“Top Apartment Hotel in the near future”

DAMAC Maison Dubai Mall Street
Ranked #280 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
“Top Apartment Hotel in the near future”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Location: Excellent ! It's almost close to everything. The negative part of it is that there's no walking space in the hotel surrounding. In other words, once you step out you need to get a cab to go anywhere. As far as I know there's no supermarket or restaurant or anything around unless you have a car or willing to walk in the desert in construction sites.
The good part is that the hotel facilitated going to Dubai Mall by a cozy Mercedes van that transfers guests to the mall every 15 mins throughout the day. It doesn't take you back though so you'll still need to stand in the taxi line on the way back.
Apartments: Very clean and pleasant with nice long balconies. It was cool to have fridge, hair dryer, cooker and washing machine but no microwave though !! They provide nice spa materials from elemis (tiny free samples) which is ok.
Staff: That was one key plus at the new hotel! The Egyptian guys Mohamed, Islam, Yasmeen and other like Diana, Austin at the pool and everyone else are extremely nice and hospitable. The spa ladies are helpful too even though their manager Christina isn't as cooperative.
Facilities: Very clean and rich gym and superb spa facilities really made my stay for 10 days at Damac. I used the gym almost everyday then enjoyed the sun by the pool side. Despite the construction around I took some lovely view shots for burj Khalifa from the hotel and my apartment on the 35th floor.

I'd also like to thank Damac for the free Arabic coffee and cookies at the lobby, free cookies is always a heartwarming idea.

I'll definitely visit again at the soonest convenience !

Room Tip: Noise due to construction is very bothersome if you're in a lower level or keep balconies open...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hend E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I would like to thank all the Staff at the Damac Maison for making my stay a very pleasant one, especially Ms. Lana who was very helpful and sorted out minor issues with TV reception and room promptly.
There is a lot of building work going on around the hotel but there is no disturbance to sleep and the walk over to Dubai Mall is only 10-15mins. The Hotel provide a regular shuttle service to the Dubai Mall but you have to make your own way back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good morning to all
I stay at Damac. For three night it was great and butiful all the staff was nice and helpful ,
Thank to miss LANA she surprise me and my waif with nice gift. I will go back to Damac. Soon I really happy the room was. Very nice 4202 with very butiful view..

Room Tip: 4202 funtin and burn view in the floor 42
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Damac Maison Hotel just before we flew home to the UK. This hotel only opened in Dec 2013 and is still in the middle of a building site but don't let that put you off. Its within 300m of The Dubai Mall and you can easily walk there. The hotel was very well appointed and the staff were excellent especially the front of house staff Ashker, Ramesh and Renelyn were particularly helpful and we were offered an upgrade to get a view of the Burj Khalifa. We could see the fountain display from our balcony.

The staff went out of their way to be helpful and we would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Dubai.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GauravRai-DAMAC, General Manager at DAMAC Maison Dubai Mall Street, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Mr David Collins 2014,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

I am so pleased that my team, especially Ashker, Ramesh and Renelyn were able to make your stay truly memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Singaraja, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

They hotel stands Number 1 in all the hotels that I stayed in down town.although the hotel is new,the efforts staff make to feel the guest at their ease is awesome.special thanks to Ramesh for his wonderful effort in surprising my wife for her birthday with lovely cake.I will definitely come back

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Mr Adamline88,

Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

I will pass on your feedback to all the respective team members including our great pastry chef, Ashik who had personally made that cake :-)

We look forward look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

+ Great staff : Very friendly and accommodating.
Nice pool, great spa (hotel guests can use everything), extremely close to Dubai Mall (why I booked this one). It will be a great hotel location when the construction all around is finished, but unfortunately that is probably 2017 at earliest. Still if you expect this you can take advantage of the location and enjoy it. It would be awkward getting cabs in and out though.
We booked a small 1 bed suite. The kitchen/laundry were very useful with kids, although no microwave.
Free shuttle every 30m to the mall, but considering you can actually walk to the mall, the van should go to more destinations, like Jumierah Beach, or once a day to Bastakiya or another location.
Complementary valet parking and carwash (because of the dust all around)

-Construction all around, expect it. The hotel is a little island in the middle of construction. No finished road to the hotel. (we expected this and had a car so it did not bother us, but please be aware)
-WIFI 25dh/$7 an HOUR. This is a complete joke for the price of the room, it should be inclusive and affects the value rating of the property.
-a little confusing who you are speaking to when you call down.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better during construction to be above the construction dust/noise. They know whi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr Dephender,

Thank you for your feedback and great comments. My team and I are truly value your feedback and appreciate your custom.

Since the time you stayed with us we have further developed the road in front of the hotel. We are also providing complimentary shuttle service to The Dubai Mall Street, 7 days a week.

We look forward to welcoming you back and your total satisfaction is our ultimate aim.

With best wishes

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I visited damac again due to my business requirements and really enjoyed my stay. room was facing the burj khalifa and the view is awsome. staff from the reception name ashker took me to the room and explained the hotel facilities and i found him to be a great hotelier.
over all the hotel and its services are splendid.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GauravRai-DAMAC, General Manager at DAMAC Maison Dubai Mall Street, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mr Siraj I,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and encouragment!

I will also personally congratulate Ashker and recognise his contributions and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards