“Its ok for a Stop over”
Review of Dubai Palm Hotel

Dubai Palm Hotel
Ranked #493 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 23 December 2011

had the opportunity to stay in this big but "OK" hotel as a stop over in Dubai. Staffs are friendly, rooms are ok and the food is OK too (unusual for a hotel in Dubai). The rooms were bit old fashioned again unusual for Dubai. The location is great. Very close to the city center. The toilets are bit faded out and gloomy. I won't recommend for any reason except for a stop over. 1 night sleep at an affordable price. For family members, be aware of this hotel and the locality. You may not like if you are travelling with your family.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank daudratul

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed here for three days and this was 8th time of my stay in dubai.I can explain here acceptable when you consider price.
Most of the time I chose some place near city cener or Reghe. Therefore because I tried different location was fantastic. This location is very good place with good acess to shoopings and resturants.
At first , the reception give my room 2 hours before chech in time and also upgrade my room from triple to swit free charge and therefore , it was warm welcome!
the receptionist was not friendly , but she is informative and serious.
About roon they are clean and acceptable but they are not luxurious.
The lunch and breakfast was delicious but not variable.
But the worst thing about this palce is no acsess to internet. Can you consider a place without internet in 21 century!
in ground floor there are some discoo , therefore it is better to choose the third or fourth floor to stay , because of sound at night.
in a nut shell I will return here!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Babak S
Reviewed 2 August 2011

the staff were friendly, the area is close to the center and the staff were pretty friendly. The food was not great but good enough for the price. the rooms were basic but for the price it was not bad. the only thing i would suggest if you are a family be careful because there are a lot of prostitutes which doesn't look great for kids. otherwise not a bad hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alensandler
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Can it get any worse than this hotel? The reviews don't lie. This is the worst hotel I have ever been. This is NOT a 3 star hotel but a very dirty and loud motel. We were greeted by a very rude and angry female receptionist who was angry at us for no reason. She was the most unpleasant person we saw in Dubai. The so called 2 bed room suit had only one dirt bathroom which was leaking all the time we stayed there. There were not enough towels and house keeping almost non existence. There were smear of blood and stain on the mattresses. The music was so loud at nights even after we changed our room and went to the 3th floor (highest floor) still could not sleep until 2 pam. The smell in the hotel is intolerable. The food is awful. Although I appreciated the vegetarian options but the quality was so bad I couldn’t eat breakfast there even though I paid for it. The prostitutes around the hotels makes it not family friendly and unsafe. They even called our room and asked if we want a gust. My husband and I couldn’t wait to get out of there. Don’t go there; there are many good hotels in Dubai.

Room Tip: don't go there is Terrible
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth m
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Unfortunately, the Hotel was in a prime location but the facilities and service is not at all good.....

There are several bars on-site and makes me feel unsafe in the place.

The smell in the corridors as well as in the room is terribble.

To my surpirse, the Breakfast was aweful.... only boiled eggs and sausages with French Toast, no other viands... additionally, the venue is not conjusive for an early breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank TrendyLoner
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I was one of the most unfortunate persons to stay in this hotel.
A flock of hookers rushed to me and offered their ‘services’. Counter boy (Neeraj) and other Bengali staff were good; else it was a nightmare to stay over there. I booked the room through a booking website, but hotel owner insisted to pay 75 AED = US$ 20 (extra), I had no other option but to pay.

As many as 7 night clubs don’t let you sleep until it struck 03:00 AM. Breakfast was disgusting and I won’t take it even if it is offered free. I was amazed to see owners of the hotel (Mr. Meesam & Mr. Muhammad) checking ‘breakfast tokens’ in a very rough manner. Isn’t this an insult of the guests?

Parking is offered ‘free’, but you will have to pay AED 25/night, while getting ur car back,

At the ground floor, is an Indian restaurant (Kalpaka Vadi), don’t step in there, Food is worse and prices are high.

Rooms are bad, with old carpets. I did call at the reception so many times to clean the bath room and provide soap and towel but it was all in vain. TV had only 8 channels. You will have to change the channels manually or buy battery cells for the remote to bring it operational (as I did).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank Luckyblessed
Reviewed 15 January 2011

just terrible you can not sleep until 2 am when bars are clossed because of load noise, spilliters leak water to the curtain and made it dirty , trust me do not test it

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business