have personally acknowledged and you felt were helpful, and pleasant. I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

Manchester, UK
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have stayed here for over 20 years.

The last stay however was terrible. The place has lost all of its previous charm. Total lack of service, bars were closed despite staff insisting they were open, restaurant and lounge service was non existent.

The place has has an unwelcoming, unfriendly, unprofessional, and unfinished feel to it.

Much better places to stay and in better locations.

Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Chris R
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Chris R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, which we appreciate all feedback in order to continually improve our services.

I was most surprised and concerned to read your review. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests, and I was extremely disappointed to know that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

May I take this opportunity to reassure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service, and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and frustration caused.

Once again I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.