“Amazing Family Hotel”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #33 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights from 06/08/2014 to16/08/2014 and have to say this is probably the best all inclusive we have stayed in.We work for an airline and are fortunate to get to travel the world and can say this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in.From the moment we arrived we were bowled over by the wonderful staff who could not do enough for you.From the room attendant to the staff who worked on reception ,in the restaurants etc they are a credit to the hotel.The food was outstanding especially at Shooters ,Captains Bar by the beach and the buffet breakfast and dinner at la Fontana.We had all inclusive which even included icecreams such as magnums,cornettos which our 2boys of 6 and 11yrs old had great pleasure of eating a the pool bars every day.Our room was in block 4 and was huge with every amenity you could want during your stay it even included elemis products,turndown service at night with chocolates,fresh ice and towels etc.This hotel even had its own resident camels which came out late afternoon for free rides along the beach.This was very popular with children and the adults.This hotel may be situated 40mins or so from central dubai but their free shuttle buses to the dubai mall,Atlantis and 2 other malls were very efficient and popular.We agree with many of the other reviews and suggest you must bring your family as this hotel is certainly 5star from the gorgeous food to the staff where it's obvious customer service is their priority.We will definately be returning and it's obvious whilst staying here that there are many regular guests who keep coming back year after year.Keep up the good work !!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lesley M
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Lesley M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

I was extremely pleased to read that you found the resort to be one of the best hotels you have stayed in. We are always genuine, sincere and honest in everything that we do; hence, I truly valued the compliments you have written about my team who looked after you during your stay with us.

Most of our guests at the resort enjoy the All-Inclusive package that we are offering. It was nice to hear from you that you and your family also appreciated the privileges included in All-Inclusive package, and also enjoyed the quality of food served in our various restaurants available.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

have seen some of the reviews but in my opinion you would not get the quality of foods in Majorca
as you do at this hotel the restaurants are superb the drinks are all quality brands and spirits are all quality brands the problem with this hotel is it is getting so popular and good value for money
and the place is idyllic with its gardens and peacocks roaming everywhere that at times it is just not big enough this year I had no problems booking restaurants the service was excellent the staff were most helpful the lady who makes the booking made our anniversary very special so a big thank you to her .the rooms are very big with a spacious bathroom .this is very much a beach resort with a great kids club lots of restaurants to try the al inclusive package is a must at this resort but a great 5 star holiday.my only advice would be remember your standards and keep to that remind the staff the guest are the most important people which I have felt

Room Tip: the rooms at palm tree court are all good but ask for room near reception try butta gate mall for s...
3  Thank barry h

Dear barry h,

First and foremost, I would like to personally wish you a belated “Happy Anniversary!” As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I was glad that you were very satisfied with the level of service you received from my team and even witnessed the heartfelt hospitality which we are known for.

