“Excellent Resrot”

Ranked #13 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Resrot”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed thee with my family, and I can proudly say that I really enjoyed my stay from all aspects; food, room quality, pool, view, treatment. I was confused between it and other available resorts in Dubai palm, but after staying there I am sure that I made the right choice. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

1 Thank Mazen H
JanMoenkedieck, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Mazen H

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family. Thank you for posting your review and your recommendation. Please come back real soon!

Jan Moenkedieck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hi this review is based on my visit during the first week of March. It started with the check in process which seemed to take forever to be completed as some of the staff were clueless and had to constantly refer to other team members to complete the process. Upon checking in, we (being a part of a group) had a BBQ dinner arranged on the lawn which was quite disappointing as well. The marination was very poor, the bread was too hard to be classified as edible and limited options. However, the desert was good and so was the variety.

The room was clean and well appointed, the linen was felt fresh.

As for the bathroom, the water that flowed from the taps were reddish brown and this never seemed to stop in spite of leaving the water running for over an hour. The shower was another disaster as there was no hot water, just freezing cold water.

Ordering drinking water through room service took just under 2 hours. However, they did call to enquire if we did receive the water 20 minutes after we placed the order. Finally we received the same through one of their staff wandering around the floor.

The breakfast that followed the following day was probably the highlight of the stay as the options were excellent, food was fresh and variety was excellent.

I do understand that the hotel might be new and all that but ..... its the famous Waldorf Astoria we are talking of ...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vivek S
JanMoenkedieck, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Vivek S

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am sorry to read about your disappointments. We will work hard on improving the points you mentioned and I hope that one day we can demonstrate better service to you.

loire valley
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I attended and paid for a business function at The Waldorf Astoria Dubai on a trip there from France.
The service was poor and the communication skills were virtually non-existent. As I have a food allergy and it was a cocktail and finger food presentation, I asked the service staff to inform me as to what the dish contained. Not only did they not know this, they did not even know the name of the item being served. I asked them (3 separate staff members) to enquire from the kitchen, but without ever seeing them again. I asked for a glass of water 11 times before actually getting it. I never ate the evening at all.
So many staff, but no trained staff. What a shame when a company spends a fortune on building a wonderful property, but cannot invest in proper staff training.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear lecalabash

Thank you for posting your feedback and I am very disappointed to learn of your evening that left you without anything to eat due to our poor service. I would like to sincerely apologise for that. Please be assured that we will work hard on staff training to ensure the same situation does not occur again and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in the future.

Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at this very new hotel. I always think service makes the biggest difference to a hotel and if you agree this is the place for you. We found everyone very keen to help and nothing was too much trouble. We spent three full days at the hotel and used the restaurants, pool and also the car service. We had a great room but one minor flaw with the room is that whilst the desk has plug sockets a plenty, the ladies dressing table if bereft of a single socket which is not so good if you want to use a hairdryer. The pool was very good and staff quickly placed towels on the loungers which were in good supply. The water was very warm and a nice touch was when they handed out free flavoured ice cones. The location is good and bad, good in that it is quiet, nice beach and on the palm, bad in that it is a little way out of town, overall I would say more good than bad. In such a short stay we obviously did not use everything (and it was disappointing that the spa is behind schedule and not yet available) but as I said at the outset the staff attitude was really positive and this makes the biggest difference in my opinion.

Room Tip: Most rooms will get you some view of the sea. We mainly looked into the palm and that was very good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris O

