“staff make this hotel amazing”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #24 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Ireland
“staff make this hotel amazing”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

ok, so first off...location is poor, it is about 50 mins outside Dubai and will set you back about AED120 from airport when you arrive (€25)...however, this is not an issue for a few reasons. firstly,if you want to get out of the complex and into Dubai they offer daily free shuttle busses to atlantis hotel waterpark, dubai mall, mall of emirates etc so you can easily get into and out of dubai (buses take about 1 hr depending on where you go)

the complex has lots of things to do and many restaurants and ample room at the pool and beach for their guests, i also love the fact that if people leave towels on sun beds to secure,the staff remove them after an hour if they are unattended, not that it is necessary as between the pools and the beach there is enough room for everyone.

We went AI and the food is of a very high standard and there is lots of variety across the many restaurants. the complementary spa treatments and activities are welcome distraction to the sun, which is very hot at this time of year. Staff are equipped with golf buggies to drive you around the resort if required.

we went during the world cup and the sports bar had an outside viewing area and lots of air conditioning units to help make it more comfortable

we went during ramadan and whilst the hotel does not serve alcohol until 8pm soft drinks and food were available throughout the day

the big thing for me which made the staff so good was how good the staff were, constantly ensuring you have everything you need for a great staff and they were so attentive and interactive with the kids. they really are a credit to the hotel and make the stay very enjoyable.

this is a perfect hotel for families and couples who are not into nightlife...if you are looking for clubs and music then this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for an oasis of calm and tranquility then the Palm Tree Court is a good choice.

Room Tip: try and get a beach front apartment
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dolalu
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear dolalu,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

At the resort, we foster an environment that encourages ideas and creativity to making a difference, and creating memorable experiences for all our guests. It was lovely to read your positive review and to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It was nice to read your detailed review and to know that you had perfect stay with us. I would like to thank you equally with regards to the resort and its facilities, the pool and beach area which you have enjoyed, the food served in all the restaurants which you have highly rated, the All Inclusive package which you value, as well as the available activities which you found to be amazing.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you, and whom you felt were attentive and made your stay very enjoyable. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Dubai, we really didn't know what to expect, and Palm Tree Court was recommended to us by our travel agent. We are so glad we booked there!
All the staff were welcoming and friendly, and our room was perfect, clean and spacious. The food was absolutely outstanding, at breakfast, lunch and dinner in all the restaurants we used during our stay. The all inclusive package was really worth it...we ate like kings and certainly didn't go hungry or thirsty at any point. Even though it was Ramadan when we stayed, the hotel continued to serve food during the daytime, along with non-alcoholic drinks. (I wasn't too keen on the laid-back dress code in the restaurants....I don't think it entirely appropriate to wear swimsuits in dining rooms at the best of times, and to do so during Ramadan is particularly crass, and so I felt that the staff should have been more on hand to ask people to cover up.)

One other very small criticism is of the pools. For the size of the complex, they were quite small and crowded, and there didn't seem to be the separation of clientele from Palm Tree Court and Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, which we were led to believe there would be. We were there during a very quiet time (Ramadan in a very hot July!) and would have struggled to find a space in the pools had we wanted to be there. We tended to use the much quieter beach instead.

Neither of these small niggles detract from the wonderful stay we had, made all the better by the fantastic efficient staff. They were always smiling and genuinely happy to help, from the concierges, reception staff, waiters and waitresses, to the gardeners; all displayed the same happy, can-do attitude!

We wouldn't hesitate to return....hopefully very soon! We would strongly recommend anyone to book up for a wonderful stay!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ambercountrygirl
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear ambercountrygirl,

I was delighted to read your review and that you decided to stay with us following the recommendation from your travel agent, and I was glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you found to be perfect and specious, the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was outstanding, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have kindly mentioned was worth it.

I have also noted your feedback in relation to the dress code policy and the pool facilities. I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns, and may I take this opportunity to apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience this might have caused you. Please rest assured that your valuable feedback has been shared with the management team.

