“Convenient Business Hotel”

Ranked #172 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Doha
“Convenient Business Hotel”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My friend and I chose this hotel as it was close to Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, where we were going to see a concert, and was the cheapest place we could find near the venue. We certainly weren't disappointed with the location - it couldn't have been closer!

The hotel was nice, nothing remarkable. The rooms were average size, clean, comfortable and had everything you'd expect from a business hotel of its class.

Breakfast was quite disappointing. Too many guests for a small room, so many guests had to share tables. Service was bad - too few waiting staff and the people they had were uninterested and slow. The lay out wasn't good either, too cramped, and while the quality and selection of the food wasn't too bad, it wasn't really anything to write home about.

We did have a problem with reception though. My friend and I had agreed before hand who would pay for what, so she wanted to pay for the stay when we checked in as she was leaving earlier than me, and explained this to the receptionist. He took her card for authorization - she assumed she was paying the bill, but when I went to check out it turned out he hadn't listened and hadn't charged my friends card, leaving me with an unexpected bill that I was barely able to pay. This was very annoying.

Having said that, I will stay again next time I go to a concert, but will make sure the billing situation is sorted out first!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dohadiverdiva
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience our hotel – the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I am glad that you were happy with our location due to our close proximity to the Dubai Concert Grounds. On the other hand, allow me to apologize if we were not able to have you completely satisfied with our food, of our service and for not being able to cater to your request about the credit card payment of your companion accurately, I will personally investigate this matter you brought up and take corrective actions. We will look forward to see you during the next big concert so we will have the chance to make you completely delighted of your overall stay with us. See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Radisson Blu, Media City is an ideal location for your visit to Dubai. The only criticism if any was that our room was too small but other than that we could not fault this hotel. The restaurants and service at all times were fantastic. We did not use the gym or pool facilities in the hotel but they appeared to be well appointed. We would certainly stay at this hotel again when we next visit Dubai.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ms. Sarah,
My Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City team is impelled with your invaluable feedback about the high quality service we constantly aim to deliver and of our restaurants and facilities. Thank you for your continuous trust and confidence in our hotel. We will always look forward to your succeeding visits!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is a nice looking hotel with comfortable rooms. However do not stay here on a Friday night as we did. I think there must have been a nightclub directly under our room as even the teacups were bouncing out of the saucers! It would be impossible to sleep through that noise even as I am an excellent sleeper! Definitely not for a good nights sleep sadly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment in our Trip Advisor page. Your invaluable feedback is important for us to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate high quality experience that the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City is renowned for. I am delighted to know that you were happy with our guestroom and with our hotel’s style. On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the discomfort that the noise coming from one of our rooftop bars caused you. Rest assured that we are carrying out strict measures to completely eliminate the noise – we are in the process of soundproofing the floors which are affected. I hope that you will overlook this unintentional default from our part one last time and continue to allow us to welcome you in our hotel. Thank you!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Apart from the noise from the roof top bar on the first night of my stay this was a very comfortable and convenient place to stay. Two small but nice pools and a well equipped small gym. The bedroom was well laid out especially for women with well placed mirrors and good bathroom space.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Mrs. Cusack,
We are always indebted by the trust that our valuable guests like you confer upon the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City due to the comfort and convenience that our high quality service brings. I am glad that you appreciated our well laid out guestroom including the bathroom in it, our swimming pools and our well equipped gym. On the other hand, I apologize that your comfortable stay with us was disturbed by the noise coming from one of our rooftop bars, rest assured that we are taking serious measures to completely eliminate the noise. Thank you and see you in our hotel again soon!
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed together with my wife in November 2013. This is our third visit to this hotel, so that explains itself. Service is excellent and rooms are of a good size, Pools are located on rooftops and although small are well suited to the hotel. This hotel is a business hotel and caters for such clients, however, my experiance is not that of being there for business,. but sheer enjoyment and relaxation. The hotel and staff certainly afforded us every opportunity to experiance such.The location is idea and taxis to wherever are available and are good value.Breakfast is an experience in its self,with every conceivable food that you may require being made available to you by buffet service.
Check-in is made simple by the attentive staff and even a 4 am check-out was made quickly and painless to allow early flight to return to UK.
We are both looking to return and will certainly be staying again. To the management & staff at Radisson Blu Media City, thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Malcolm,
Thank you for the generous rating and heartfelt very good comment that you left on trip advisor about your overall stay in our hotel, the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. I am gladdened with the fact that you recognized the quality of service that we give – not to mention how you commended the size of our guestrooms, our swimming pools, our staff, our location, our delectable breakfast menu, and our fast and accurate check-in and check-out procedures. We are always excited to welcome you in our hotel. Thank you as well for your continuous trust.
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