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and sharing your experience. I am happy that you found our team members’ attitude was positive and you enjoyed the resort. I am also sorry that Spa was not quite ready during your stay – it is this week. We are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We decided to book one night at this hotel as a family treat. We were a little disappointed that book in time is 3pm (as this is a little late, I feel). All staff were very polite and booking in was smooth and efficient. We were asked if we needed an extra bed for our daughter, which we did, and were informed that they would send someone immediately to arrange this (no one came and we had to remind them 4 hours later!). The view from our room (453) was delightful (looking out toward the Burj Dubai and the shoreline). Bathroom, sumptuous, Bedroom spacious with very luxurious furnishings and bedding (bed very comfortable, by the way). The hotel itself (well the bits that are finished) are done so to a high standard, although you do have to walk past some areas that are still under construction. The spa is not yet complete, which was another disappointment. The view from the beach is wonderful, BUT...Beware the jellyfish! We were going to go into the sea, but noticed many jellyfish along the shoreline (some poor chap was walking along the shoreline picking up lots of jellyfish (unsure if this is a seasonal thing, but think that they need to pursue a fix for this if they want to encourage families with children to visit)). The pool area is lovely, plenty of beds and towels available, well staffed and the pool perfect temperature. Superb choice for everyone at breakfast, again staff very attentive, filling up juices and coffee/tea. One comment - I do think the dress code should be reinforced as I don't expect people to be in breakfast in the see through nightwear, wearing bad underwear...not pleasant and very off putting when you are eating...! Overall - staff are very attentive and the hotel is beautiful, not sure whether they should have opened when things are not complete and such as the spa, is not available to guests, but we were made to feel very welcome and it is in a beautiful location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sarah H

Thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your experience. I am glad that you found our team members are very attentive and made your stay a positive one. Our Spa is ready this week and I’m sorry we let you down that it was not quite ready during your stay. We are also currently installing a special net to keep the jellyfish out. We are always appreciative of constructive comments we receive and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Venice, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My Wife and I were on our way to Maldives from Los Angeles in February so we decided to spend a couple of days in Dubai and were lucky enough to choose to stay at Woldorf. Hotel is brand new and beautiful. The location was quiet peaceful and quiet, and the room had a beautiful view of the city over the water. Our standard room was very large and nicer than suites we had at other locations. We had limited time and needed help to fit in all of the sites we wanted to see. "Eduardo" at the concierge desk was more than helpful and was able to make all arrangements including hard to get reservations on very sort notice. I will credit Eduardo with informing the staff of our being on our honeymoon and we came back to a room full of rose petals and lovely chocolate desert our last night. If we find ourselves in Dubai again we will be staying at the Woldorf.

Best,
The Turners

Room Tip: Rooms with city view are spectacular.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott T
Dear Scott T

I am really happy to read your review – thank you very much! I am so glad that you appreciate our rooms and team members especially Eduardo, our Concierge. Please come back soon for another unforgettable moment!

Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

As a regular traveller to dubai I often try new locations to see what some of the new hotels have to offer. Dubai has some exceptional hotels to chose from and unfortunetly this is not one of them. I stayed at the WA this past week for two days with high expectations give the brand and price they were commanding for the stay there. Location is good on the Palm Jumeirah with views of Marina city, the burj, atlantis and more. Hotel is brand new and has just recently opened so with that comes pros and cons. The hotel itself is very fancy and exceptionally clean. Rooms were very well appointed but we were given a very poor room with bad views (this is odd given we are paying over $800/night). Service at this hotel is well....just atrocious. Staff at all levels (drivers, concierge, front desk, business center, pool area) are confused, rude in some cases (hotel car drivers not knowing where to go and being rude to us) and all around VERY ackward. It actually became a bit of a running joke as we constantly faced issue after issue with the staff. On many occasions the language barrier (english) would result in 5-6 people coming to aid the same request (getting a hotel car to drive 4 hotels down!) only to scurry off because they could not understand the nature of the request. This hotel is far to expensive for what you get and there are MANY other hotels in dubai that will get you far more value for money. This hotel is simply not at the level it needs to be operations wise, let alone for Dubai. The comical nature of this hotel's operations will leave you frustrated and in need of some relaxation elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool side on something other than the 1st floor. We were given a room f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Paco1paco
JanMoenkedieck, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Pacolpaco

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I’m very sorry that you did not entirely enjoy your stay and experienced some service shortfalls. Please be assured that we will work harder to ensure our guests experience the best the hotel has to offer. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you again.