“Fantastic holiday!”

Ranked #22 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Balloch, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a fabulous 8 night stay at the Palm Tree Court and every thing about it was first class. The rooms were spacious and spotless and staff worked extremely hard to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
The food in the restaurants and buffets was of the highest quality and the waiting and bar staff tended to your every need - they were all lovely, hard working people.
The resort itself is beautiful with plenty of space to sunbathe and relax, with plenty of pools - some lively and some a bit quieter. I have to give a special mention to Denis and Vijay at the main pool bar who worked their socks off all day long. There is a lovely golf course /sports centre and once again the staff here, from the golf pro to the reception and buggy staff, couldn't be more welcoming or hospitable.
If possible visit the shooting range, try out rifle or pistol shooting, and have a meal in Shooters - a brilliant restaurant with fabulous food, especially the steaks. Definitely go for the all inclusive option - you will spend a lot of money otherwise.
At night there isn't a huge amount to do - we went to the bar on the 7th floor most nights where we were entertained by a Canadian three piece band who were great fun. This opened till 2am and was very capably run by Diana - another member of staff who never seemed to stop. While I was happy that no children were allowed in this area, it may pose problems for families with children or teenagers, as there seemed to be very little for them to do in the evenings.
The resort is a good 30 minutes outside of downtown Dubai which suited me fine but may not be for those who want to be in the biz.
This was a really special holiday for me and I would love to go back. In fact the majority of people I spoke to expressed a wish to return, if they weren't already returning guests.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this amazing resort!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julia S
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Julia S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

It was great to know that you had a fantastic holiday with us and I was pleased to know that you felt everything about the resort was first class. I was also happy to know that you would be recommending us to other travelers.

I also enjoyed reading through your very detailed and candid review, and I truly appreciate your kind words about the resort and facilities from the swimming pools to the golf course, the All-inclusive package which you felt was a good value for money, as well as to all our restaurants that you visited and enjoyed the food which was lovely.

We will work collectively to achieve our common goals by supporting and understanding each other. The standard of service and friendliness you received from my team, some of whom you have personally acknowledged, is definitely a true reflection of our heartfelt hospitality. I will ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We returned to Palm Tree Court again this year after a great time with friends last year. So glad we returned, it seemed to excel over last year, the staff remembered us and the White Orchid restaurant is a must to eat.
The Spa is exceptional and not over priced, rooms very spacious and very clean, pool / beach areas spotless. We did find this year staff attitudes were much better - although good 1st time round they seemed to excel this year.
All in all a very relaxing holiday and I would NOT hesitate to recommend to anyone wanting pure relaxation in very sumptuous surrounding.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcorn21
Dear jcorn21,

As our returning guest, I was very happy to read your positive review and I truly appreciate your recommendations to other travelers. I am indeed very pleased to know that on this occasion we managed to meet your expectations. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about the rooms which you felt were very clean and spacious, as well as the beach and swimming pool areas which you found to be spotless. I was equally glad to know that you had the chance to dine at our very own White Orchid restaurant and to visit the Spa.

The kind compliments you have written about my team who looked after you are very much appreciated, and I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just returned from a family holiday at the Palm Tree Court. This was for a family of four, 2 adults and two children. We had the most amazing time, the accommodation was fantastic, all to a very high standard, beautifully cleaned with amazing attention to detail, chocolates by the bed at night along with turn down, fresh water bottles in the room, high quality toiletries. Buggy service to the villas if needed but we found we only used them when we had our luggage at the start and end of the holiday. The walk to the reception area and pool was 3 or 4 mins from the accommodation as we were in rooms starting with 10 if you have young children or the heat is too much you may wish to stay in closer accommodation up to the 5's.

The food was amazing we were all inclusive which I feel is a must with children as they were having drinks all through the day and ice lollies as it was very hot. The standard of service and the friendliness of the staff must be mentioned as this only enhanced what is already a fabulous holiday. Special mention to the ladies at the Fontana and White Orchid restaurants, Sian and Anushka who were very attentive and made time for the children.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Choose low numbers for accommodation eg up to rooms between 1 - 5 to be closest to the reception/ po...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa R
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Lisa R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

It was great to know that you had decided to spend your family holiday with us. I was pleased to hear that you had the most amazing time at the resort, and you also found your accommodation to be fantastic, very high standard and beautifully cleaned with amazing attention to detail.

I was equally glad to read that you were satisfied with our All-Inclusive package, and I must say that we received lots of high praise from most of our valued guests who opted this package during their stay with us.

We will work collectively to achieve our common goals by supporting and understanding each other. The standard of service and friendliness you received from my team is definitely a true reflection of our heartfelt hospitality.

North Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Spent 15 nights in the Residence either side of Ramadam and we had a fantastic time - Having returned a couple of days ago I am struggling to find fault with any aspect of our experience in Dubai. The weather (as predicted) was glorious and we all had a great time with excellent food and was able to experience a wide range of facilities including the Spa, Pistol Shooting, Mini Golf as well as getting on the courteousy bus to check out the various Shopping Malls including Mall of the Emirates, Dubail Mall and IBN Buttuta Mall. This cost me a fortune (as expected) but was a welcome break from the intense sun and the humidity. Check-in was a little disorganised but that was soon rectified and this is the only thing that I can find fault with over the 15 nights. The hotel is fantastic and has lovely grounds which are well kept and makes this a little oasis in the middle of the desert - I was worried about the hotel being a remote but a £15 taxi can take you 40 minutes into central Dubai - what a bargain !!! (same taxi in the Uk would cost you £60 to £70 plus) or you can use their courteousy bus (free) which is a great service. Staff can make or break a hotel and we found everyone incredibly friendly and there are too many staff to mention accross all areas of the hotel. Staying in the Residences enabled us to access to the Signature Lounge and Signature Pool plus many other added benefits and that was worth the extra for sure - the Butler Team led by Islam were amazing - very helpful and could not do enough with particular mentions to Njenga, Almaz, Noor and Joseph - Robert (barman) and Luhira (Pool Attendant) were also great and looked after us day after day and always took the time to chat with you - customer service is a key aspect at this hotel and they deliver time afer time even when having to deal with some very rude people and there were a few. Many other reviews have also highlighted this hotel as being excellent with the hotel moving up the Trip Advisor ranking and in my view is very worthy of this position and no doubt it will be top 10 soon. On arrival, we were also treated to champagne, red wine and some choccies - a lovely touch after a long flight from Manchester. One thing that struck me when talking to a number of families during our stay (as well as to the hotel staff) is that there are a lot of customers who return year after year and I can see why. Dubai has certainly changed since my last visit over 15 years ago but the whole family felt safe even when treckking in central Dubai and the Gold Souk. Hope to be back in 2015 but may think of October as the weather is a little cooler, less humid but still so much nicer than the climate we suffer in the UK. Food is excellent accross the hotels and we ate in White Orchid (Asian - excellent), La Traviata (Italian - excellent), IBN Majed (buffet - excellent range), La Fontana (buffet - great service) and Shooters (tex mex - massive portions). The Bateaux Dubai (boat trip along the river) trip is also a great experience of seeing Dubai in all its night time glory at the same time of having a fantastic meal - check out the reviews for Bateau Dubai.

Room Tip: Residences Room was fab - a little more that the jamsine Suites or the Standards Rooms but the acces...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Richard A,

I was extremely delighted to read that you had a fantastic time whilst staying with us. I can see that you thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of facilities and amenities available at the resort. I also enjoyed reading your nice remarks about the position we currently have in TripAdvisor.

At the resort, we do also try to offer a good selection of International cuisine and different culinary themes in our very own restaurants. Your recommendations and high ratings that you have given with regards to the food served in our available restaurants, are very nice to have.

Dubai has now become a very popular tourist destination, and also famous as a shopping hotspot. I was glad that you had a chance to visit some shopping malls through our complimentary shuttle service.

It is with regret to have learnt of your arrival experience, which I can confirm that it is not to our usual high standards of service. I am very pleased to let you know that we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, and it was lovely to read your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us. I will definitely share these outstanding compliments with them.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Can't believe how this hotel maintains such a first class service. I've said it all before as to quality of service, cleanliness and I could list individual members of staff who work towards this high standard so here are just a few.
RAJITHA White Orchid Restaurant
DENIS. Pool Bar
JOSIAH Captains Bar
All there associates they work with are great at making guests feel so welcome.
Thanks for another great holiday

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Yasser M, Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear malcolm M,

We lived by our values to ensure that we deliver on the commitments we make for our guests, and I was happy to know that you had an amazing stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort cleanliness as well as the quality of service that you received whilst staying with us.

Making our guests comfortable and able to provide a home away from home feel is really a remarkable achievement for my entire team; some of whom you have acknowledged by name. I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed in the Royal Jasmine Suites. A few steps away from the glorious beach and pools. A very friendly butler team who can't do enough to make your stay amazing. A luscious golf course for professionals and beginners, a shooting club which is well equipped for beginners or more experienced shooters like us! Tennis,sailing, water sports, gym and horse riding. All this with an amazing Spa offering exotic head massages, facials, manicures etc. An essential to try is the Royal Hammam! This has to be the best one I've ever had and I am a global spa hopper! Restaurants are superb and there are ten to choose from. Excellent wine list to suit every pallet. Complimentary transport to the Dubai Mall for a designer labels spree. Kids club and baby
sitting available. The signature pool is reserved for signature/royal suite guests only which means you will never be short of a pool side, beach view sun bed. There are golf buggies on hand to transport you around this vast resort. Beautiful peacocks roam around the entire resort! A great choice for our annual family vacation. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Leenealem,

At the resort, we foster an environment that encourages ideas and creativity to making a difference, and creating memorable experiences for all our guests. It was lovely to read your positive review and to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It was great to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. I was extremely pleased to read your comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the quality of food and beverages across all the restaurants the beautiful peacocks as well as all the spa and additional facilities which you found to be amazing.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to the rest of my team who looked after you during stay with us, whom you felt were very nice, friendly. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is our 8th time back to palm tree court - it's our favourite place in the world to spend our vacation. The staff are always polite and helpful. We always feel that we are the only ones staying there. Special mention to Robin in the Fontana pool bar. He remembered us from previous years. Also the new receptionist Diane was more than helpful - a great addition to the staff at palm tree court. We are already looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mazza220
Dear Mazza220,

We provide an environment which captures the generous spirit of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury where it reflects our value of making a difference by creating memorable experiences for all our guests.

As a regular guest to the resort, I was pleased to know that you had a fantastic stay once again with us and that we are still able to meet your expectation on this occasion. We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, some whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.