Your praise with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us, whom you felt were fantastic and genuinely helpful, is highly appreciated. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Chudleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Having had the privilege to travel to many luxury 5 star hotels throughout my life I can personally, hand on heart say that this hotel and the staff within was the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

From our arrival at the hotel the staff were very attentive to our every need especially the team of butlers that were found at the exclusive Signatures Lounge which I had the privilege of using, in my opinion if you are going to stay at this hotel, you should spend the extra money to stay in either the Royal Jasmine Suites or the Residence Suites to have the use of the Lounge which incorporates a private lounge area and your own private pool.

The rooms were spotless throughout the entire length of my stay at the hotel with a great fray of amenities being left in the room each day. All the rooms were perfectly appointed and equipped to cater for your every need, especially the air conditioning which worked a treat- keeping the room at a mild 22 degrees in comparison to the 40+ degree heat outside.

If you are a bit of a food fanatic like myself then you will not be disappointed at the array of different dining options that are available to you when staying at the hotel. In fact, during my stay I did not eat at any of the restaurants twice as I wanted to try all the different culinary delights from the different restaurants. My personal favourite was the White Orchid Restaurant which serves a fusion of asian cuisine.

To be quite frank, at first I was quite concerned that the hotel was going to be too far away from the heart of Dubai's city life due to the hotels location by the Palm Jebel Ali. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of buses and minibuses that served a number of different locations in Dubai city centre, for example The Dubai Mall and the Mall of the Emirates from the hotel (free of charge of course.) So don't be put off by the location of the hotel as actually it does not take long to get to these places from the hotel.

Overall, I would advise anybody who is considering staying at the Palm Tree Court to book this hotel as it is the best hotel I have ever stayed at even in comparison to the Ritz in New York. Do not listen to some of the bad reviews around complaining about air traffic noise, which in fact is only caused by the increase traffic flying to and from Al Maktoum Airport due to runway resurfacing at Dubai International- the noise in fact is barely noticeable. Lastly, I would like to thank Prandeep and the other butlers at the Signatures Lounge for making my stay very relaxing and memorable. I will be returning!

Room Tip: Royal Jasmine and Residence Block rooms have the best sea view and are the quietest, but you do have...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KieranFuller
Dear KleranFuller,

At the hotel, we ensure that we over deliver on all areas as we continue to work collectively to achieve our common goals by understanding all our guest needs

Your very candid and positive review has left a happy grin on my face, from your detailed review I could feel that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do appreciate that you would recommend us to other travellers.

Please allow me to thank you equally for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you comparatively found to be the best hotel that you have ever stayed, the accommodation which you felt was perfect, the quality of food served in all the restaurants especially at the White Orchid restaurant, as well as the free shuttle bus services that is provided for all our guest.

Your positive comments with regards to our associates were very much appreciated, whom you felt were very attentive, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my 16th holiday in Dubai, and the worst. We decided on this hotel because we wanted a restful holiday and having stayed and really enjoyed its sister hotel next door we thought we knew what to expect here. Big mistake, its now under the flight path from the new Al Maktoum International Airport and the noise of these plans woke me many times at night, but the noise of the planes was no where near as bad as the dozens of peacocks that roam the resort. around 4:30am they start screaming and don't stop for 2 hours or so. then the other problem with this hotel starts, dozens of crows start crowing, if you are a light sleeper you have no chance of sleeping though it.
The crows around the hotel are even more of a nuisance during the day, anyone with food outside can be attacked by these birds, we watched a number of times were they will steal anything they can carry out of your bags or of your sunbeds. There is bird mess all around the hotel, our balcony was covered in it, never cleaned while we were there.
All the staff were polite and helpful, the one plus here is the breakfast which was excellent, also the Sports Bar was a very nice place to relax in the evening. We will never come back to the Palm Tree Court again, indeed we have already booked 2 hotels next year in Dubai. There are lots of fantastic hotels in Dubai, don't chose this one, unless you are a heavy sleeper.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tismyk
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear tismyk,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your current stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

I was sad to read your comments regarding the noise disturbance from the planes, which unfortunately is beyond our control; however I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort caused.