It was also lovely to hear that you found your accommodation to be spacious, as well as your enjoyment with regards to the activities that we have for children, various restaurants to choose from and the All-Inclusive package that we are offering.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just returned from a 10 days holidays at Dubai. This is our 4th time in Dubai and the first time we didn't stay at one of the big known 5 star hotels which they have waterparks. The reason for that, is that our kids turned over 12 yo and those hotels did not accept us as a family in one room. So, budget wise, we chose this hotel because it accepted kids under 16 yo, in the same room with parents. That is when we've had the first problem. We made the booking through Booking.com, for B&B. As soon as I gave my credit card information and I clicked to confirm the reservation, I received an automated e mail confirmation which said that kids share same room with parents if they are under 12 yo (or younger, I do not remember exactly). I've sent an e mail to the hotel asking them to clarify this. Instead, they send me an invoice for a new reservation (much higher priced). After that, I've replied that I am cancelling the reservation, but I do not accept cancellation fees. Then, an agent from Booking.com got involved and the hotel gave me a confirmation that my kids will share the same room with us. That was the first discrepancy between Booking.com's website and Hotel's terms . I find it unacceptable and not a usual Dubai customer service standard to have to exchange several e mails to resolve a problem which wasn't mine.
When we arrived, we have received a very friendly and warm welcome. All hotel areas are very clean and beautiful. Staff is professionally trained and can be compared to the known Dubai hotels I mention above, reg. customer service. We've spend only 5 days at the hotel during daylight. At 4 of those, the pools were overcrowded. Still, they were clean. Life guards were not sufficient, one for every pool, so there were areas in the water, out of Life Guard's view. For safety reasons, I believe that this issue must be addressed immediately.
Guests reserve sunbeds by the pools before they have breakfast. Vacations means worries-free. If I have to wake up early in the morning to reserve beds, this is a major negative point in my view.
The most frustrating experience we've had concerns a discrepancy between Booking.com's website and Hotel's terms - again. According to Booking.com we were supposed to have a free motorized watersport session and one of each non motorized ones, for ex. kayak, windsurfing, etc. At check in they confirmed that and told us that this applies for all four of us. We had our motorized one, trouble free. When we went for the second one, they told us that we don't have any other free watersport session, unless we are on all inclusive basis. That, on our first days at the hotel. I had to go back to our room (about 10 min. walk), get the hard copy of my reservation, show it to a very polite gentleman at the front desk who really did tried to resolve that issue, they made themselves a copy and gave it to the duty manager, apologized, called there in my presence the water sports hut and told them that I am entitled to every one of the listed water sports. When we went there, again they told us that we don't get any!!!! Then a supervisor said ok, we could do a session right now. Next day, the same story!!! "You are not all inclusive you can not have any other water sport." And they blamed Booking.com on this. "They shouldn't give you such offer". After a discussion with a lady supervisor at the water sports booth, I told her that they are wasting my time, on which she replied that her time is wasted as well. What they requested from me there, makes me think that those persons are not sufficiently trained like the rest of the hotel stuff. They wanted me to give them a copy of my reservation, like I could carry a copy in my swimsuit pocket, or tell them the name of the person I spoke with at the front desk, the day before!!! Finally they gave my kids another session. That was the last time I bothered to ask for a free watersport. Even if the duty manager had a copy of my reservation from the first days of my stay, they did not resolve this matter during my entire stay at the hotel. Either a big communication problem between higher management and staff, or inability to respond and resolve such issues effectively. They propably chose to sort this out with Booking.com, instead of resolving the issue on customer's favorite. Such a small problem not being resolved immediately, made me not wanting to bother any more, so we skipped any other watersport activities.
Rooms are spacious and clean. Sound insulation could be slightly better, specially the balcony door. You may not believe this, but air conditioning was set to the maximum and even so, the room temperature was high, not comfortable, for short periods of time. Wherever you go at Dubai, the air conditioning makes you feel cold. We did not report this to the operator though.
Despite the many families, a quite and comfortable place to spend your holidays. A free club car (golf car) to drive you to reception or restaurants, which is good especially if you have a room at a distance from the main building.
The hotel is situated at some distance from the port, away from the city center. However, no worries about it. From the hotel there is no way you will notice that a port is in the area. No noise or anything related to port operations is noticeable.
A free bus gives you daily a complimentary ride to the big malls and to a waterpark.
Nice and clean hotel, polite and friendly staff, absolutely beautiful gardens and surroundings with peacocks walking free.
Overall: Absolutely fine hotel. Clean and quiet. Friendly and well trained staff. Beautiful gardens and landscape.
Be very careful when you book through a third party website. If there is any discrepancy, I do not believe that they will do anything about it. Ours concerned free non motorized watersports (nothing that costs any money) and they didn't resolved it during our whole stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear ConEfChriMa,

We value all our guest feedback and it was a great pleasure to have had the chance to read through your very detailed review with regards to your experience with us. As we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations of providing exceptional service; please rest assured that I do take all feedback on our customer service very seriously as we value your opinion. I have personally discussed this with our management team in detail and we were sincerely disappointed to learn of your very unfortunate experience and would like to invite you to contact us directly on generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in further details.