After reading reviews about this hotel before going to Dubai I have to say I was quite apprehensive about staying here for 9 nights but it was a fantastic hotel in a brilliant location! Check in was fast and easy which we appreciated as we didn't arrive until 11pm. When checking in the receptionist asked us for a deposit of 500 dirhams in case we were to use the mini bar or rooftop bar and on check out day we would receive whatever money was left over. I wasn't overly impressed with this as nowhere does it say you have to do this! So at the end of the holiday we were left with 500 dirhams which mostly got spent at the airport!! Our room was nice, spacious and clean, the shower was great! We stayed in the west tower on the 3rd floor. Although the rooftop/club didn't overly affect us at night we could still hear it so if you're someone who has trouble sleeping I would recommend you stay in the east tower, the noise was loud enough being 5 floors below it so god knows what it's like if you're on the 7th floor! The only nights I actually heard noise was Thursday, Friday and Saturday but we were usually so tired it didn't bother us. Plus the rooftop bar is lovely to go to, we usually went for a few drinks before heading out to dinner. Breakfast is good, variety of foods. Probably the best omelettes I've ever had! The rooftop pool in the east tower was one of the best facilities of this hotel, had the sun all day, very quiet and peaceful up there, had it to ourselves a couple of times! Probably visited the pool 2 or 3 times for a few hours each time, so much better than the senso pool in the west tower on the second floor, it gets no sun!! One thing I would complain about is the rooftop pool was closed for business functions 3 times during my stay which we didn't usually find out until on the actual day. We did mention this to reception and the man gave us complimentary tickets to their private pool and beach on the palm which is part of the shoreline apartments. Absolutely loved it there so we went again on our last day. However... This is another hidden cost which isn't mentioned anywhere. It's 120 dirhams per person to use their private pool and beach facility. On the hotel website it makes out this is included in the price you pay but beware it is not. It is a lovely quiet relaxing place so if you get the chance to go then go. Overall for our first trip to Dubai we couldn't of asked for a better location, everything we wanted to do was no longer than a 15 minute taxi drive. The palm, malls, marina, JBR, tallest building and airport were all within easy access. We used taxis everywhere we went and they are amazingly cheap! If you're looking for a value for money hotel in a fab location then I would recommend this one. As great as our stay here was I probably wouldn't come back as I am someone who likes to stay in different places and experience different hotels. Can't wait to come back to Dubai already, one of the best places I've ever visited and the Radisson Blu did not disappoint! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Ms. Davies,
Thank you for such a detailed review and a generous rating! We are quite compelled by your sincere appreciation of our fast check-in procedure, our guestroom where you stayed in, our Tamanya Rooftop Bar, selection of breakfast menu (especially the omelettes), our Dust Terrace swimming pool (we’ll take into consideration your comment about the swimming pool closure notice whenever we will have private functions – thank you for bringing this to my attention) and of our location due to easy accessibility to most of the prominent places in Dubai. However, please allow me to apologize if some of our practices seem to be strange for you like the 500AED deposit – but please trust that we have taken this into practice to protect our staff as well as there have been cases when some guests missed to hand their payment for their extras. I also apologize if your comfortable stay with us was somehow affected by the noise coming from our Tamanya, like what I have said with the previous reviews, please trust that serious measures are being taken to completely avoid the noise from penetrating to our guestrooms causing uneasiness and discomfort to our valued guests. For the 120AED access fee to Riva Beach Club, with my intention to clarify why you were charged, I investigated but had no luck in finding the 120AED on your invoice – for that I apologize as well if the bill was not properly explained to you by our staff and also would like to guarantee that we did not add the 120AED to your bill. Despite your adventurous disposition, I hope that you will still find your way to come back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here on a business trip October 2013, good hotel, rooms a good size, large bathroom, pool areas are good (though the pools, as the photos show, are very small) and because its not really a tourist hotel very quiet, plus, if you have access to the business lounge, excellent food and drink on offer (which is "free"). The bar on top of one of the towers does kick off on a Thursday night till 3-ish, so if you have a room anywhere near it you won't be able to sleep. Location was good for me as near my office, but it is a 20 minute cab ride (outside rush hour) from the main areas, then again cabs are cheap and plentiful. Fantastic omlettes at breakfast.

Room Tip: As far away from the 8th floor bar as possible, make sure you are not facing it.