“Very nice ”
Review of Donatello Hotel

Donatello Hotel
Ranked #243 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I really like it , the check in was smooth and the apartment was very nice and clean , the location is very good next to mall of emirates walking distance . Very polite staff , the service was very good , good value for money , It's highly recommended for families ❤️

Stayed: December 2013
DonatelloHotel, Front Office Manager at Donatello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2014

Dear Dahliajj,

Thank you for staying with us and for your time in providing your review. We are very delighted to read of your satisfaction on our staff, service, and rooms.

Thank you, again, for choosing Donatello Hotel Apartments. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back to our hotel.

Jearim Dancel
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Did everything I expected. Reliable fast and free internet. Small but well maintained gym. Could not find a breakfast package option when booking (stayed here twice) on booking.com. Seemed strange since most other hotels offered this. Since the name recently changed from Coral Boutique Hotel, most taxi drivers did not know the new name. Taxis was however easy to find in the morning, minimal delay.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Henmeist

Dear Henmeist,

Thank you for staying at the Donatello Hotel Apartments. We are delighted to read that your expectations were met during your stay with us.

We also thank you for your comment regarding the breakfast option. We have included this in our considerations and we already have this option available for guests booking though our hotel's website.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Jearim Dancel
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Brilliant place to stay. Rooms were so large and very clean. A lot nicer than I would have expected for the money we paid ( group of 6 girls). Location was very good, always taxis outside hotel (too hot to walk far). Mall of emirates beside hotel, walking distance. Staff very nice, always ready to help. Room service very good also. Pool was great, guy working there always ready to help with towels or moving sun loungers. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Dubai who isn't looking to stay in 5*, glad we didn't spend anymore than we did on a hotel because Donatello was all we could have wanted.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Caro367
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We were at Donatello for a week, and it truly felt like home. The appartments are very well furnished and spacious. All utilities like washing machines, stove was fully functioning. Staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Swimming pool is also well mantained. The view of Burj Al Arab from the poolside is amazing. Taxi and other bookings can be done from the hotel itself at good rates. To sum it up, Donatello made our stay in Dubai relaxing amd confortable. Would surely stay here the next time too!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Right from the proximity to Mall of Emirates to the friendly greeting of the front desk staff, the property seemed a good find for business and family occasions.
With the atrium coffee shop tucked behind the lobby, the ambience was inviting and comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

You get a junior suite (with living room, spacious bathroom and kitchenette) for the price at which most hotels in the area would give you a small room. The furnishings are very good quality, staff was helpful and television had good collection of English channels. Its pretty good location wise. MOE is walking distance, marina and JBR are 10-15 minutes taxi ride. They have 24 hrs room service, wifi was free (a little slow though).
The only problem worth mentioning is the breakfast spread. Its very basic and repetitive.

Room Tip: There are tall buildings on both sides which are pretty boring. Road facing isnt great either but wo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was apprehensive when I booked this hotel through a site because I had never heard of such. WELL!!! I can not say enough about this establishment and especially its staff. THE LOCATION IS IDEAL (Al Barsha)!!! You can see the Mall of the Emirates (open until 12 midnight with skiing inside:) from the front door and its a block away. I was crushed when I could not afford to stay at the beach area because I am such a beach goer, but it all worked out for the best because the beach is a (short) ride away from all the attractions I wanted to have at arms reach. This hotel did not sound like much or look like much from the outside BUT when we got to our APARTMENT I was over the moon. It was huge!! Looked like 20ft ceilings throughout, full kitchen (huge- washing machine, too) all mable floors, 2 bathrooms, foyer area, 2 flat screens, 2 showers and 2 bathrooms, stove for cooking, pots, pans, silverware, living room, huge bedroom, updated and stylish, alost floor to ceiling windows, comfortable bed, great lighting fixtures, ironing board, room safe, free internet (24hrs) no need to bring your laptop), roof-top pool w/jacuzzi- heated (and views of landmarks), spa, etc... And ALL this was in the one bedroom apt which is the smallest size apt they have. If you get the 2/3 bedroom you also get a balcony:) The balcony is a nice size with patio furniture. The room was exceptional on face value but I'm big on clean hotels (if there is such a thing) and I checked out corners of all the rooms- no dust, and clearly cleaned, checked out drawers and they were all spotless with no dust, and was on the lookout for any type of pest control problem--NONE NONE NONE!!! Never even saw a spider or ant!!! Not a single hair on the floor of the bathroom, etc. I left a decent tip on the counter of the kitchen cause I was impressed. The pictures of this place do not provide it justice. Every time you walk in and out of the place, they rush to hold the door for you. When I got orange juice in the morning the staff asked if I would mind waiting a minute (it was literally a minute) so they could make it fresh squeezed???? I would have waited 10 minutes for fresh squeezed!!!! How often to ppl pause to make such an effort? Sign me up...every time!!! The Mall of the Emirates has the sister store to the USA's Walmart, thus you can get fresh baked food and keep it in the refrigerator (in your room) and reheat on the stove or microwave. This cuts huge cost on eating out. BUT the best part about staying here was the staff!!! Everyone was quick to get it right and be helpful. I have no idea why some reviews complained about staff not smiling, etc.. The staff I encountered were QUICK to smile and it made me wonder what the heck they were so smiley about? I'm a Jersey Girl so it was a culture shock. But do not get me wrong, Jersey People are awesome-- we just do not go around smiling for the sake of smiling!! Speaking of staff, a special, special thank you to: Richard, Jearim, Mama Fe, Joy, Mahmoud, and Shaddy (this man never sleeps/always at work)!!! These folks went out of their way to make our (was traveling with my 13yr old son) stay very memorable. I just got home today (landed in Dulles and drove all the way back to Jersey) and wanted to get this review in before I get back to everyday real life...busy busy busy!!! Again, this is the place to be. People from around the world were guest here and it's a quiet little nook in a very busy place. I travel the world for a living (20 yrs and counting) and have stayed with some grand establishments but I say this takes the cake due to the staff. Side note: taxi's are cheap and easy to get--not like NYC:), crime is at nearly 0% so I felt safe walking w/ my child at night. The streets in this area have lots of lighting and ppl are always out...kinda like NYC. Folks go about their business and ignore you on the streets I never felt like my personal space (no one ask you for money, cigs, etc.) was being invaded and I trust no one on the streets. --Especially when my child is present. I'm a protective mamma bear type. I have nothing but good things to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants the 5 star treatment without a matching tag:) I hope to return again but I will only stay here if I do!! And, I think they give you a discount with a 3 (or more) nights stay. The staff find you all the tours you want without the high price tag. Desert safari w/camel ride, dune buggy ride, Arab BBQ dinner, belly dancers, etc. was the bomb:) And only $50 US dollars!!!!

Room Tip: All apartments are huge but try to get one facing the Mall of the Emirates. I was facing (rm 303)ne...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family