I do also appreciate your kind words about the resort and its facilities, the rooms which you found to be nice and clean, the complimentary shuttle bus to the malls as well as the resorts serene ambience and well maintained gardens.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words about my team who looked after you during your stay with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived 10/8 around 8.30am with my wife and 13yr old son. Was advised by travel agent to book an extra night so we got the room straight away but we didn't so can't complain about having to wait until 3pm to get it.
Was told the All Inclusive started at 12.00hrs and we'd have to pay for breakfast but after a bit of talking we were given a voucher to use so all was good.
We got our room in the Residence section and were all very impressed, huge bed, bathroom & shower. Lots of wardrobe space with rooms made up everyday and water delivered every evening.
There is a mini bar in your room but you are charged for what ever you use, personally I think they should just have drinks in there and no food and include it in your AI package.
The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained with lots of fish, big koi and different birds including lots of peacocks but they were no bother.
The crows could be a problem especially when eating at the beach restaurant and kids leaving food to go and play on the beach. The birds are very clever and use the food (mainly bread ) and dunk it in the pool then go to the rivers and use it as bait to catch a fish!
If you don't leave food lying around they aren't a problem and certainly didn't bother us.
The pools were lovely and warm and a welcome relief from the very hot weather, I would say in these months when it's so hot the pools could be bigger when you take in to consideration the size of the complex.
Beds are reserved (or certainly were) while we we there and if you didn't get a towel on by 9am you wouldn't get a bed around our pool.
Pool bar was great, Sirocco and Arjun were great and always smiling considering how busy they were and he heat they are a credit.
Lots and lots of free beds on the beach if that's your thing and the beach was very nice, sea lovely and warm and sand was white hardly any seaweed.
Not a great view of the half finished metro line out at sea as they are soon to re-start to building of a new Palm which will be bigger than the one already finished in the city.
Lovely Marina with some very nice big boats and a beautiful Golf Course.
In terms of food we had breakfast on the first day in La Triviesta under the reception this is the main restaurant with themed evenings every night. Breakfast was very average in there and we used The White Orchid after and it was 100% better! maybe it was the decor but it just felt more 3 star than 5.
Lunch times and evenings were all excellent with some very lovely food, loads of choice with my favourite night being the Butchers night.
We ate at Shooters twice and on both occasions it was excellent and a must for anyone who likes a good steak.
The White Orchid ( Thai) Shooters ( Steakhouse/Mexican) La Fontana (Italian) are all Al a carte and have to be booked, I'd suggest book them when you arrive as we tried and could only get 6pm or 9.30pm so anything between 7.30-8.30 is prime time so book early to avoid disappointment.
With the exception of Shooters which you have to take the free air conditioned bus to get to the others are all on the complex.
The White Orchid on an evening has a cocktail bar, very nice with a lady singing (when her children weren't playing up) she was ok but shouldn't be bringing her kids with her to work....
The best for us was the Sports Bar as the service was great and a better atmosphere.
In all the bars you had Carlsberg, Fosters and Tiger beer on draught with Peroni, Carona bottles all part of your AI and at the Sports Bar add Magnors Cider and Stella to the list.
Couldn't complain about the alcohol choice.
As everyone comments I'd concur and say the restaurant and bar staff make this hotel, they are excellent.
As it's a big hotel you get the option of being taken around on a golf cart, just ask outside the front and the concierge guys will sort it. Particularly good at night going from one side of the resort to the other.
Things I'd say they could improve on, the entertainment at night whilst the 4 singers were ok they weren't 5 star so they really need some quality entertainment on each night for adults and to stop kids running around they also need entertaining.
The only issue is there is no building currently big enough to do this in.
Would I recommend to friends? Yes for sure but no more than 10 days as you will get bored at night if you don't get a taxi in to the city which is about £15 which is great value considering it's a 35/40 minute drive.
And your waist will get very big if you stay for 2 weeks ;-)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Residence rooms so you got access to the private Signatures pool. Also it had a sea...
5  Thank CraigRMidlands
Yasser M, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear CraigRMidlands,

I must say that your review is indeed thorough and truthful, which is very nice to read, as this will allows us to constantly strive to meet and exceed our valued guest’s expectations.

I was happy to know that you were impressed with your accommodation, and you were also pleased with the overall aspects of the resort.

We do endeavor to offer a wide selection of dishes in various restaurants we have for all our International guests. It is always music to my ear every time I received some nice words about the quality and choice of food served, and I am very thankful for the high praises you have given. You have candidly written and gave commendations to every dining experience you have had at the resort, and I can see that you also had several favorites amongst the restaurants.

You have also highlighted some areas for improvement for us to continually improve our services across the resort, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your positive and constructive comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team for their review, and to make any necessary changes.