I have also learned of your comments in regards to the presence of crows and peacocks at the resort, which you found to be very disturbing and destructive. Due to the birds being wild, we unfortunately cannot control them and we are very much aware of the issue and have worked on this, with limited success. Following our guests’ feedback, we have also appointed an external specialist company to help us with this issue and hopefully you will see an improvement the next time you visit.

I have noted your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the balcony of your accommodation. I would like to extend my sincere apologies if your expectations were not met on this occasion, and I can assure you that our Executive Housekeeper is looking into the matter.

Your kind words for my entire team are highly appreciated, and I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

It is our sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting our beautiful resort and once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback on TripAdvuisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are a true credit to this hotel. From our arrival to our departure we could not fault this hotel. it's a must property to visit when holidaying in Dubai. We choose a two centre holiday, a few days by the coast and a few days in the city of Dubai. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the JA Palm Tree Court and left well rested and relaxed. Well done to all the staff and an enormous thank you. My only regret now is that we should have stayed longer. This is my second visit to Dubai, my first being a good few years ago, staying in the Jebel Ali also a great property. My memories of the JA Palm Tree Court are truly of a great time. From spending time in the gym, enjoying all the different food choices and options. Partaking in the daily activity options. The spa treatments were enjoyed by all family members. The entire team are a credit to the hotel, pleasant, courteous, friendly and always ready to help when needed. Thank you all so much. I'm looking forward to our return.
:-)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Freshblue1
Dear Freshblue1,

At the resort, we ensure that we over deliver on all areas as we continue to work collectively to achieve our common goals by understanding all our guests needs. As a returning guest to the resort, I was glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again, and I was also happy to know that you will revisit us on your next holiday.

I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be an exceptional, the food served in all the restaurants and the available activities which enjoyed the most.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, whom you felt were pleasant, courteous and friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed with my wife in the resort and can recommend it to everyone. I have travelled to many 5 stars hotels, but this was magic. Amazing and helpful hotel Staff always at your service, smiling and making your day. There is no such resort in Dubai-quiet, bit far from the centre, but in the other hand you have a real resort, peace and amazing beach just next to metropolis. There are several shuttle buses, free of charge which take you to malls, where everything happens. Taxi is not expensive, and there is a metro station 10min away from there, which is also cheap. So if you want to combine relaxation and city trip, this hotel is perfect for that!!! We took breakfast, which was also great, with big variety of food, from sushi to classic continental breakfast. We are definitely coming back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DrMarijoCukelj,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your wedding! I was delighted to know that you had an amazing stay with us and that we managed to meet your expectations and made your holiday special and a memorable one on this occasion.

I do appreciate that you recommended us to other reviewers and I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be perfect, the variety of food served in all the restaurants which you felt was great, as well as the free shuttle bus service that was provided by the hotel.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, whom you felt were amazing. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

we were a little apprehensive about staying during Ramadan but it really was excellent. Admittedly not full we had excellent service in all areas and the food presentation and quality was a very high standard. While alcohol is not available until 8:00pm each night it was not a problem as the heat was quite punishing at 45 degrees.

An excellent room and only 45 minute transfer from the airport.

The White Orchard Thai evening was exceptional.

We would return as it was a change to get good service before the expectation of tips, which seems to be the opposite of the West Indies now.

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room as they have a terrace that leads on to a grassed area with loungers...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian S
Dear Brian S,

I was delighted to read your review about your stay with us and I also glad to know that we were still able to deliver the heartfelt values to meet your expectation on this occasion. I do appreciate your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be excellent, as well as the quality of food which you have highly rated.

Your kind compliments about my team, who looked after you, are very much appreciated and I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.