“A horrible intent to imitate Zuma”
Review of Downtown Toko

Downtown Toko
Ranked #395 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$50 - US$150
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Downtown Toko Restaurant, Garden & Lounge located at Vida Hotel, is the hub for laid-back get-togethers and friendly gatherings. Now open With a brand-new interior and décor, this cheerful space is just what the Dubai casual dining scene needs. Spirit connoisseurs and foodies alike are invited to come and experience the remarkable birth of the venue, coupled with an incredible new menu for excellent value featuring tasty Chinese and Japanese street food including an exciting variety of dim sums, delicious wok dishes, and a special duck recipe specifically created for the restaurant. Spearheaded by Bulldozer Group Worldwide (the Dining & Entertainment Group behind Novikov, Sass Café, Cipriani Dubai, Movida and VIP room), the space has been designed by renowned Russian interior designer Nograph and will feature the main restaurant, lounge and garden that will evoke that intimate yet trendy feel. The famous outdoor garden, a relaxed, laid back atmosphere with lush greenery, beautiful outdoor chairs and comfy sofas will ooze cool, swanky vibes for the perfect weekend hangout.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A horrible intent to imitate Zuma”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

- Worst toro of my life
- Worst Wagyu of my life
- All the rest nothing special
- Service forgot all requests, buuuuuuuut......

-....Zuma prices!!!!

Don't GO. This is for people without taste and that only cares about "plastics"....

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank rdienes
Ghazi A, General Manager at Downtown Toko, responded to this review, 28 September 2014
Dear rdienes,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor.

Our aim is to please and I apologize if on this occasion we did not match your expectations.

We are similar to Zuma, in that we are also an Izakaya service restaurant and lounge, however we are in no way trying to imitate them, although first impressions may lead one to think so.

I have personally made note of the additional comments that you have made, and I will work hard with my team to ensure these shortfalls are corrected at the earliest.

As a gesture of our goodwill, I would like to invite you back to dine with us on your return to Dubai, and we hope on this occasion, to be able to convince you otherwise about Toko.

Please feel free to contact me directly on the number below at a time suitable to you.

I look forward to the pleasure of hearing from you, and welcoming you back to Toko Dubai.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visiting a Japanese restaurant can be tough being a vegetarian but have to say this place is lovely. The tofu and vegetable sushi and warm dishes are to die for ! Delicious cocktails too! Sit outside if you can

Visited March 2014
Dear Explorer SH,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor.

Feedback is an important part of our business and it is always pleasing to hear we are doing some things right.

Thank you for your continued patronage of Toko Dubai, please feel free to contact me should I be of any service at anytime.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazingggg”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

i dined at toko and everything was perfect! Our Waitress Roma i believe her name was, was very attentive and recommended some amazing dishes and cocktails. i asked to be surprised with a non alcoholic fruity cocktail and it was excellent, the flavors worked so well together! i was greeted by reception in a very professional yet friendly relaxed manor. The chocolate fondant is not to be missed, with chef adding a small message on the dessert made the night extra special!

• Visited August 2014
Dear Abbie V.,

056-980-0547
“One of the best Japanese restaurants in Dubai”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Being a resident in Dubai and an individual that loves exploring all things new I must admit Toko has been by far one of the best Japanese cuisine restaurants I've tried yet. My recommendations would be the prawn tempura sushi, rock shrimp, beef gyoza, BLACK COD, and boneless chicken with ginger butter. Everything we ordered off the menu was incredible beautiful and perfectly cooked. As for the dessert don't bother looking at the menu, THE BEST thing you must order is the chocolate hazelnut fondant cake, you'll thank me later for this!

2 Thank Khadija A
Dear KhadijaA,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor.

Feedback is an important part of our business and it is always pleasing to hear we were able to please you.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I liked it, nice food, ambient and crockery.
There are some dishes are truly Japanese and some are more fusion like.
The service was excellent and very patient with my little one. I will recommend it ...definetly.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Taro Tabemasuka San,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor.

Little ones are always welcome at Toko and we take pleasure in making sure they are looked after too, they are also a key to our success.