Last but not the least, please let me personally thank you for your positive comments with regards to my team. As we are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, I truly appreciated the compliments you have said and I will ensure that these are shared with them accordingly.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have just returned from a fab holiday at The Palm Tree Court. What a lovely place! We had a great beach view apartment but all are set in lush, idyllic gardens with peacocks roaming everywhere. Rooms are absolutely spotless and very spacious, as is the bathroom. Also the Elemis products, which are replenished everyday were a nice bonus!
We booked on a bed & breakfast basis for ten nights. On checking in we charged an amount on the credit card and then just signed for everything we wanted... For a family of three this worked out to be great value! We did mix up our holiday with trips out but still spent a lot of time at the resort and didn't skimp on anything...
The beach is lovely, not busy at all even though the resort was fully booked. The water was shallow and really warm... Beach towels are provided and also much needed umbrellas for some shade from the 40+ heat! It's no problem though... there are the fab pools with swim up bars, a welcome break to cool down and enjoy a drink!
Breakfast is great with loads of choice, something for everyone...
Restaurants are all great, we took a particular shine to the sports bar by the marina. Great food, with a relaxed atmosphere and you can catch the football on TV as well.
Lots to do at the resort if you so wish but also a very relaxing atmosphere.
All the staff were amazing, so helpful... Nothing was too much trouble!
The whole resort is immaculate.
The Complimentary shuttle bus is fab!! We never needed a taxi... We visited the shopping malls several times etc... Battuta mall is only 15-20 mins away, Emirates mall 25-30 and Dubai mall with the Burj Khalifa (worth doing) is about 40-45mins... You can also grab the shuttle bus to The Atlantis on the Palm, very nice... We also visited Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi which was impressive! Our 15 yr old son loved it! This trip from the hotel runs on a Wednesday if you wanted to plan your holiday.
We had a fab holiday, loved Dubai and would definitely recommend The JA Palm Tree Court

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Sally G,

It was nice to know that you had a fabulous holiday whilst staying with us! I was also happy to read that you found your accommodation to be spotlessly clean and very spacious.

For the comfort and convenience of our valued guests, we are offering various facilities, amenities and services at the resort which includes complimentary shuttle service to well-known shopping malls in Dubai, wide selection of culinary themes in our very own restaurants, and a lot more. I was glad to hear that you were satisfied with every experience you have had.

We embrace the importance of recognizing our associates’ successes, thus, your kind notes about my team are highly appreciated and I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely hotel with beautiful gardens with waterfalls and peacocks roaming, best option is to go All
Inclusive as the drinks and food can be quite expensive, lovely food at all the restaurants, but didnt like the white orchard restaurant for evening dinner, get much tastier food at my local chinese restaurant.The complementary dinner cruise was ok but if you got kids they have to pay.All branded drinks are included and bottled lagers at the hotel and you can also eat and drink at the sister JA beach hotel which is also great, will i go again yes definitely.

Room Tip: Try to get Royal Jasmine suite as it comes with it's own swimming pool where other guest can not...
1  Thank del777
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear del777,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and the food served in our very own restaurants. I must say that the All-Inclusive package that you opted to was a very nice choice, as we also received lots of pleasing reviews from most of our valued guests about it.

I was surprised to read that you were not satisfied with the food served in one of our restaurants. The feedback that you have given is apparently something new to us and should your time permit, I would be most interested to receive further details from you, in order for us to address your concerns, and where possible make necessary improvements.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed one week, all inclusive with my pal. Resort is approx. 30 mins away from the action but as we wanted to relax, this was ideal and you have the use of the shuttle bus to bring you down to the shopping malls as you want!
Apart from the luxury of the hotel, the staff are the key difference.. they are warm, welcome, eager to please, go the extra mile to help you and ensure that your stay is second to none.
The on site restaurants are a treat - lovely cocktails in the White Orchid, especially went down a treat. Poolside is where we hung out alot, lots of beds free and being able to swim up to the bar was a delight.
Bedrooms are huge - separate walk in shower and tub. Nice balcony and air conditioning is a god send. And you get Elemis toiletries!
The difference here is definitely the staff - we loved it here and if I was ever coming back to Dubai, I would stay here again. Oh and the resident peacocks were a treat!

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SkinnyminnyMoo12

Dear SkinnyminnyMoo12,

It was lovely to read that you considered the resort to be a luxurious hideaway wherein you truly enjoyed! I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to the complimentary shuttle service to various shopping malls, the restaurants available at the resort especially to White Orchid, as well as the facilities and amenities in your accommodation.

My team is always recognised for their outstanding service and heartfelt hospitality, and it was indeed a pleasure to know that you also felt their sincerity towards their actions.