“"GREAT HOLIDAY"”

Ranked #14 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“"GREAT HOLIDAY"”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A truly great hotel. great views, you can see the burj al arab from the gym!! marble floors, beautiful interior, good food variety at the breakfast buffet. staff are very attentive. family only pool area, as well as adults only pool area. free wifi, wifi is very good. The spa is out of this world, the experience showers are truly relaxing!!! check in was fairly quick, check out was fast. the only bad point was, they tried to charge me £9.00 for wifi. when wifi is free.would definitely visit again!!

Room Tip: sea view rooms are the best
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
JanMoenkedieck, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 24 August 2014

Dear 14Mazhar_H

Many thanks for your wonderful review! We provide basic complimentary internet access for all of our guests and charge to upgrade the internet service to a premium connection. I’m glad to hear you had a great holiday with us and especially you enjoyed Waldorf Astoria Spa - we look forward to your return real soon.

Jan Moenkedieck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is gorgeous. When we arrived, they took our luggage, and they lost it- we got it in our room about an hour later after we talked with the front desk and lounge staff 3 times. Then the loud arabian music that played all night! We stayed there in anticipation of a relaxing before our long flight back to the US, but that did not happen. I thought the music was coming from the lounge, however when I went down there to discuss, it was apparent it was from a hotel room. IT WAS THAT LOUD! After explaining how unhappy I was with my stay (this was at 5 am, I had already given up sleeping at 3:30 am), we were only compensated a free ride back to the airport. Oh, and since my husband insisted on robes from the room, they gave us that as well. They told us to come stay with them on a weekday- not a weekend when guests were partying. Seriously?! Seriously?!? I expected more from Waldorf- I am disappointed that they did not do more for us since we spent all that $$$ to stay with them (so I can have a good night's sleep)!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

1 Thank Leeanne S
Dear Leeanne S

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your experience. I’m sorry that we were not able to turn around your negative experiences prior to your departure on this occasion. I really hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again and demonstrate much better service to you.

Northwest
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A truly stunning new hotel.

My second visit is just over and it's fair to say the hotel offered even more on the second visit than the first.

The hotel is beautiful, understated, elegant and the public areas resemble a fine ocean liner of the early 20th century. Marble, murano glass and plush fittings make the place feel special without feeling over done.

Check in, is completed in a private room, with cold towels and refreshing green apple shots to refresh you after the long journey to the hotel. (The hotel Bentley collecting from the airport helped to relax too)

The suites and rooms are superbly fitted out. Beautiful bathrooms with huge shower rooms, bath tub TV's and some of the nicest views I've ever seen from a hotel.

The pools and beaches are stunning with more sun beds than guests and impeccable service. I'd always head to the infinity pool which is adult's only and very relaxing.

I hired a boat from the jetty to take me round the marina. Great value and highly recommend. Just speak to the concierge and they'll book it for you.

The only negative about the pool area is the pool bar which is ran by a stuffy man who makes his staff and guests very uncomfortable. I've visited four times in six months and he messed up our order four times. Sad really.

Other than him, the staff are exceptional, attentive and can't do enough for you. The entire operation is superb and special mentions go to Claudia, the concierge who is world class.

Can't wait to return. I stay in hotels everywhere, and this is the best I've ever visited.

Just book it folks.

Room Tip: Get a palm sea view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tonyblogging
JanMoenkedieck, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 18 August 2014

Dear tonypwatson

It was a pleasure to have you here and I’m so happy to hear our team members provided you with True Waldorf Service – our service philosophy! Claudia will be thrilled to hear your praise. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We checked in with friends,they were upgraded to a suite we however were not ,they are platinum members but we were all travelling together and it would've been a nice gesture seen as they checked us in together, they did offer us an upgrade eventually but at a cost, we arrived at the room only to be kept awake till 2 am by screaming twins next door ,playing and jumping on their beds and shouting and laughing ,called reception 4 times nothing was done ,next morning I complained to be told there were no rooms to move to eventually after a fuss they moved me but offered no compensation , again a drink or anything would have been a nice gesture , had to pack up and move all our luggage on our own ,not Waldorf standard . Food on the resturaunt is not great either we sent back our food as it was cold , water sports centre the boats etc are old and most don't work properly so we had to complain there also only to be told the boat we were in that broke down we couldn't get refunded for again another argument and they relented and gave us half the money back . Our friends complained as they had a noisy night on their room also with noisy neigbours and they were refunded their club lounge access money £60 per night , they need to treat all the guests the same , Syeed on reception told us that there were no twin rooms available on check in and told us that's not what we booked and we had to retrieve the email to show him ,then he told us there were no twin rooms available only king rooms and that if it wasn't suitable we would have to stay elsewhere. Really not Ealdorf standard at all ... We have stayed at many Waldorf but this is the worst so far. The pool side stinks of sewage we also mentioned this to them but no one was interested at all . The pool area was dirty with scum floating on the surface when another guest pointed this out and complained they started to scrub the scum off the tiles whilst the guests were in the water yuk ,,,,, a tray of drinks we had spilt over us also ,,, nothing done about this either ,,,, disgusted and feel very let Dow and ripped off we paid a lot of money for this holiday . Compensation is in order .

4 Thank griggsfi0na
Dear griggsfiona,

I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations and sincerely apologize that we let you down. Based on your reviews within the region, I cannot help but notice that overall you have been dissatisfied with your experiences here in the U.A.E. which is unfortunate. Nevertheless I have taken all of your comments on board and will personally look into each of the issues you have mentioned. I hope that we may have an opportunity to improve your perceptions of our services upon your next visit to Dubai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A first class hotel! We had a excellent 10 day stay and nothing was too much for the staff. Concierge in particular was superb, good local knowledge and was always able to get us cars for trips quickly. The service at the Club lounge on Level 5 was also excellent and kids club was well run. keep it up. We will be back in March 2015!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear h k

We are truly looking forward to welcoming you and your family in March next year! We are delighted to hear your praise about our service and team members. Thank you for your lovely review!

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed for 7 nights in August with my family and our friends and theirs. Great hotel, attentive staff and ideal location right on the beach. Was upgraded to a suite upon arrival and that positive experience lasted all week. Staff really made an effort with the kids and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Looking forward to the next visit already.

Dear Mark W

I am very happy to hear that you found our team members are attentive and especially made an effort with your children. Thank you for your lovely review and I’m glad that they provided you with the positive experience throughout your stay. We hope you welcome you back real soon!

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here with my Mum and Aunt from the 2-11 of August and it was one of the best holidays i have ever had. Everything about this hotel was AMAZING! the interior, the food, the view especially the Service. they handled all my bookings and even helped me when i had problems with other venues. A very big thankyou to the entire Mezzerie staff, Eduardo, Nick and the head concierge (I'm sorry I can't remember your name) I called Eduardo at the concierge desk all the time, even when I was out and needed to know where to go to get things. The tv's have a personalized welcome message which i thought was absolutely brilliant.

Cons
the hotel is quite far from town and the hotel cars are a bit pricey
the only problem i had was with room service, I had to call them to clean my room on more than one occasion and they didn't always replace everything, especially shower caps. I had to call for it a couple times. But when i did complain, the head of the room service department came over to apologize and came with like 4 men to clean the room very quickly.

Room Tip: I had a sea view room and it was brilliant, you see people on their various water sporting activitie...

Dear Modupe A

It is so good to hear you had the best holiday with us! Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your special praise to our team members, Mezzerie, our all day dining team, Eduardo, Nick and Amado! I also appreciate your feedback you have highlighted. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.